JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

YOP - DYI Thread

Do YOU have a hedgehog stuck up your pipe? Does the wind blow through your houseboards?  Does your shower dribble? Do you burn your favourite recipe? 

For all your household and yard problems come here and see if the team who has experience in these fields can help you ... who is this team you ask? The Advisors will make themselves known in due course. *aka anyone who has advice.

So ... YOP!! (Your opinion please!) on DYI subjects or issues that arise in an unforseen way.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

First problem of the thread - STICKY RANCHSLIDER doors.

In the middle of the night, from my warm cosy bed I have to let my cat out, otherwise her piercing cries will give us no sleep. So while sleepily trying to relieve my eardrums I spend endless seconds trying to open my ranchslider that is very sticky - precious seconds that I could be sleeping. This is not good enough! Please help.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

18 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

First problem of the thread - STICKY RANCHSLIDER doors.

What's that?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

33 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Thanks for that Alexa.

I should have said AFTER cleaning it's still sticking .. like its not on the base properly ... we've wiggled and jiggled and its fine for a bit then gets 'sticky' again.

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

What's that?

A sliding door ... we have six sets of these and a couple of them are hard to open.

5 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Thanks for that Alexa.

I should have said AFTER cleaning it's still sticking .. like its not on the base properly ... we've wiggled and jiggled and its fine for a bit then gets 'sticky' again.

A sliding door ... we have six sets of these and a couple of them are hard to open.

Have you taken them out and checked the bottom rollers?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Stormswift said:

Tom has taken them out but maybe we should look closer. Thanks.

The rollers may be dirty or need to be lubricated.