JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A Couple of Reminders

I see in the December Workbook on page 4, deals with nails that was use in Jesus time. I might want to add that Jesus was not nailed in the heels like it shows in the picture (some were pierced in the heels with nails) because his bones were not crushed.Most likely the nail or nails went through his Fibula and Tibia bones in his lower legs.

Also I might add in the last study article in the WT were are studying now deals with plans with made according to Jehovah's purpose. Yes, we do have plans, but Jehovah don't.have plans, he has has purposes. This is harmonized in Ephesians 3:11 and Isaiah 55:11.

Good days and free chocolate for everyone!!!! Especially in the World.

I see in the December Workbook on page 4, deals with nails that was use in Jesus time. I might want to add that Jesus was not nailed in the heels like it shows in the picture (some were pierced in the heels with nails) because his bones were not crushed.Most likely the nail or nails went through his Fibula and Tibia bones in his lower legs.

This is correct. Although, it was the use of nails that was interesting. "It provides archaeological evidence that nails were likely used in executions to fasten the person to a wooden stake. This nail may be similar to the nails employed by the Roman soldiers to fasten Jesus Christ to the stake." This, as well as the fact that the bones of the executed criminal was found buried in an ossuary

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

6 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Also I might add in the last study article in the WT were are studying now deals with plans with made according to Jehovah's purpose. Yes, we do have plans, but Jehovah don't.have plans, he has has purposes. This is harmonized in Ephesians 3:11 and Isaiah 55:11.

Good days and free chocolate for everyone!!!! Especially in the World.

They could not have gone through the tibia or fibula either as that would have resulted in broken bones as well. More likely between tendons and muscle mass, or perhaps between the  phalanges on each foot ...which when you think about it ... is very precise to go through both feet without hitting any of the phalange bones. Incredible.

With the 'wrist' too, because of the weight bearing load, it is likely the nails went inbetween the ulna and radius bones as they meet at the wrist to avoid broken bones and to support the weight. 

They would have been very long nails ...poor Jesus.

And yes please chocolate for me. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

18 hours ago, Stormswift said:

They could not have gone through the tibia or fibula either as that would have resulted in broken bones as well. More likely between tendons and muscle mass, or perhaps between the  phalanges on each foot ...which when you think about it ... is very precise to go through both feet without hitting any of the phalange bones. Incredible.

With the 'wrist' too, because of the weight bearing load, it is likely the nails went inbetween the ulna and radius bones as they meet at the wrist to avoid broken bones and to support the weight. 

They would have been very long nails ...poor Jesus.

And yes please chocolate for me. 

Good points sister. We will know more in the New World

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Good points sister. We will know more in the New World

Who do you plan on asking?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Pjdriver said:

The soldiers that nailed him? :coffee:

That was my thought..Jesus did ask his Father to forgive them so possibly they'll be there..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..