JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Special Convention 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2248 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

30 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

The invited countries are listed on the site.

Johan

I see the hosting countries, http://www.jw2018.org/  not the invited countries. Am I not looking in the right place?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I have to make a correction :blushing:. It was the Annual Meeting our letter was about, not the Special Convention. I've been in a brain fog since my accident...sorry 3 times for emphasis..

But we were invited to the AM :)

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I see the hosting countries, http://www.jw2018.org/  not the invited countries. Am I not looking in the right place?

Click on the host country, and if you scroll down a bit, you will find the invited countries.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I wonder why other websites are used instead of a sub-domain of jw.org? I’m not searching to see how many years ahead they have reserved!

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I know the letter was read out in a nearby congregation in London today who have been invited. Oslo and Sri Lanka are the locations. Also, this time it is made clear that if your congregation is not invited, you are allowed to go with someone in a congregation that is, providing you still meet the qualifying criteria.

You can really see the internationalization of our brotherhood when you compare where our special conventions have been held over the past few years. Both this year and in 2016 there were seven conventions listed on the website; but in 2016, five of these were in "the West" (americas and europe) with only one in Asia. Whereas this year only three are in the West, and three locations are spread from the middle east to Asia and the Pacific! (where most humans live today)

table.thumb.png.15bb2f693e9ad3dcbadf8afb74825548.png

link:  icloud.com/numbers/0pqIHgPZ2Kzho4Aiy9zRpHsdw

30 minutes ago, Brandon said:

You can really see the internationalization of our brotherhood when you compare where our special conventions have been held over the past few years. Both this year and in 2016 there were seven conventions listed on the website; but in 2016, five of these were in "the West" (americas and europe) with only one in Asia. Whereas this year only three are in the West, and three locations are spread from the middle east to Asia and the Pacific! (where most humans live today)

table.thumb.png.15bb2f693e9ad3dcbadf8afb74825548.png

link:  icloud.com/numbers/0pqIHgPZ2Kzho4Aiy9zRpHsdw

Hi Brandon, trying to figure out your post. What is Italy doing on your list? What happened to Norway?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

21 minutes ago, youthintheministry23 said:

Ohhh. Wasn't there like a handy infographic that explained the differences? Can't remember.

Yes. There is a video that explains the difference but I can't find it. 

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, youthintheministry23 said:

Ohhh. Wasn't there like a handy infographic that explained the differences? Can't remember.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/pub-jwbrd_201502_4_VIDEO

Found it...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)