JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum

19 hours ago, Old said:

It appears there might be some private room arrangement, though of limited number.

I know it's a strange question, but bear with me.

The letter said those with "many years in full-time service" could apply for the private room arrangement in brothers' homes.

I know it depends from country to country, but what would you say "many years" would mean in your area?

For example, in my country I don't think there are locals with 30 years of full time service (due to a previous communist regime, ban etc). So here it may mean less than that.

What about your area? Thanks for replying. :)

Edited by blueyellow
shortened the quote

I can report that publishers from all congregations in Ontario, and all Russian congregations in Canada, are eligible to apply to the Lviv, Ukraine convention, according to the letter we had read tonight.

(this is not to say that congregations in other canadian provinces aren't also being invited, just that our letter specifically mentioned Ontario, so that's all I can confirm at this point)

Edited by Brandon

We were invited yesterday to apply for the special convention in Tbilisi, Georgia. I couldn't help thinking of @Guri

I don't think many friends will apply, since the program will be in Georgian, Russian and English, and not many friends in Spain speak English (not to mention Russian or Georgian). I guess that's intentional, the letter said only a very limited number of publishers will be invited.

Edited by carlos

We were invited yesterday to apply for the special convention in Tbilisi, Georgia. I couldn't help thinking of @Guri

I don't think many friends will apply, since the program will be in Georgian, Russian and English, and not many friends in Spain speak English (not to mention Russian or Georgian). I guess that's intentional, the letter said only a very limited number of publishers will be invited.

It's a shame, though, that you won't be going for fear you won't understand the program. You'll get the full program at your own convention. This is solely to encourage the brothers and sisters attending and make them see the rare unity we have.

Johan

2 hours ago, carlos said:

Carlos, 

You know perfect English so no excuses :) You will enjoy if you go to Georgia. 

My grandma went to one in mexico years ago and didn't understand a word but loved it all the same!  Somehow it's almost more fun when you can't verbally communicate because then you have to communicate by gesture; and she got lots of hugs and small gifts/tokens of appreciation from the local brothers and sisters that she got the message!

Same letter this evening here in The Netherlands.
Not all congregations are invited though. Last year we had a special convention here.
All the congregations which did not have a share in the Special Convention of last year, are now invited to go to Oslo, Norway.

What an amazing provision!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Thesauron said:

It's a shame, though, that you won't be going for fear you won't understand the program. You'll get the full program at your own convention. This is solely to encourage the brothers and sisters attending and make them see the rare unity we have.

5 hours ago, Guri said:

You know perfect English so no excuses :) You will enjoy if you go to Georgia. 

Oh, I wasn't speaking for myself. I meant the Spanish brothers in general. My spoken English is not very good but enough to benefit from the program. But my family doesn't qualify as delegates for other reasons. :)

Guri, even if we can't attend the special convention in Tbilisi I'd love to visit Georgia on another occasion. I'm curious since I read the yearbook. :)

Just now, carlos said:

Oh, I wasn't speaking for myself. I meant the Spanish brothers in general. My spoken English is not very good but enough to benefit from the program. But my family doesn't qualify as delegates for other reasons. :)

Guri, even if we can't attend the special convention in Tbilisi I'd love to visit Georgia on another occasion. I'm curious since I read the yearbook. :)

Carlos, 

Thank you. I took it as a complimemt. :)

I  went to Georgia this summer, had a short visit there. Did not want to leave. Georgia is a beaitiful place, especially  for holoday.

Please let me know if you go. :) 

On 13.09.2017 at 9:18 PM, blueyellow said:

I know it's a strange question, but bear with me.

The letter said those with "many years in full-time service" could apply for the private room arrangement in brothers' homes.

I know it depends from country to country, but what would you say "many years" would mean in your area?

For example, in my country I don't think there are locals with 30 years of full time service (due to a previous communist regime, ban etc). So here it may mean less than that.

What about your area? Thanks for replying. :)

It seems nobody wants to speculate.

I asked the elders, I'll see if 20 qualifies as "many years" in my country. 

I don't think so, as there are locals with 25 years and many missionaries.

I'll tell you what they said when I know.

1 hour ago, Adelin said:

Why are we encouraged to be at least 2 persons? Aren't there rooms for one person only? Why would it be more expensive for one? 

Because all rooms are double occupancy. No single occupancy rooms are listed. A single party can book a room but they will pay a double occupancy rate.

3 hours ago, Old said:

Because all rooms are double occupancy. No single occupancy rooms are listed. A single party can book a room but they will pay a double occupancy rate.

Heh.. one of the many drags about being single and wanting to travel. It's so much more expensive  <_<

We had our meeting last night and the congregation was invited to the Special Conventions in 2018.  Funny comment though; our COBE said, "Sorry friends, but I can't pronounce the names of these countries, so you'll have to read it when it's posted on the board after the meeting".  :uhhuh: :lol: