JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shooter in Las Vegas

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2109 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 minutes ago, alohapaulette said:

Unless you have been a victim of this evil government as my family has, you  will not understand.

Given that many of the survivors have not yet recovered from their wounds, and the families have not even had time to bury their dead, I feel it's more than a little insensitive to come into a thread about remembering our sister and repeat politically-backed conspiracies against the government.

56 minutes ago, alohapaulette said:

I don't believe for a minute this dude pulled this off.  Another CIA coverup.

I don't want to promote Conspiracy up here. But we all know Satan makes use of all kind of ways to destroy as many as possible in these last days.

It is that we must put trust in our true king and savoir Jesus Christ and our God Jehovah. Salvation can only be found there.

The governments in this world are not trustworthy and got several agendas.

That's why I don't put disbelief in these stories. It could all be possible.

I think we will still be suprised after Armageddon how worse this world was when we got all pieces of the puzzle together and get the big picture.

https://youtu.be/xtcIJk_EKAI

Our thoughts go out to everyone in Las Vegas. Especially our spiritual brothers and sisters which have to deal with this terrible loss. To her husband, daughter, parents and relatives.

From your spiritual family in the Netherlands.

We will keep you in our prayers.

Edited by skipdaflip

Let us, EVERYONE, move on now away from the conspiracy theory talk.  This is not the time or the place.  

(Ecclesiastes 3:1-4) 3 There is an appointed time for everything, A time for every activity under the heavens: ...  A time to weep.

(Romans 12:15) . . .weep with those who weep. . .

Edited by Shawnster

3 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

As one who believes in government cover-ups and conspiracies, I agree with you. Whoever this guy actually was, whoever really carried out, and whatever the truth is, who cares? It's all the same wickedness.

There is something to learn from this though. Pay even better heed to the FDS counsel to avoid large crowds.

This was the final straw for me. I'm never going to a concert, sports event or anything similar again in this system.

What does FDS stand for?

2 Timothy 3:13 But wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled.

Pulse nightclub shooting June 2016 was worse modern day shooting in USA...eclipsed only some 15 months later.

Let Your Kingdom Come!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

We in Colorado experienced a somewhat similar tragedy in 2013 when we were flooded. Many were wandering around asking what we had done to deserve such punishment from God, but most were not interested in the answers that we could give them. In any disaster, the world attributes it to God. One of the areas that concerns me is that the authorities are listing this as the worst mass shooting in history. What idiot is planning to cause a worse disaster just to be known as the new record-holder of mass destruction?

21 minutes ago, Qapla said:

:shrugs:   And here I thought one of the worst mass shootings in history was WWII - 55 million dead and lasted for several years   :nope:

Is Las Vegas the worst mass shooting in US history? It’s surprisingly complicated.
It depends on what counts as a mass shooting — and the typical definition leaves out some pretty bad attacks.

It’s already been said again and again in the span of a day: The shooting at the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas, with at least 58 dead and hundreds injured, was the deadliest mass shooting in American history.

But was it really? The answer, it turns out, is surprisingly complicated.

The short version: It was definitely the deadliest mass shooting in recent history. But if you look further back in the US’s past, the real answer depends on how you define a mass shooting.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/10/2/16401510/las-vegas-shooting-deadliest

Spoiler

War and combat deaths are listed differently than criminal acts.  And not all those 55 million were shot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shooting#Definition

As long as man is killing man, it is a massacre, it started with Cain, and will end when Jehovah cleanses the earth of all who might prey on fellow man! (Every time I hear that, "pop-pop" of that gun, I shudder. It is the sound of people dying, just makes my heart hurt)

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

2 hours ago, M&M said:

A lot of abbreviations on this site.

We try to add acronym expansions for these abbreviations, so that if you mouse-over them, a small definition of what it means will pop up.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

We heard that a second sister may have been killed but the information is sketchy, has anyone else heard anything? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, tucker said:

What idiot is planning to cause a worse disaster just to be known as the new record-holder of mass destruction?

I asked myself the same thing. Always seems to be a copycat around somewhere. :(

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

On 10/2/2017 at 2:04 PM, Ezekiel said:

Unfortunately a sister from our area was there &  was one of the victims. One of our extended family members knew her. So sad, may thoughts and many prayers go out to their family. http://amp.fox25boston.com/news/it-doesnt-make-sense-tewksbury-mother-killed-in-vegas/618336619

Her aunt has created a gofundme to help the family with the medical and funeral costs.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

We heard that a second sister may have been killed but the information is sketchy, has anyone else heard anything? 

I received a google alert, that said a sister from Boston was killed in Vegas.  She was there with her husband, daughter and 

sister to celebrate their 20th anniversary.   Wasn't sure if this is the one you mentioned. 

5 minutes ago, momma said:

I received a google alert, that said a sister from Boston was killed in Vegas.  She was there with her husband, daughter and 

sister to celebrate their 20th anniversary.   Wasn't sure if this is the one you mentioned. 

That has already been mentioned and was in the news. A friend of our heard there was another sister killed but she hasn't been able to confirm it yet.

5 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

That has already been mentioned and was in the news. A friend of our heard there was another sister killed but she hasn't been able to confirm it yet.

Your friend needs to substantiate her story, it is not like our turtle to post a 'heard it on the grapevine..'  story. IMHO :(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

10 minutes ago, Old said:

Your friend needs to substantiate her story, it is not like our turtle to post a 'heard it on the grapevine..'  story. IMHO :(

Then you might have noticed that I was just asking if anyone else had any information. Apparently the answer is no.

Just got a scanner alert for an active shooter in Barberton, Ohio.

http://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/oh-summit/reports-of-active-shooter-in-barberton

BARBERTON, Ohio - Norton Police are investigating reports of a man armed with an assault rifle in the area of Barber Road.

Police say they have confirmed shots were fired around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday on Barber Road between I-76 and Barberton High School.

Barberton High School and sports fields were evacuated where football practice and a wrestling event were taking place. Barber Road was shut down at I-76 to Morgan Avenue.

People in the area were told to lock their doors and stay inside.

Barberton and Copely police departments are assisting at the scene.

We gotta be standing on the threshold of the Great Tribulation. :unsure:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Update on above shooter:  He's no longer active. 

NORTON, Ohio - A suspect is in custody following an investigation into an "active shooting" scene, according to law enforcement officials.

The suspect was taken to Akron General with some injuries, according to officials at the scene.

http://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/oh-summit/reports-of-active-shooter-in-barberton

I hope the shooter is the only one that was injured.:unsure:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Her aunt has created a gofundme to help the family with the medical and funeral costs.
Link?

By the way I know a guy in the Philippines who is also pretty likely to carry such an act out, when he's on one of his polytoxicologic highs again.. which may also be part of the explanation of what happened in Vegas. Something to do with substantial drug abuse.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Just got a scanner alert for an active shooter in Barberton, Ohio.

We gotta be standing on the threshold of the Great Tribulation. :unsure:

This is my neighborhood. Paid attention all night. Shooter was only one injured. He was NOT at the high school but at a storage unit facility down the road. 

It's our sister congregation territory by only a few blocks. 20 minutes from my house.