JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Reforms Trump Will Push at the UN

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2379 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

“The president will highlight the U.N. reform event. We have got a massive reform package being led by the secretary-general that really streamlines not just the process but also the budget that goes forward and makes the U.N. much more effective,” U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley told reporters Friday.

The reforms will focus on ensuring that other countries take a more equitable burden to ensure international security

We’re changing the way peacekeeping is done. We’re really bringing up human rights and more importantly, what I appreciate is, they’ve stopped focusing on the commas and the period,s and we’re actually acting. We’re actually seeing strong things happen.”

“So, the president has always believed there is great potential in the United Nations that I think the world is seeing,” she added. “It is actually changing and it is actually becoming more effective.”

http://dailysignal.com/2017/09/15/the-reforms-trump-will-push-at-the-un/

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

This image has already happened. This was when the UN was formed. The beast was the League of Nations and the UN is the image. I was more thinking about the power that is given to the beast for a short time 'one hour'.

That's what seems like to happen if they finally will react.

18 September 2017 – Pledging to overhaul the United Nations bureaucracy to make the world body stronger and more responsive to the people it serves, Secretary-General António Guterres today launched a pledge of support for reforms that has the backing of 128 countries.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=57538#.WcCE7sZLepo

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

18 September 2017 – Pledging to overhaul the United Nations bureaucracy to make the world body stronger and more responsive to the people it serves, Secretary-General António Guterres today launched a pledge of support for reforms that has the backing of 128 countries.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=57538#.WcCE7sZLepo

Was just reading this on a different site.  Glad I checked here before posting new topic. :) 

United States President Donald Trump said at the UN that "bureaucracy" is holding the international body back, saying he supports the efforts by Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to find the ways to reform the organization so it could serve the interests of global peace and security.

"In recent years the United Nations has not reached its full potential because of bureaucracy and mismanagement," Trump said at the meeting, which was held on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly.

And because it hasn't been the right time

There have been several attempts to date to reform the organization to improve its effectiveness in tackling international crises. The initiatives mostly focused on reforming the UN Security Council by increasing number of its permanent members or canceling the veto right. As of now none of them have been successful.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

On 9/18/2017 at 9:18 AM, skipdaflip said:

This image has already happened. This was when the UN was formed. The beast was the League of Nations and the UN is the image. I was more thinking about the power that is given to the beast for a short time 'one hour'.

That's what seems like to happen if they finally will react.

Not exactly. 

The 2 horned wild beast is the Anglo American world power. The image of the wild beast is the League of Nations which became the UN 

Just remembered a phrase, 'giving them teeth' and found it in the Revelation Book:

*** re chap. 35 p. 258 par. 21 Executing Babylon the Great ***
21 Yes, the nations will use the scarlet-colored wild beast, the United Nations, in destroying Babylon the Great. They do not act on their own initiative, for Jehovah puts it into their hearts “even to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast.” When the time comes, the nations will evidently see the need to strengthen the United Nations. They will give it teeth, as it were, lending it whatever authority and power they possess so that it can turn upon false religion and fight successfully against her “until the words of God will have been accomplished.” Thus, the ancient harlot will come to her complete end. And good riddance to her!

Wow! How very very close we are! Hang on everyone! 

5 minutes ago, jjsunray said:

Just remembered a phrase, 'giving them teeth' and found it in the Revelation Book:

It's funny that we use that expression a lot but it was hard for me to find in in the publications. It's not used as much as I thought. Glad you found it.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Not exactly. 

The 2 horned wild beast is the Anglo American world power. The image of the wild beast is the League of Nations which became the UN 

You're right.The UN is the scarlet colored one. Translating this difficult material back into English while it is not my main language, confuse me more then I've expected.

But giving it power for one hour still stands.

The Revelation Book talks about the teeths in par 21 to destroy Babylon the Great. From par 11 it talks about giving the beast more power 'for ons Hour' and it looks like that's happening more likely nog then giving it teeth.

Edited by skipdaflip

Now maybe this will hush certain brothers and sisters who've been less than neutral when mentioning Mr Trump. As imperfect humans, we can easily follow the crowd. But it's good to remember this gentleman hasn't been as bad as certain world 'leaders', despite the claims of the worked up people who believe anything they hear! Time will tell if this plays a part in prophecy.

It's almost shocking (but also exciting) to hear the leader of the current world power speak to all the nations' leaders, saying:

Our success depends on a coalition of strong and independent nations....  We are calling for a great reawakening of nations.

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6PIeehInLE