JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting November Edition of 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2346 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

Let's take the leap....into November! :D

It's just around the corner...

(Who didn't see that coming? :))

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Thought you were going to sing then Brother Jonathan ... remember the song "Try to remember deep in December ... or was it one of the other 11 months?

Hoping for updates from the AM on the broadcast.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I guess it might be nice to post the link

https://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwb&issue=201711

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

16 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

I wonder if there will be more information about recent changes to our ministry? (reduced number of magazines) 

Depends on if the AM goes up first, I reckon. There'll be a summary, but they may save that for December, given the changes in the arrangement start next year.

Keep in mind the broadcasts are made about 3 months in advance.

Of course, the GB might have known about these changes for years, and would hence have the time to put together a program discussing the changes.

Any day now...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

7 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Of course, the GB might have known about these changes for years, and would hence have the time to put together a program discussing the changes.

Any day now...

Which would involve the whole production crew knowing in advance the change.  Possible, but I don't think so. We will see.

Which would involve the whole production crew knowing in advance the change.  Possible, but I don't think so. We will see.

Oh, I’m sure the translation teams have been hard at work on the new book for some time. They’ve also worked on the magazines together with the printeries that are going to print them. The letters that were sent out after the AM were translated by various teams well in advance. Not to mention the writer as well as other production staff.

Any day now...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

4 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

I suspect that happens a lot. When the new Midweek meeting format was announced there was a video about it.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Keep in mind the broadcasts are made about 3 months in advance.

Parts of it can be edited if required. 

But yes they are made 3 months in advance so the question is:

Did GB plan reducing magazines 3-5  months ago or  decision was made on the spot prior to Annual Meeting?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Excuse the terrible sentence pls, need coffee!

With regard to ‘decisions made a long time’ v ‘decisions made very recently’, I was going through my audio recordings of the announcements made at mid-week meetings and noticed that the “request your yearbooks etc” letter was read in August. (Yearbooks now being discontinued.) In our congregation anyway.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13