JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

This update also solves the issue that older tablets were having when they tried to access "publications". I have heard from four friends who were having issues like Lynn was and they all say problem solved.

I didn't have a problem with this update on any of our tablets. It all works fine. I was too impatient to wait for an update so I used Samsung Kies to up date the firmware to solve the previous problem. Probably not a bad idea to check for firware  updates whether one is having a problem or not.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I 'm still waiting for the first update for my windows desktop

I'm still waiting for it on my computer as well. Maybe there wont be any more updates for Windows unless you have a windows phone. I just noticed that there is a seperate icon on jw.org for those with a Windows phone. 

Edited by mserskine

Any word on when there will be a jw.org app for foreign language work? I am serving in the Tagalog circuit.

This is what I am eager for also. Then it will be more like Equipd.
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Having access to all these publications makes me wish I could study them within the app by highlighting and making notes. I know the jw.org site says that this capability is coming soon (but like the end of this system) they've been saying it for a while and still nothing. In fact we've gotten other updates first when this one was listed long ago. Does anyone know of an app that works within an app like JW Library that provides these capabilities?

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Well now, let's not look a gift horse in the mouth. When it all comes together, I am sure we will be happy with it.

I honestly didn't mean to sound unappreciative, it's just that I could use the JWLibary much more than I do now if we had that update. It was listd as coming back in January 2014 and since then we have had other udates that weren't even listed on the site in January! I'm just anxious for it and everytime I get that little "notification" at the top of my tablet and it says JW Library, I think "this is it", "it's finally here" and I get a big disappointed. Having all the extra publications in the app makes that NEED for it in me worse!

I only have a Nook.  Should the update happen automatically?  I haven't seen anything.  ;(

I'm thinking that I read somewhere in this forum that you may have to update manually for a nook or Kindle.

Quite a few in my congregation have vision problems, and the large-print NWT is too bulky to carry around to every meeting. For them, the app is exactly what they needed to keep up with the meetings once again.

For personal study and highlighting, I find the Epub version works just fine, though you don't get the same swift navigation that you get in the app. Of course it would be nice to have highlighting and notations in the app, but given the choice between waiting a full year for an extra slight convenience, or allowing older ones to finally read the bible once again, I'd pick the current 'unfinished' app any day.

Funny how we can be happy with whatever we have until something better presents itself. I didn't need a cell phone until my husband started making me carry one - now I feel terrible if I leave it at home. I too need a large print Bible (have used the reference Bible since it came out) and now exclusively use my tablet for the bible and wonder what would do without it. I'm holding out for the new Reference Bible, but I realize that could be a while.