JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast for October 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2382 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We have our Circuit Assembly this coming Saturday, then Monday's JW Broadcast for October,

then the Annual Meeting/Dedication.

Let the spiritually feasting begin!!! 

59c834a92eb37_Eatingfrenzy.gif.4b17080b39478bce781d61c3259ed85c.gif

59c834d92a1e8_HappyExcitedWoohoo.gif.54ef926e7b06cac26ac69790614b22dc.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

One day assembly Sunday October 1, 2017

October Broadcast Monday October 2, 2017

Tuesday CLAM Meeting October 3, 

Annual Meeting Saturday October 7, 2017

I'm looking forward to the First week of this month to carry me forward through the rest of the month. 

Edited by Life4u

Add

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

One day assembly Sunday October 1, 2017
October Broadcast Monday October 2, 2017
Tuesday CLAM Meeting October 3, 
Annual Meeting Saturday October 7, 2017

I'm looking forward to the First week of this month to carry me forward through the rest of the month. 
CLAM Meeting?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

Christian Life and Ministry Meeting 

CLAM

CLAM BAKE

Christian Life And Ministry

Brothers And Kids Everywhere! :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

We have our Circuit Assembly this coming Saturday, then Monday's JW Broadcast for October,

then the Annual Meeting/Dedication.

Let the spiritually feasting begin!!! 

59c834a92eb37_Eatingfrenzy.gif.4b17080b39478bce781d61c3259ed85c.gif

59c834d92a1e8_HappyExcitedWoohoo.gif.54ef926e7b06cac26ac69790614b22dc.gif

We have our assembly this Sunday, the JWB comes next Monday, and we attend the Annual Meeting the following Sunday. I am LOVING the month of October already.

15 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Next week!

Then the Annual Meeting a week later!

Then our CA a week later!

Wow!

I wish every month was like this one, brother. I mean, its a good break from the world and puts us in a positive mindset. How the organization is progressing and becoming more transparent is a real blessing to me. I used to read about annual meetings, and bethel morning worship, but never had the chance to attend one. I am so happy that we are getting to know our organization better, and the men behind it.

Edited by Bob

15 minutes ago, dvds said:

There will be an original song for the AM?

Letter 9/17/2017, to all congregations in the United Staes Branch territory.

"...we are pleased to inform you that the Governing
Body has approved a new original song for the dedication program. It is entitled “A Place
That Will Bring You Praise.” This new song will be one of the songs that we sing during the
program."

This is a posted letter and was read after our WT study yesterday.

Edited by Old

added comment

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

This is kind of interesting. The letter was posted on the Sept 22 or 23 with instructions to be read at the next meeting. So if some did not get to hear it Sunday, short of a CA, then their elders are not following up often in checking their letters on JW.ORG. I believe the instructions say elders are to check the JW.ORG page weekly, In which case some congregations won't get the letter until next Sunday.  

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

13 minutes ago, Old said:

This is kind of interesting. The letter was posted on the Sept 22 or 23 with instructions to be read at the next meeting.

To be fair, some congregations put these sorts of letters on the board largely unread to save time, especially during the midweek meeting when the brothers are allotted 3 minutes to read 5 pages of letters.

Edited by Stavro

10 minutes ago, Stavro said:

To be fair, some congregations put these sorts of letters on the board largely unread to save time, especially during the midweek meeting when the brothers are allotted 3 minutes to read 5 pages of letters.

That is the one of the saddest things.  I'm not sure it was the best idea to dispense with the "Announcements" portion of our meetings.  SOOO much gets missed -- at my congregation, no one knows where the meeting for Sunday service is, if/when there is evening witnessing, reminders about watching the Broadcast on second Monday (many thought we weren't doing it anymore..) etc.  We have new music to learn for an extremely important meeting and maybe no one will know about it... :( 

Most congregations' information boards, although usually organized, there isn't much to differentiate the loads of paper up there.  If you don't suspect you have a talk coming up, there isn't much incentive/reminder to read thru everything to be sure you haven't missed anything.. and that's if you're tall enough to read what's at the top.  Maybe if there was different colored paper, a header that said "special announcements"...?

I don't know.. :) 

13 minutes ago, Hope said:

Most congregations' information boards, although usually organized, there isn't much to differentiate the loads of paper up there.

In my hall, the oldest letters are moved to the top right of the board, and the newest go on the bottom left. When a new letter is added, an announcement will be made "we have a new letter about (topic) on the board", and short announcements like FS or the broadcast are made from the platform as usual.

Edited by Stavro

28 minutes ago, Stavro said:

Fair to whom?  They are not following instructions, which in this case, were specific: the next meeting, even if it is a CO visit.  Actually this is a most unusual arrangement. A new release in five days!  This letter is a five day notice to the downloading of this new song. If this weekend opportunity was missed and your midweek meeting is on Thursday, which is the day of the release, it is sad, if it is on Friday, that congregation will be late for a special spiritual meal.

I agree that time to read letters is a problem, but Elders have received instructions on reducing the time of their parts to allow for the reading of letters "To be read at your next meeting.". 

Speaking of the coming broadcast (this topic is about the broadcast, isn't it?), what are your speculations? What's the theme going to be? What exciting reenactments, experiences and interviews will we see? And especially, does anyone have any advance notice pictures?

The broadcast will first show up here:
https://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwb&issue=201710

1 hour ago, Old said:

This is kind of interesting. The letter was posted on the Sept 22 or 23 with instructions to be read at the next meeting. So if some did not get to hear it Sunday, short of a CA, then their elders are not following up often in checking their letters on JW.ORG. I believe the instructions say elders are to check the JW.ORG page weekly, In which case some congregations won't get the letter until next Sunday.  

I'm from Brazil, maybe this letter was sent to all congregations that will broadcast the AM.