JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Hi everyone! Having a problem with the app on my Samsung Note 3 phone 5.0 ...  I just updated "What's New" and now the app stops each time I try to load the app. I pulled the battery..didn't help! My other Samsung phone has no issue..any ideas? :coffee:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

On 1/11/2019 at 4:37 PM, SUNRAY said:

Hi everyone! Having a problem with the app on my Samsung Note 3 phone 5.0 ...  I just updated "What's New" and now the app stops each time I try to load the app. I pulled the battery..didn't help! My other Samsung phone has no issue..any ideas? :coffee:

I solved the problem by moving the app to the external sd card...then I moved it back to device storage!!😃

cat2_e0.gif

Just now, SUNRAY said:

I solved the problem by moving the app to the external sd card...then I moved it back to device storage!!😃

That sounds like a handy little trick. Thx.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

That sounds like a handy little trick. Thx.

You are welcome Richard..Actually, my husband suggested I move the app to the sd card. I googled my problem and one solution was ro move the app. The screen goes black when I tap to go back to a publication, which is annoying..so I decided to try moving the app back to device..and it worked!!!😎

cat2_e0.gif

When playing the kingdom song lyrics video, it takes 6 to 10 secs before the lyrics appear on the video and we can start singing.

When is an appropriate time to start playing the video for the kingdom songs?

Is any convention adopted so that the soundbox brothers can start playing the song earlier to save a few seconds?

e.g. when chairman says "All rise and sing song..." then the lyrics video can be activated. This causes a problem if any further announcements are made by the chairman.

Or is the the usual practice to wait for a few seconds of silence before starting the lyrics video? (which means a longer wait for the audience)

In our Hall we start the song when the Brother who announces it is finished speaking - usually, when they step back from the mic. If there is any delay, it is not noticeable ... a "few seconds" (even 6 to 10) is NOT too long for the music with lyrics to begin.

This delay is highly influenced by the speed of the computer playing it.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

We use KHAudio (we have MAC computer).  The song is cued up and waiting by the software, all I have to do is hit play.  The screen blanks and the visuals come up with the title screen of the song.  How long it takes after that is built into the video.  From "push Play" until the title shows is about 2-3 seconds, followed by a second or two for the title to fade out and the first line of lyrics to appear (and simultaneously the music audio).

I noticed a strange thing in the JW Library app this morning (iOS - iPhone):

When I clicked onto "media" then "audio", there are the usual folders for different types of songs, and then at the bottom is a gray folder called "Other".  

Inside, there are a few original songs that I had already downloaded in audio-only format.

Anyone else notice this?  Seems redundant to me, but perhaps it's a feature that will later be used to incorporate custom images/videos?

When I clicked onto "media" then "audio", there are the usual folders for different types of songs, and then at the bottom is a gray folder called "Other".  

Inside, there are a few original songs that I had already downloaded in audio-only format.

Anyone else notice this?  Seems redundant to me, but perhaps it's a feature that will later be used to incorporate custom images/videos?

The folder has been there a while, but I’m sure the brothers are doing some work with the media, since many audio files have been updated this week, and some relegate to the Other folder.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, LRJW said:

I noticed this also. 

52 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

The folder has been there a while, but I’m sure the brothers are doing some work with the media, since many audio files have been updated this week, and some relegate to the Other folder.

What could be the reason for updating the audio files? Just categorizing them or re-recording them?

• 1 month later...
What could be the reason for updating the audio files? Just categorizing them or re-recording them?

Sometimes it is because or a re-editing, sometimes parts or all of it has been recorded anew. Or, sometimes it is just a matter of categorising them slightly differently, as you mentioned.
Update to Kingdom Interlinear available.

spacer.png

Have you spotted the differences yet?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

4 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Sometimes it is because or a re-editing, sometimes parts or all of it has been recorded anew. Or, sometimes it is just a matter of categorising them slightly differently, as you mentioned.

I think they changed the spelling of one of the Greek words....just kidding....😎

I looked at the days text on the Watchtower Online Library about an hour ago, and I still have my browser window open from then - it has the daily text button on the tab like usual.

1799829193_Screenshot2019-03-1115_33_28.thumb.png.f165abe78284e0613c60fb98571401e5.png

Katty told me that it had changed to meetings, and when I look at it in a new tab now, it does indeed have a new menu button, reflecting the fact that the daily text tab has contained more than just the daily text for quite a while now.

772125139_Screenshot2019-03-1115_33_33.thumb.png.ba042721f45c76ada2338230493eefd1.png

10 hours ago, Thesauron said:

No. And it’s not available as a PDF so an automated comparison is not possible, methinks.

What have you spotted? 🙂

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Has 1 Cor intro video showed up JW library app for you guys?  I'm scratching my head, having tried various ways to get it to download to the Bible.  I've downloaded it separately as media.  Even deleted app and re-downloaded everything.  Turned tablet off/on.  It's an ipad mini, so little on the old side now.  Any ideas?

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Has 1 Cor intro video showed up JW library app for you guys?  I'm scratching my head, having tried various ways to get it to download to the Bible.  I've downloaded it separately as media.  Even deleted app and re-downloaded everything.  Turned tablet off/on.  It's an ipad mini, so little on the old side now.  Any ideas?

The introduction video usually shows up along with the Study Notes. 1 Corinthians doesn't have it's Study Notes yet. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D