JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

21 minutes ago, Raphael said:

Like adding the notes there and when I restore the backup file it will auto link the notes to the Bible verses. 

But what exactly do you want to do in the backup file that you can't already do inside the app? If you mean copying one entire article from wol into a note associated with a specific verse, you can do it . In what way would you write the note in the backup file and it would be automatically associated to a specific verse? Unless you're thinking in a app that let's you select the verse and then put there the notes.... But in what way would it be different from JWLibrary? The things that are missing from JWL notes feature are just notes formatting (bold, underline, highlight etc...) and links inside the notes pane.... But this is note related to the notes itself just the presentation and I'm waiting for some of those features to come out (some were promised)

Same here. The update was 15 mb. Then the study bible was 86mb. I wonder how big the study bible will grow too when it is fully updated. Then if there is one revision/update/new thought, will we have to DL the whole lot again?
By the way. I wanted to download a pdf of the Feb 2008 Awake. I went to the website but could not find the option for pdf, epub, rtf etc All I could get was jwpub to be imported into the app (ONLY!).
Any ideas how to get a Feb 2008 Awake! in pdf? e81b93622d0233c3cc560f6e13bafd0d.jpg

Older {waiting for wiser}

Same here. The update was 15 mb. Then the study bible was 86mb. I wonder how big the study bible will grow too when it is fully updated. Then if there is one revision/update/new thought, will we have to DL the whole lot again?
By the way. I wanted to download a pdf of the Feb 2008 Awake. I went to the website but could not find the option for pdf, epub, rtf etc All I could get was jwpub to be imported into the app (ONLY!).
Any ideas how to get a Feb 2008 Awake! in pdf? e81b93622d0233c3cc560f6e13bafd0d.jpg&key=cdb0cb0e1cf5ef331bbd09fa68db912beb72ddd045f43f28d3431365dccec71b

Older {waiting for wiser}

It has not been made available as a pdf. This is not an error.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

My Tablet updated the Study Bible. But there wasn't one available on my mobile. 

I know last weekend l updated the JW Library on my Windows laptop. 

Hebrews 10:25 …. encouraging one another...even more as you see the day drawing near.

14 hours ago, jwhess said:

My Android is now showing     10.6.30303

My windows is  now showing  10.6.27886

My Ipad only shows version     10.6 --------

10.6.1 available since yesterday on iOS

5A83C630-FA47-4F2D-A995-8FBA8C805F7B.jpeg.71e763f40dace77be9a666e2da942bc7.jpeg

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Mine is also updated to 10.6.30307

It also includes both new publications, the January MWM Workbook and the 2019 Daily Text (Examining book)

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brother Arellano said:

Had a very small iOS update ( iPhone only ) today as well. 

Still 10.6.2

It feels a little more responsive on iPad.

😊

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

• 2 months later...

Do we have a wish list for JWLibrary changes?

I would like the magazine mp3s included in the Media > Audio section so you can listen to them without streaming..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I suggested a update to so JW Library could be used to display third-party media at the Kingdom Hall, eg, pictures for public talks.

My idea was that elders and servants could log on to jw.org.  A new page would allow you to enter the date and congregation where you giving the talk.  You upload your pictures to the site.

The JW Library app from the Kingdom Hall logs on to the congregation account, and downloads the extra media.

The branch and c.o's could also use it for local needs videos etc. 

It would save the need for extra software, and less training, and the need for usb sticks, the possible passing of malware.

It could also enter a special "kingdom hall" mode, where it automatically downloads in the background the videos and publications needed for upcoming meetings.

21 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

I suggested a update to so JW Library could be used to display third-party media at the Kingdom Hall, eg, pictures for public talks.

The JW Library app from the Kingdom Hall logs on to the congregation account, and downloads the extra media.

Mmmmm.... Sound like a good idea.

For us who don't have internet connectivity at the hall, we discovered a small app developed by the same developers as Soundbox.

Since Soundbox is no longer supported or kept going, they wrote a little app and called it Only-M

This is a simple Drag & Drop app and works well without interfering with the JW Library app second screen display. 

You'll find it on their website.

You may want to bookmark the new website, in case the old one goes away

https://www.soundboxsoftware.com/

Or visit the GitHub page if you want to get involved or report bugs or have suggestions 

https://github.com/AntonyCorbett

OnlyM is a good app and fills a gap, for now at least.

While I'm here, I'll share a tip.  Only-M now includes a magnifier to enlarge and focus on parts of websites.  But if want, you can use the Windows built-in magnifier to do the same, but with anything, including JW Library.  You'll need to set up under Settings >  Ease of Access > Magnifier.  Scroll down to Change Magnifier View, and select Lens.  Also set up a size.  I use 30 and 20 which gives a square window.  To use press Win + Plus(+) together.  To stop it press Win + Esc.  Useful to focus on parts of pictures or when showing maps.

In case you are wondering why the author called his programs only?

The soundbox author broke down soundbox into its constituent parts so that they can be used to fill in the functionality that jwlibrary lacks.

(as explained by frankie wellman in his youtube video)

That's the reason for calling it only?.

onlym for media
onlyt for timer
onlyr for recording
OnlyV is new for creating bible verse images

The idea is that when JWLibrary has the feature then we can stop using each only? feature.