JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who's really extremist? Man dressed as a Priest attacks Cart Witnessing brothers

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2395 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Our brothers and sisters kept calm. The brothers tried to call the police I think.

A stupid thing is that they placed evicedence on the internet themselves. On the other hand, several other where also filming.

Very sad to see this happen. But we know this will eventually happen more and more. 

This was happening all the time when we were in Greece in the 1980's. Back then the priests worked in gangs and anyone approaching brothers holding up magazines (no house to house work allowed so they did street work) were intimidated and brothers were attacked. That's why they stood outside the Glyfada American Army barracks, because the US army would let the brothers through the army entrance checkpoint post for protection if priests were trying to attack them.

We have to keep preaching even though it will get worse...In Sweden, Gothenburg, 1st of september a brother in his 60-ies was cut with a knife in the face doing cart witnessing and the man shouted: "all Jehovahs witnesses should die"

http://www.gp.se/nyheter/göteborg/hatbrottsmotiv-kan-ligga-bakom-knivattacken-i-göteborg-1.4590398

fortunately its uncommon, but wise to be prepared for people who can be violent.

4 hours ago, ouzo said:

These are some videos of a greek orthodox priest who attacked our brothers in Greece, while they were in cart ministry

What a lunatic. 

It's just like what Paul and the early apostles had to go through though. 

I noticed in his channel his profile picture is of a "No barcodes" symbol. This goes back to Christian extremists back in the day when the first came about, and there was a theory that barcodes were evil and marks of the devil, something about "666" being in the barcodes or something or other... he's obviously an advocate.

theory-of-666.jpg

But easily debunked. 

http://www.virtualsalt.com/barcode.htm

Clearly he doesn't read the Bible enough to act like he does.  He has quite a few fans. Now 'this' is what a real Christian cult looks like. 

Edited by EccentricM

There is also increase of violent attacks here in Melbourne 

Just yesterday we got new instructions in relation to Metropolitan Cart Witnessing saying that each Cart location must be accompanied by at least one brother or two. Roster will be updated accordingly... 

Satan feels that his short time is running out. 

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

BTW my cart was flying in the air as well. Police and public assisted us greatly.

One brother was punched in the stomach 

In cases like this we have instructions to walk away from the carts within 3 sec. 

On the video they stayed by the carts too long unnecessarily endangering  themselves 

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

scary, but doesn't it show how angry satan is

A good representation of his haughty attitude though, how he shows off, jumping over walls and fences (when there was a clear path available) and waltzing around like narcissistic thug. 

The priest likely would have thrown the brother to the pavement rather than just the cart, but knowing he could be arrested and charged with assault prevented that.

As was mentioned, some of the comments under the video on YouTube are siding with the priest! One of them says "Orthodoxy or death, with the joy of God, the game continues."

They'd have a hard time convincing me they have "the joy of God."

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Removed reference to other topic since we merged them.

17 minutes ago, Samira said:

from a brother in Greece:

Don't worry brothers and Sisters this thing is common in Greece! Things like that tend to happen in the trolleys from time to time!!! We're used to it!
 I was just informed by an Elder that this Priest is mentally sick and he actually isn't a Priest! He dresses up like a priest! And he generally does that kind of things to other people too! You don't have to worry! And also nobody got hurt!! Everything's fine!!!
And Orthodox Priests here in Greece for the past 15 years and more have never done such a thing!!! We have very peaceful relations!!! And they're very positive with our literature! This one was not a Real Priest!!! 

Good to know. So it wasn’t actually the priesthood doing this, but a deranged lunatic dressing up as a priest? Can you see how this could easily be conveyed as fake news?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

All I can say to this is what the Apostle Paul said about God's adversaries: "For we know the One who said: “Vengeance is mine; I will repay. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (Heb.10:30, 31)

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Removed link to unapproved website

The same thing used to happen in Georgi 15-18 years ago. There was a priest cLled Vasili Mkalavishvili, he was cut off from the church bit he used to attack brothers and sisters with his perish (fallow christians). If you would ask the Orthodox Church of Georgi they would say, he is not a member/priest of our church. But in reality he was doing everything in behalf of Orthodox faith. Finally he was arrested by a new government and spent few years in prison. When he came out he continued to be a priest. 

I don’t really know about the Greece but I kist want to say that sometimes they use lies to pretend the church is “innocent” in that business. 

17 hours ago, SusanE said:

All I can say to this is what the Apostle Paul said about God's adversaries: "For we know the One who said: “Vengeance is mine; I will repay. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (Heb.10:30, 31)

This story was debunked here: 

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/32875-who-is-really-extremist-orthodox-priest-attacks-the-cart-witnessing-brothers/?do=findComment&comment=504607

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Fixed link after merging topics, removed reference to unapproved website.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

19 hours ago, EccentricM said:

A good representation of his haughty attitude though, how he shows off, jumping over walls and fences (when there was a clear path available) and waltzing around like narcissistic thug. 

Matt, I was going to make this comment as well ... it looks like Satan blinds their minds to the existence of stairs 

MIsrable  " little agent" of satan the loser.