JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

The icon for "donations" at the bottom of the page has changed...

Now it matches the signs I've seen at the AH and RC.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Wondering if anyone here has the app called Waze and an iphone. I was going to purchase a GPS to make a local trip (today) when someone suggested that I install this app. It's really a nice substitute for a GPS; the only problem I'm having is after I open it up my iphone keeps telling me that 'no GPS can be found'. After searching online and trying the various suggestions, it still does not move or speak. I finally came across an article on google that said that after an IOS update, the Waze would not work anymore but the steps they offered to fix it didn't work. I tried different locations, in the house, outside, even thought I needed to be in a moving vehicle for it to work so drove out to the mailbox lol.

If anyone knows what the solution is I would appreciate any help...many thanks..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I just use Google Maps - works just like a GPS

Now, my phone is Android, but I understand that Google works on IOS

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

14 hours ago, Dove said:

Wondering if anyone here has the app called Waze and an iphone. I was going to purchase a GPS to make a local trip (today) when someone suggested that I install this app. It's really a nice substitute for a GPS; the only problem I'm having is after I open it up my iphone keeps telling me that 'no GPS can be found'. After searching online and trying the various suggestions, it still does not move or speak. I finally came across an article on google that said that after an IOS update, the Waze would not work anymore but the steps they offered to fix it didn't work. I tried different locations, in the house, outside, even thought I needed to be in a moving vehicle for it to work so drove out to the mailbox lol.

If anyone knows what the solution is I would appreciate any help...many thanks..

Use Iphone, maps, type where you want go in  search window and find it, hit directions and push go.Gives main route plus alternates.  

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

11 hours ago, Old said:

Use Iphone, maps, type where you want go in  search window and find it, hit directions and push go.Gives main route plus alternates.  

Thank you bro. Old. Before I had a chance to try that out, I got on my way and surprisingly, in spite of what I read the app started working and got me there okay. Only problem I had was twice someone in the car told me the app was wrong and told me to go another way but the app corrected me and sent me back and it was right. ☺️

But since I have tried both the Iphone Maps and google maps and they both did the same thing as well as Waze.

The only thing I would prefer though is if I could have the visual on the screen that the Garmin gps's give. It would help me see where I was on the road and other things that the split screen provides.

Another point is when it tells you the next turn is a certain fraction of a mile ahead like 1/4, 3/4 of a mile. I have trouble making that judgment of distance while driving; I turned too soon once and had to turn around and go back. I think that's what the visual screen might help me with.

But these maps are a great help. I feel more confident to drive myself anywhere alone..just need to decide on which one is the best to buy. Looking at Amazon they all seem to have some complaints; that's with everything you buy but getting lost somewhere is worse than buying the wrong tea pot..I know 'cause I've done both ☺️

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Update to Study Bible on iOS available. I can’t see any obvious difference.

7A58D91C-485F-4EA8-AF6A-579952A1D1D2.jpeg.f855429ed2743a34c166049d5d2ef532.jpeg

Android too. It must be a new update because we had an update recently. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...

Say - does anyone know how to delete a downloaded Bible translation from the JW Library app?  I accidentally downloaded the New World Translation along with the Study Bible onto my new phone last week... and the NWT seems to cancel the Study Bible out.  At least, as far as the multimedia portion is concerned.

I don't want to delete the entire app and start over, but I will if I have to.  :(  Please advise?

Thank you!  :)

Noticed there is a new language added in JW.Org.  It is  "Hindi (Fiji)"

Those who cannot read Hindi, can now read the same in English.    Never imagined...wow.

In India, some places people who can understand Hindi and they speak, while they did not learn to read and write the Hindi language. But they read English.  This is surely going to be very helpful to them too.

https://www.jw.org/hif/

Agape

On 9/19/2018 at 5:18 PM, Raphael said:

Is there a program to open and edit the content of the backup file of the notes? The backup file has the extension “.jwlibrary”. Adding extensive notes would be easier that way than inputting them in the JW Library app.

Anyone know how to do this?

10 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Anyone know how to do this?

You can do extensive notes using any program and then past them into the appropriate place of JWLibrary. being related to specific places in the app, like attached to a bible verse or a study pub is a grwat feature that you can't replicate in any exterior app... I don't see the reason why you wanted to do it or I didn't understand the request...

3 hours ago, jayrtom said:

You can do extensive notes using any program and then past them into the appropriate place of JWLibrary. being related to specific places in the app, like attached to a bible verse or a study pub is a grwat feature that you can't replicate in any exterior app... I don't see the reason why you wanted to do it or I didn't understand the request...

I was just bumping Raphaels question.(post 3115) It seemed like it was missed so I wanted more people to see it.

As for me,  I don't understand his question and I can't do him any good.  If I can't beat on it to fix it, or use a rope to start it, I'm not much good...lol

Thank you  João, I hope you and your wife are doing well.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate that. ..

Tim.....

6 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

I was just bumping Raphaels question.(post 3115) It seemed like it was missed so I wanted more people to see it.

As for me,  I don't understand his question and I can't do him any good.  If I can't beat on it to fix it, or use a rope to start it, I'm not much good...lol

Thank you  João, I hope you and your wife are doing well.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate that. ..

Tim.....

Thank you for your words ;).

@Raphael please see my answer to Tim

@tekmantwo @jayrtom thanks don’t worry about it. The backup option for the personal study notes is already a great feature, so it’s okay if we can’t edit it. I thought there’s a way to open the backup file and edit it  like an html source code file. 

Thanks! 😃

19 minutes ago, Raphael said:

@tekmantwo @jayrtom thanks don’t worry about it. The backup option for the personal study notes is already a great feature, so it’s okay if we can’t edit it. I thought there’s a way to open the backup file and edit it  like an html source code file. 

Thanks! 😃

What kind of edits you would like to do? Can you give an example? :)