JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Special Convention 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2275 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Georgia's selection started yesterday and my wife and I get to go along with my daughter and her husband! Two others from our KH were also selected. For all of us Georgia was our first choice. So excited! (Except for the 30 hour trip to get there)

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

6 hours ago, dozerman5676 said:

Georgia's selection started yesterday and my wife and I get to go along with my daughter and her husband! Two others from our KH were also selected. For all of us Georgia was our first choice. So excited! (Except for the 30 hour trip to get there)

I had Georgia on my mind....:whistling:

Now tell me how long that song stays in your head...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 11/20/2017 at 1:05 PM, onBoard17 said:

We have been invited to the Special Convention in Sri Lanka :) Looking forward to it our last one was in 2016 in the Netherlands!

My wife and I, as well as some other friends from a nearby congregation, got invited to Sri Lanka, as well. It was our first choice, and, incidentally, our first special or international convention. We actually just finalized our flights today. :)

On 21.12.2017 at 12:34 PM, Adelin said:

How do you know you are rejected?

The selection in Romania was made in November.

So when I heard of people being selected, the natural conclusion was that I was not.

I heard (cannot confirm though) that there were only 100 places for Romanians.

I know of a couple of Gilead-trained missionaries who were selected and of a single regular pioneer sister. I do not know the other brothers selected.

3 hours ago, blueyellow said:

I heard (cannot confirm though) that there were only 100 places for Romanians.

I know of a couple of Gilead-trained missionaries who were selected and of a single regular pioneer sister. I do not know the other brothers selected.

If that is the case, did they just wanna have a good laugh about it by inviting the whole country? 

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

2 hours ago, Adelin said:

If that is the case, did they just wanna have a good laugh about it by inviting the whole country? 

There is a video on Broadcasting explaining the difference between international and special conventions. There are fewer people invited at a special convention and if you divide that by the number of the nationalities invited the result is very low.

Frustrating, I know. This teaches us patience. :(

I've heard of some who have been selected for Oslo and Sri Lanka from Britain. Despite the criteria for applicants, all those who I know who have been accepted are regular pionners or Bethelites.

Those who have been accepted for Sri Lanka hace said that they are thinking twice due to the price. They have until January 7th to either confirm their flights or hoteis or both.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've heard from some brothers from my neighbor congregation that there will be a special convention here in Brazil next year. Someone could confirm it, please? 

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

3 hours ago, Ivine said:

Hey guys, I've heard from some brothers from my neighbor congregation that there will be a special convention here in Brazil next year. 

If true, that would be wonderful! I was a delegate to the "Língua Pura" International Convention in São Paulo at that time. Fond memories indeed. :)

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)