JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Your BOTTOM 10 Foodlist

2 hours ago, Thesauron said:

What’s the German way?

Hummus?

Chopped very small and boiled with Kassler which is a piece of smoked pork loin. The whole thing is served with potatoes and sausage and looks like this :

https://www.thespruce.com/gruenkohl-pinkel-kale-kale-sausage-recipe-1447074

And I don't like Hummus either :-) only on a Falafel Sandwich. 

1. Tomatoes (raw/fresh)

2.  Green beans from a can, I can tolerate fresh picked ones

3. Lobster (allergic)

4. Crab (allergic)

5. Mollusks

6. Most fish

7. Bison meat

8. Any food I haven't yet tried before.    

9. Any food which has a weird texture

10. Any food that smells bad

When I go to a restaurant, I order the same thing each time.  If I haven't eaten a food before, and its being served to me, and I have to eat some because its the polite thing to do, it also needs to pass the texture and smell test.  I will thank my host, and try small amounts, which I can discreetly spit into a napkin.  Or hold in my mouth, so I may excuse myself to the bathroom to spit out.  

As a child, I once ate cheese sandwiches for lunch for 2 years.  I would not eat anything else.  

I don't consider myself fussy with food .. though I draw the line at insects and tarantulas.  Not that I've ever tried spiders but being an arachnaphobe just the thought of spiders makes my skin crawl so the idea of putting one on the end of an eating implement and putting it near  my mouth ... I can't go on!!!!!

My list, in no particular order except maybe the first 2:

Liver - sorry John. LOL I've always hated it since I was a child.

Tripe - another disgusting thing that my mother used to make me eat. Strangely enough I enjoy kidneys and brains and I don't mind heart or tongue when they're cooked properly.

Broad beans aren't my fave veg

Tuna - too strong

Barramundi - too strong but is really good in homemade fishcakes

Chickpeas - no I don't like them in any form, Mediterranean or otherwise

Black treacle

Horse, crocodile, emu, kangaroo - I have actually only tried horse which I wasn't impressed with but the others really don't appeal so I have no intention of trying them.

Paw-paw - I've only had it once and I don't know if there was something wrong with it but it was awful, so never again.

Any milk that isn't dairy, especially soy.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1. Eggs (unless scrambled)

2. Bananas (Sometimes I eat them.)

3. Papaya 

4. Crab meat

5. Oatmeal (but I'm trying to like it)

6. Pork that smells strongly of pork

7. Mushrooms-sometimes they're good but since I got sick once after eating them in a meal, I don't like them much.

8. Peanut flavored entrees- same reason as above.

9. Don't care for pie crust

10. Box mix mashed potatoes

11. Pork and beans-too sweet!

I feel sorry for most of you...I like most of the things that are listed in this topic.

Liver, caviar, hummus, seafood, mmmm..

However, I don't like spicy foods and I'm not usually interested in eggs or eggplant. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Chopped very small and boiled with Kassler which is a piece of smoked pork loin. The whole thing is served with potatoes and sausage and looks like this :

https://www.thespruce.com/gruenkohl-pinkel-kale-kale-sausage-recipe-1447074

And I don't like Hummus either :-) only on a Falafel Sandwich. 

But you eat falafel (which is made mostly out of chickpeas)?

Any day now...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1. Tomatoes (raw/fresh)
2.  Green beans from a can, I can tolerate fresh picked ones
3. Lobster (allergic)
4. Crab (allergic)
5. Mollusks
6. Most fish
7. Bison meat
8. Any food I haven't yet tried before.    
9. Any food which has a weird texture
10. Any food that smells bad

When I go to a restaurant, I order the same thing each time.  If I haven't eaten a food before, and its being served to me, and I have to eat some because its the polite thing to do, it also needs to pass the texture and smell test.  I will thank my host, and try small amounts, which I can discreetly spit into a napkin.  Or hold in my mouth, so I may excuse myself to the bathroom to spit out.  

As a child, I once ate cheese sandwiches for lunch for 2 years.  I would not eat anything else.  

How is that not rude? How would you feel if your guests saved your food in their mouths just so that they could spit it out later?

Any day now...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

13 hours ago, Precision said:

Have you ever tried Hummus Mediterranean style ?  Just fresh pita bread with hummus, tabouli and fresh squeezed lemon ?

Yes, I occasionally enjoy that as a special starter but some people buy pots of them and they just get thrown out. And Falafel are fried, that's different haha. 

I also forgot I don't like beetroot! 

Edited by thegreenjudy

4 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

If a guest did that to me, it would make me sad and not inclined to do much for them again.

Any day now...

Understandable, which is why I wouldn't want to make a big fuss of it in the first place.  It's not the lack of appreciation, its just I have issues with certain foods.  I would prefer my guest let me know their likes/dislikes ahead of time, and then I could prepare something that I know they do like, but that isn't always possible.  As well, during the meal if they didn't like it, I'd hope they'd feel comfortable enough to say so.  This way I could say,  lets find something together.  

Understandable, which is why I wouldn't want to make a big fuss of it in the first place.  It's not the lack of appreciation, its just I have issues with certain foods.  I would prefer my guest let me know their likes/dislikes ahead of time, and then I could prepare something that I know they do like, but that isn't always possible.  As well, during the meal if they didn't like it, I'd hope they'd feel comfortable enough to say so.  This way I could say,  lets find something together.  

I don’t do that at all. I cook what I like, and share it with my guests. There’s no special foods unless they’re deadly allergic to something. When I eat at their house, I expect them to cook what they like, not according to my preferences.

Any day now...

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, cerebral ecstasy said:

I would prefer my guest let me know their likes/dislikes ahead of time, and then I could prepare something that I know they do like, but that isn't always possible.  As well, during the meal if they didn't like it, I'd hope they'd feel comfortable enough to say so.  This way I could say,  lets find something together.  

Many years ago we were invited to dinner and the host asked if there was anything that we did not like. At the time I couldn't stand sweet potatoes due to an unpleasant experience I had as a child. The hostess made sweet potato pie as a joke, fortunately I love pumpkin pie and I loved the sweet potato pie. I'm just glad I didn't have a medical reason for not eating sweet potatos at the time.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

51 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Many years ago we were invited to dinner and the host asked if there was anything that we did not like. At the time I couldn't stand sweet potatoes due to an unpleasant experience I had as a child. The hostess made sweet potato pie as a joke, fortunately I love pumpkin pie and I loved the sweet potato pie. I'm just glad I didn't have a medical reason for not eating sweet potatos at the time.

Too funny, I'm glad you had a better experience with it and no medical reasons too. 

I think a lot of my food aversions stem from bad childhood experiences as well.  I didn't want to fill up the page, because its a cute thread about things we don't really like but in our house if we didn't eat things, we'd be hit, screamed at and force fed the item.  I still recall several incidents of this with absolute clarity, stewed tomatoes, green beans and milk still hold these memories.   

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

14 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I feel sorry for most of you...I like most of the things that are listed in this topic.

Liver, caviar, hummus, seafood, mmmm..

However, I don't like spicy foods and I'm not usually interested in eggs or eggplant. 

Isn't that interesting how different tastes can be? I loooove spicy food and eggplant - but have to admit not many people and restaurants can cook it well. It's often undercooked and rubbery. 

I am often surprised why people put up with the bland food in the UK. Coming from mainland Europe and being exposed to so many different cuisines I am very adventurous with my food and love to try new things. When my husband told me that his favourite childhood food was spaghetti hoops on toast I nearly lost the will to live :lol:

On the other hand Britain is very multi-cultural and has a lot of restaurants that serve the most delicious food if you know where to look - way more choice than my home town in Germany.