JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Black Plague

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2340 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

In Madagascar, the black plague has not really ever gone.  There are three or more types of black plague ... the bubonic plague which is the initial contact from fleas often carried on rats ... this results in terrifying lumps or bubels under the armpits or in the groins. Death is agonizing and usually happens within a few days of contracting the disease.  Madagascar has antibiotics to combat this in the early stages.

Now the scary, and interesting second part is when this progresses to the lungs it is then called the Pnuemonic Plague and this can be transferred via coughing, in other words airborne. It is this exact plague that took out five million people in London in the 1300's.   They have dug up corpses who died in London of the PP and taken the DNA of the plague from the teeth of the victims and compared it with the current plague in Madagascar - they are identical. There are articles floating in the internet (one of many below) that tell us there are nine - eleven countries on alert:

Kenya, Tanzania, Madagascar, Mozambique, Seychelles, Mauritius, Reunion and a few more because it has spread from Madagascar - which could only mean the Pnuemonic plague, a stage past the Bubonic. 

This is making a few headlines worldwide but not as many as I would have expected. Are they downplaying this? Or is it not the issue that many are making it out to be? Or are they past the point of no return so see no point?  The potential of this, especially antibiotic resistant strains which some are claiming to be around - is horrendous. Should this be taken more seriously or is it a storm in a teacup?

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2017/10/black-death-plague-emerges-in-madagascar-kills-124.html

This shorter video below reveals a third type of black plague - septic one.  (For those who don't want to spend lotsa time looking at the one above)

I have to say one of the contributing factors to those exumed in England was malnutrition ... which I thought to be interesting and raises my fears for many of the African countries. 

https://youtu.be/zHtk88tQ7xM

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Strange as it may seem there are few places on earth that are free from bubonic plague. Every year or so we have a case in Oregon. Local fleas get it from local rodents. There were some 15 cases in the US last year or so, but no deaths. It is easily treatable with antibiotics when discovered early. In third world countries not so much.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

even in the states the national parks have signs about the rodents and chipmunks to stay away from them..... been awhile but i thought it was about the plague as a possibility....

from some research i did in highschool.  how you get infected effects your chances of survival.  skin contact/ mucus membrane/ and inhalation... i think back in history if you inhaled it it was a 90% death rate.

Bubonic yes, pnumonic no. It's treatable because bubonic has to have contact from fleas and is not transferred from person to person. Pnumonic is different although from the same initial strain. The bubonic is not the one that killed the 5 Mil in London. Although it killed many as the antibiotics weren't available. 

Once its airborne and Bubonic isn't airborne and a few strains become resistant to antibiotics which is the claim of some ... there will be problems how widespread I don't know.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

That would be the bubonic plaque and they have antibiotics for this.

I think my concern is for the African countries they go through so much yet so little make mainstream media it's very sad.

*Waves to her twin. xxx

1 hour ago, vern said:

the national parks have signs about the rodents and chipmunks to stay away from them.

The Grand Canyon is one that has warnings about the plague. The chipmunks are Not friendly there either.:nuke:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

So what is the difference between the black plague and the bubonic plague? (in my ignorance I thought they were the same thing because the bubonic plague caused black swellings under the armpits etc. . . ., or do I have my info mixed up?)

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Have a look at the short video in my initial link that explains it really well.

I only learnt this last night myself.

The Black Plague virus is carried, as we know via fleas that are carried on rodents and other animals (and that doesn't rule out domestic cats and dogs either).

If you think of the Flu virus - there are different strains within the heading 'flu' - vaccines may only cover certain strains of the flu virus and not others. (they don't always tell you that).

The Black Plague has certain strains too.

The Bubonic - which is direct contact with a  flea laden rodent/animal - this causes the bubels along the lymphatic system.

Then there is Pnunomic plaque which is the same virus but is contained in the lungs - not the lymphatic system - which means it can be spread by coughing/sneezing ... and it is this strain that is airborne. That's why it spread really quickly from Asia - Europe - England in the 1300's.  All strains do have antibiotics freely available (if you are in the right country) unless the strain mutates or becomes resistant to the antibiotics which is what is happening. This is the scary part.

Edited by Stormswift

Wow, they all sound so nasty!  Can you imagine not talking about disease or illness EVER AGAIN!  Will we even remember some of this stuff at the end of the 1000 years?  I doubt many born into the new system will even conceive the concept of the "heart attack" - how does your heart attack you?  How does it just stop working all of a sudden?!! What the heck is cholesteral and plaque?

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D