JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum
bohemian

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Wondering if anyone here has the app called Waze and an iphone. I was going to purchase a GPS to make a local trip (today) when someone suggested that I install this app. It's really a nice substitute for a GPS; the only problem I'm having is after I open it up my iphone keeps telling me that 'no GPS can be found'. After searching online and trying the various suggestions, it still does not move or speak. I finally came across an article on google that said that after an IOS update, the Waze would not work anymore but the steps they offered to fix it didn't work. I tried different locations, in the house, outside, even thought I needed to be in a moving vehicle for it to work so drove out to the mailbox lol.

If anyone knows what the solution is I would appreciate any help...many thanks..

14 hours ago, Dove said:

Wondering if anyone here has the app called Waze and an iphone. I was going to purchase a GPS to make a local trip (today) when someone suggested that I install this app. It's really a nice substitute for a GPS; the only problem I'm having is after I open it up my iphone keeps telling me that 'no GPS can be found'. After searching online and trying the various suggestions, it still does not move or speak. I finally came across an article on google that said that after an IOS update, the Waze would not work anymore but the steps they offered to fix it didn't work. I tried different locations, in the house, outside, even thought I needed to be in a moving vehicle for it to work so drove out to the mailbox lol.

If anyone knows what the solution is I would appreciate any help...many thanks..

Use Iphone, maps, type where you want go in  search window and find it, hit directions and push go.Gives main route plus alternates.  

Edited by Old

11 hours ago, Old said:

Use Iphone, maps, type where you want go in  search window and find it, hit directions and push go.Gives main route plus alternates.  

Thank you bro. Old. Before I had a chance to try that out, I got on my way and surprisingly, in spite of what I read the app started working and got me there okay. Only problem I had was twice someone in the car told me the app was wrong and told me to go another way but the app corrected me and sent me back and it was right. ☺️

But since I have tried both the Iphone Maps and google maps and they both did the same thing as well as Waze.

The only thing I would prefer though is if I could have the visual on the screen that the Garmin gps's give. It would help me see where I was on the road and other things that the split screen provides.

Another point is when it tells you the next turn is a certain fraction of a mile ahead like 1/4, 3/4 of a mile. I have trouble making that judgment of distance while driving; I turned too soon once and had to turn around and go back. I think that's what the visual screen might help me with.

But these maps are a great help. I feel more confident to drive myself anywhere alone..just need to decide on which one is the best to buy. Looking at Amazon they all seem to have some complaints; that's with everything you buy but getting lost somewhere is worse than buying the wrong tea pot..I know 'cause I've done both ☺️

Edited by Dove