JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Iphone Release

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2332 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Do you work for Apple?  If not, you should,  as you seem to be a great advocate for the product. 

Personally? Give me a Samsung any day.  I wouldn't use an ianything.  They are technological followers these days, not leaders and way overpriced.  The only reason they are so popular is due to great advertising initially from Steve Jobs, and the 'i' thing. So much easier to say 'i' this and 'i' that. :lol:

I like iOS simply because it's easier, more user friendly, safer, and more beautiful. If you prefer android, you are probably looking for other things. As for price, Samsung phones in the same category aren't much cheaper.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Android and ios are not so different anymore.
And I gotta say, Samsungs flagship are always filed with innovation.
And apple stopped innovating Since Steve died.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I've been trying Galaxy S8 and a number of other devices and they came across as very unrefined and unfriendly to use for me. The difference is big enough. Not to mention how hard it seems to be propagate updates, even security updates, to the various devices.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 13/09/2017 at 8:49 PM, ChrisTheConfused said:

That animated poop emoji about sums it up for me. If that’s a highlight of augmented reality then it’s doomed!

The 8 plus looks good but I wish they had trimmed the size a bit. My 6s plus is a little big in the case I need.

The prices here are horrendous since the Brexit thing.

The improved slo-mo looks fun.

I’ve changed my mind about A.R. having just seen this!

http://www.madewitharkit.com/post/162290189933/space-x-falcon-9-landing-arkit-demo-by

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:51 PM, GeordieGirl said:

Do you work for Apple?  If not, you should,  as you seem to be a great advocate for the product. :)

Personally? Give me a Samsung any day.  I wouldn't use an ianything.  They are technological followers these days, not leaders and way overpriced.  The only reason they are so popular is due to great advertising initially from Steve Jobs, and the 'i' thing. So much easier to say 'i' this and 'i' that. :lol:

Samsung is not cheap either $960.00 .:D I think the only "SMART" ones are Apple and Samsung, they got most of us paying all this money to walk around to text and make a phone call, go figure. :shrugs: 

51 minutes ago, Stavro said:

The Google Nexus line tends to be a top-quality Android phone, and the previous year models (typically ~$200) have never suffered from the same manufacturer-enforced slowdown that the iPhone has before each new release.

That is what I bought - Nexus 6p. I am still very happy with it.

https://www.google.com/nexus/6p/

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The Google Nexus line tends to be a top-quality Android phone, and the previous year models (typically ~$200) have never suffered from the same manufacturer-enforced slowdown that the iPhone has before each new release.
I have the nexus 7 2013, and still after 4 years it's lightning fast. I did a fresh install of the stock rom a while ago, it felt like it just came out of the store.
The phones are a bit more expensive for me, but first opportunity, I'll be going back to a nexus.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, 1gemstone said:

What wrong with him hair, was it photo shop?

Yes.

Its a joke at the expense of the iPhone X, with its strange screen shape at the top. Jony Ive has been talking for years about having just ‘a magical pane of glass’. I hope he’s happy!

03081C27-BC60-44DA-B8CB-EBF7DDDB4418.thumb.jpeg.8b9b20412f302e06d37e404844335791.jpeg

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I was so upset when I dropped my iPhone 6 Plus the other day face flat on the concrete and cracked the screen at the bottom. I thought about getting the iPhone 8 plus but changed my mind. I don’t want to pay another $800 for a phone. The crack is not that bad but I’m sure if I drop it again it will get worse. I will only if that happens. It’s not the end of the world. I just hate how I won’t get any money for a trade in now.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

1 hour ago, Brother Jack said:

I was so upset when I dropped my iPhone 6 Plus the other day face flat on the concrete and cracked the screen at the bottom. I thought about getting the iPhone 8 plus but changed my mind. I don’t want to pay another $800 for a phone. The crack is not that bad but I’m sure if I drop it again it will get worse. I will only if that happens. It’s not the end of the world. I just hate how I won’t get any money for a trade in now.

You can probably change the screen brother jack :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

47 minutes ago, Alexa said:

You can probably change the screen brother jack :)

Thanks. Yeah, I know I can but I can live with the crack. Next month, I will have had this phone 3 years. I would hate to spend money on it and then it quit on me. Last time I checked, it was a little over $100 to get the screen replaced.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

15 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

The new iPhones have the added feature of being able to break on both sides. 

2 hours ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

The new iPhones have the added feature of being able to break on both sides. 

Just another way for them to make more money...

• 1 month later...

I bought the latest 5th generation iPad last night on Black Friday at Best Buy since it was $80 off. I was told that that was the lowest they’ve ever been. The night before, I was thinking about waking up and getting it shortly after they opened but couldn’t make my mind up. I then saw that they were sold out at Walmart, Best Buy and pretty much all the places that had the same competing price so I just thought I wouldn’t get it if I couldn’t get it for the sale price and forgot about it. By the time Friday came around, I checked again and saw that Best Buy had them back in stock at around 7:00 pm. I went there at around 8:15 pm and it was PACKED! I had never bought electronics on Black Friday so I wasn’t expecting so many people to be there that late... especially since they opened at 5:00 pm Thanksgiving day to start Black Friday off early. I didn’t check with AT&T to find out if they are having any specials on the iPhone 8 Plus. I’ve had my iPhone 6 Plus for 3 years now and I want to get at least another year out of it. I hardly talk on the phone and since I will be using my iPad to surf the internet more and my phone less, hopefully it will last longer :)

17 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

specials on the iPhone 8 Plus. I’ve had my iPhone 6 Plus

I have iPhone8 Plus and it's not a big deal... only buy it if you need it. (another one stops functioning)

They brag about good camera on latest iPhone which at least is very average.. it's still mobile camera and if you try to crop the picture you get "universe of pixels"

Camera performance bit better in full sun any other conditions ..hmmm...hmmm... :whistling:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 9/14/2017 at 1:10 PM, Thesauron said:

I like iOS simply because it's easier, more user friendly, safer, and more beautiful. If you prefer android, you are probably looking for other things. As for price, Samsung phones in the same category aren't much cheaper.

I agree with your comments, although camera on iPhone8 Plus is nothing special.

iOS it's easy to use.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 11/26/2017 at 7:44 AM, Gregexplore said:

I agree with your comments, although camera on iPhone8 Plus is nothing special.

iOS it's easy to use.

I'd compare iOS and Android some sort of different transmission types.

Android is like manual transmission: give you opportunities and a feeling of being in control. iOS just easier to use.

The prices are staggering to me maybe im just a tight wad.I bought a blu hdr1 through amazon for 59.99 does everything i need and the jw library runs perfect on it. I bought the nintendo switch as well its still cheaper together than buying an i phone ....but they are nice .............