JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

St Helena gets an airport!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2354 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This little volcanic island has a population of 4000 and around 122 publishers. A ratio of 1 to 33! (2016 yearbook)

How will the opening of an airport affect the ministry I wonder. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41646449

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I've always been fascinated by St Helena. This is the place on Earth  with the highest ratio of Witnesses to general population.

With 1 Witness for every 30 people, everyone on the island knows a Witness.  Odds are every brother or sister works with at least one fellow believer.    You probably see a Witness every day.  

Studying our yearly results, St. Helena has had the closest ratio of Witnesses per population for some years.  Before that it was Guadeloupe.  At that time I remember reading a letter from a brother in Guadeloupe that if you got a RV, it was already someone else's call. Such a problem.  Back to St. Helena, it was the place of Napoleon Bonaparte's second exile Many think  it was Elba, which was his first exile. He died in St. Helena. I remember seeing a popular picture of Napoleon Bonaparte with his hand tucked into his vest and in my imagination (I know, too active) I can picture Napoleon, if eligible for resurrection, in that same portrait position, but pulling out a Watchtower.  

49 minutes ago, kejedo said:

I can picture Napoleon, if eligible for resurrection, in that same portrait position, but pulling out a Watchtower.  

:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D