JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

We have a soccer thread so I started this. :)

I used to love running and would come home from work and do my usual 4.25 mile route about 3 times a week just because I was bored. I never really jogged. I would tell myself to take it easy but tried to beat my p.b. almost every time!. It was a hilly route and I got it down to 25m 14s. Just about managed to not throw up!

But I think my best run was a road race one Sunday morning. If was pouring down and I realised part way through that that was to my advantage. I hadn’t realised that I must have been overheating all the time. It was 10km (6.2miles) and about 4 miles in I just started getting faster and faster. I overtook dozens of people and timed it perfectly, estimating the distance left. I even managed a sprint finish at 37m 10s. Then could hardly see for a couple of minutes because of the sweat burning my eyes!

I was too short really, and was also going to gym bulking up for a powerlifting competition. If I had remained single I would have probably stuck to the running and aimed for the London Marathon. But for now it’s the Race for Life! :)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Don’t think I could have done that. Crawled the second one maybe.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

2 minutes ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

Don’t think I could have done that. Crawled the second one maybe.

When I was young I was a part of professional sports club and representing a state in certain discipline (don’t ask me which one ..please LOL) Running was part of vigorous training that I had to do to stay in form.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, Gregexplore said:

When I was young I was a part of professional sports club and representing a state in certain discipline (don’t ask me which one ..please LOL) Running was part of vigorous training that I had to do to stay in form.

Yeah, you look like a boxer....:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I once read that to beat the 5km world record requires running two 4 minute miles. :o

I suppose decathletes etc would have among the best all round fitness.

2 minutes ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

I once read that to beat the 5km world record requires running two 4 minute miles. :o

I suppose decathletes etc would have among the best all round fitness.

And the runner can’t wear a beard .. too much friction LOL :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Just got home from a 50 min run in the gym. I am trying to get back in shape... Managed to get 7.5km today, at one point i got up to 190 strides/min for about 3 min, the heart rate was through the roof :D

During my best days, i was running more than 4 days per week, preparing for long runs... Half-marathon for example. Which i did run few years ago. Nothing in life is the same after you prepare for, and run half-marathon or a marathon.

half-marathon.png.854eb888f0aea46d8a63182851e1e25e.png