JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Any word on when there will be a jw.org app for foreign language work? I am serving in the Tagalog circuit.[/quote

Not sure. Right now, the slave is focused on using jw.org in the ministry. Maybe later.

Actually, that is what I am focused on as well. Our ministry is in Tagalog. It is a mistake to assume the ministry is only conducted in English. (speaking as an English speaking brother reaching out in the foreign language field.)

I think I've got it, but I would still like to have some of the tech savy confirm this:    ... I hope this is not the ultimate dumb question, but if I have APPS like Documents, JWLibrary and Equipd and I have videos and/or books stored on Those Apps, am I using up space on my Device? ... or since they are stored in the APP,  am I'm not using up space on my device? ... I've always been confused about how this works. Please help me understand this better, thank you.  (My concern is my iPhone 4 is only an 8)

Funny how we can be happy with whatever we have until something better presents itself.

To be fair, the ones I speak of didn't use the bible or any non-large-print publications at all during meetings, because squinting at the pages (even in the reference bible) caused headaches and distracted them too much from the meeting. For one, the app was the first time she had a bible for the meeting in nearly a decade.

I think I've got it, but I would still like to have some of the tech savy confirm this:    ... I hope this is not the ultimate dumb question, but if I have APPS like Documents, JWLibrary and Equipd and I have videos and/or books stored on Those Apps, am I using up space on my Device? ... or since they are stored in the APP,  am I'm not using up space on my device? ... I've always been confused about how this works. Please help me understand this better, thank you.  (My concern is my iPhone 4 is only an 8)

I'm not sure I understand your question completely, but ANY data that you download to your device, whether documents, videos pictures, etc, take up space on your device. It doesn't matter if it's in a file or stored within the applications, it still takes up memory space. Some apps stores it's data on the "cloud" which is on a server somewhere on the Internet. This data does not take up memory space on your device. Also, if you have an external SD card installed and use it for data, that also does not take up memory space on the main device (phoen or tablet)

I hope this helps.

I'd rather of waited for the completed version! (Sorry, that's just me - rather have it all at once rather than bits and pieces) Then it's a BIG gift from Jehovah!

One of the problems with software developers out there is that there are so many different kinds of devices that it is difficult to program something that works the way it should for everybody. To overcome this programmers put their programs/APPs out there a little bit at a time and make sure each part or update works for everybody and their devices. It is in this way that we the users are contributing in the development of the App. For JW Library, if you want to wait until it is 100% complete, check back, say a few years after the end of the 1000 year reign.  :)

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I had to update my JW Library app manually for my Nook, but I've bee having issues with the tablet lately. 

I don't mind not being able to study through the app.  I use MoonReader for my studying just fine.  I am eagerly looking forward to downloading the magazines through the JW Library app, however.  I wish that would come now, now, NOW!

One of the problems with software developers out there is that there are so many different kinds of devices that it is difficult to program something that works the way it should for everybody. To overcome this programmers put their programs/APPs out there a little bit at a time and make sure each part or update works for everybody and their devices. It is in this way that we the users are contributing in the development of the App. For JW Library, if you want to wait until it is 100% complete, check back, say a few years after the end of the 1000 year reign.  :)

LOL!

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure I understand your question completely, but ANY data that you download to your device, whether documents, videos pictures, etc, take up space on your device. It doesn't matter if it's in a file or stored within the applications, it still takes up memory space. Some apps stores it's data on the "cloud" which is on a server somewhere on the Internet. This data does not take up memory space on your device. Also, if you have an external SD card installed and use it for data, that also does not take up memory space on the main device (phoen or tablet)

I hope this helps.

Thank you Chuck. With all the new updates to .org and wol   I'm sure a team is working hard to give us an AIO JW Library app to satisfy many of our needs. Since the RNWT was last years           AM present, maybe that will be this years present - along with RNWT Audio.           

Hope many of Equipd ideas are included. 

Edited by timpin

Just a year ago we were all worries about why we couldnt get bibles. We soon got the answer.

Now things have changed with various 3rd part programs used to assist our personal study. Whats going on? I hope we have the answer with the AGM.

Hartley

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

What's going on? A whole bunch! Jehovah's organization is advancing at ever increasing pace. If anything, it will be hard for us to keep up!

At this week's service meeting I commented how jw.org had been available in 682 languages last week and that night it was 697. That was three days ago. Now it is 699.

We are doing cart work at our local college, Washington State ferry terminal, shopping center and grocery stores. Average service hours are climbing as are studies. The reaction householders have to seeing our videos on tablets has been incredible.

Yes, I'd say Jehovah has things well under control.

Windows 8.1 version has been updated, and now has caught up with the others - now has videos

Could you elaborate. I wasnt aware JW Library was avalable for windows.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

More specifically Windows 8.1 :D  No longer updated for the original 8.0.  Doesn't seem that Windows Phone has received the update yet.

What's going on? A whole bunch! Jehovah's organization is advancing at ever increasing pace. If anything, it will be hard for us to keep up!

At this week's service meeting I commented how jw.org had been available in 682 languages last week and that night it was 697. That was three days ago. Now it is 699.

We are doing cart work at our local college, Washington State ferry terminal, shopping center and grocery stores. Average service hours are climbing as are studies. The reaction householders have to seeing our videos on tablets has been incredible.

Yes, I'd say Jehovah has things well under control.

Be Patient, Be Eager!

I think this app will eventually become the offline library we have been waiting for, with note taking capabilities, and be amazingly small in size.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you download other publications from jw.org and read them on the app? Or can you only use the publications and videos provided?

You can only use the ones in the up - until they update the app with more literature.
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....