JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting November Edition of 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2343 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

19 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

Parts of it can be edited if required. 

But yes they are made 3 months in advance so the question is:

Did GB plan reducing magazines 3-5  months ago or  decision was made on the spot prior to Annual Meeting?

Or the question is will there be any mention of the changes in the November broadcast.

Did the November broadcast mention the change to the midweek meeting format after that annual meeting?

It was November 4th
I last held your hand
It seemed our time would last forever
You said don't ever leave
I thought you'd never go
I wish I could just remember your name...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_ITDg8hIw

12 hours ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

With regard to ‘decisions made a long time’ v ‘decisions made very recently’, I was going through my audio recordings of the announcements made at mid-week meetings and noticed that the “request your yearbooks etc” letter was read in August. (Yearbooks now being discontinued.) In our congregation anyway.

My recent notice of "pending" items (back-ordered) still showed the Yearbooks.  But today the update has removed them.

Decisions made by the Governing Body are not made in haste or in some whim. They are very often years in the making. A Morning Worship by Brother Splane explained how the Governing Body often do 'fleece tests' with the changes, making a smaller adjustment first and seeing if Jehovah will bless the arrangement. I suspect the 'fleece test' in regard to the magazines was when they changed to only one magazine per month from January 2016. The change to only 3 WTs and 3 Awakes a year, with the probability that there will be no more new issues after 2019, was likely the long-term plan all along.

Just because a letter to the congregations not that long ago mentioned to put in requests for Yearbooks doesn't mean the discontinuation of the Yearbook happened overnight, either. The Governing Body sometimes chooses to reveal information at certain special times. It is not that hard for the branch to cancel all requests for a specific publication for all congregations. They have to do that each time a new publication that replaces an older one comes out e.g. Bible Stories book/Learn From the Bible book.

At any rate, a lot of time and prayer would no doubt have gone into making these changes. So it is within the realm of possibility that they may mention the changes during the November broadcast. As others have commented, there are definitely quite a number of people other than the Governing Body who are aware of major changes before they are announced. In my personal opinion, though, I doubt they'll discuss it given that the annual meeting isn't even online yet.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:10 PM, jscotchie said:

Decisions made by the Governing Body are not made in haste or in some whim. They are very often years in the making. A Morning Worship by Brother Splane explained how the Governing Body often do 'fleece tests' with the changes, making a smaller adjustment first and seeing if Jehovah will bless the arrangement. I suspect the 'fleece test' in regard to the magazines was when they changed to only one magazine per month from January 2016. The change to only 3 WTs and 3 Awakes a year, with the probability that there will be no more new issues after 2019, was likely the long-term plan all along.

Just because a letter to the congregations not that long ago mentioned to put in requests for Yearbooks doesn't mean the discontinuation of the Yearbook happened overnight, either. The Governing Body sometimes chooses to reveal information at certain special times. It is not that hard for the branch to cancel all requests for a specific publication for all congregations. They have to do that each time a new publication that replaces an older one comes out e.g. Bible Stories book/Learn From the Bible book.

At any rate, a lot of time and prayer would no doubt have gone into making these changes. So it is within the realm of possibility that they may mention the changes during the November broadcast. As others have commented, there are definitely quite a number of people other than the Governing Body who are aware of major changes before they are announced. In my personal opinion, though, I doubt they'll discuss it given that the annual meeting isn't even online yet.

Yeah, and by coincidence, they are implemented sometimes in rapid succession, so it may seem that they are coming one after another, when in reality, they were made years ago.

A video commented on this very issue as well: the bunker video during our 2016 Regional Convention. How do we react to change is very important.

• 2 weeks later...

What a lovely broadcast. I look forward to watching it in full English as it becomes available! Was sad nothing was mentioned about the annual meeting or the world headquarters dedication, but maybe we’ll have a whole new program dedicated to just that!

By the way I love the new song! :-)

its available in Italian now....

Edited by Jothob

Please download the watchtower magazine of January 2018

there is an explanation of the text of the year .

I found out that the assistants were asked not to upload anything of the program to the internet, and the brothers were very obedient.

But one or another dismissed raised confidential information of the School of the Ministry for the elders it is a pity that there are still brothers who violate the permissions they have when they have an account in the site jw.org

1 hour ago, Roberto Flores said:

Please download the watchtower magazine of January 2018

there is an explanation of the text of the year .

I found out that the assistants were asked not to upload anything of the program to the internet, and the brothers were very obedient.

But one or another dismissed raised confidential information of the School of the Ministry for the elders it is a pity that there are still brothers who violate the permissions they have when they have an account in the site jw.org

Is this related to the Broadcasting? 

7 hours ago, Jothob said:

By the way I love the new song! :-)

2 hours ago, momma said:

Love the new song. Had to listen to it several times.   Just love it 

Me too! I'm still listening, and I don't want to stop!

Inspired by Your Wonders is in mp3 format in my small song collection.