JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Disposable Plates and Forks

Disposable Plates and Forks  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you use "disposable" eatware (you know - paper plates, plastic forks, paper/styro cups)

• Regular basis - all the time - for every meal
    • On special occasions (like a party or while watching sports on TV)
    • Only when we must (power outage, etc)
    • Only at a gathering where they are offered (gettogether, wedding reception, etc)
    • NEVER!

When the power was out for a week after the storm and we had no power, we used paper/styro plates and plastic flatware. We have some left over and we still use them when we don't feel like "making a mess"

I just wondered, how about others. How often do you use them - thus the poll

Of course, feel free to discuss the subject AND join in the poll

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I chose the 'all the time' option but that isn't exactly correct.  I try to use them all the time but we don't use them for every meal. 

I dislike cooking,  feel the same about cleaning up after the meal.

To me, the time involved in that whole process is , I don't know the right word. I feel that time is wasted doing all that work for the 5 minutes it takes me to eat.

I would rather go to McDonald's for a burger and fries than to take the time to fix something for lunch. ..

No muss, no fuss---

19 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

I chose the 'all the time' option but that isn't exactly correct.  I try to use them all the time but we don't use them for every meal. 

I dislike cooking,  feel the same about cleaning up after the meal.

To me, the time involved in that whole process is , I don't know the right word. I feel that time is wasted doing all that work for the 5 minutes it takes me to eat.

I would rather go to McDonald's for a burger and fries than to take the time to fix something for lunch. ..

No muss, no fuss---

I'd rather fix a sandwich than get fast food, I haven't bought any fast food in a long time.

With that said, I use a paper plate at least once or twice every day. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

19 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

I got used to eating on the road, on the run...

It is just easier to take a minute to drive through than the time and efforts to make something. 

Besides,  I'm helping the economy and keeping people employed. .

Well, you are what you eat. Whopper...:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

45 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I'd rather fix a sandwich than get fast food, I haven't bought any fast food in a long time.

With that said, I use a paper plate at least once or twice every day. 

Do you wipe it off between uses? Does the plate show signs of wear?? ^_^

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

7 minutes ago, Old said:

Do you wipe it off between uses? Does the plate show signs of wear?? ^_^

I let the cats lick it clean, why?

40 minutes ago, redvet said:

We use them often, several times a week, they're convenient and we lead such busy lives aint nobody got time to be washing dishes everyday, 3-3times a day, lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Now we're talking! ---

It's also a frugal thing. My  'cost -v- return ' gene gets bent if I think too hard about the electricity and the gas used, not to mention the human efforts involved, in cooking and then cleaning as opposed to the  $00.02 paper plate.

It's microwave and toaster ovens for me, if there is something I can make that way, otherwise I just don't eat....

I get  'counseled' for that:lol1::coffee:..

22 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

For sure...it's a term of endearment,  isn't it? 

Yes, I am sure it brings a smile to her face, like in "Say Cheese..."

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Ho boy! I knew this would be made known publicly. I can't eat with anything but a clear plastic fork knife and soup spoon. I would rather eat with a black or white plastic cutlery than a silver one. I have not eaten with silverware in...decades :wacko:. When I visit family for meals I always know my place because where everyone has silverware there is my place setting with clear plastics. Bon appetit!

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

I try not to use disposable such things as they are a burden on nature. Restaurants who use only disposable cutlery, such as sticks, knives or forks, will not get another visit from me. Paper plats? Not if I can help it. They are disgusting to eat from.

Edited by Thesauron

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

37 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Restaurants who use only disposable cutlery, such as sticks, knives or forks, will not get another visit from me. Paper plats? Not if I can help it.

Did you vote in the poll? I don't see any "Never" votes ....

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

43 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Did you vote in the poll? I don't see any "Never" votes ....

Because Never would be lying. If someone is having a gathering with disposable cutlery, I will use them, but if there’s a choice, I do not. Food should not be eaten off of paper plates, and if I can help it, I do not.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Grumpy does the shopping and he likes eating on paper plates almost for everything. I personally don't, so if we are eating finger foods, I use the paper plate. But I really prefer real plates. Since I do the dishes, it's the real stuff for me. We don't use the plastic spoons etc though. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.