JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Loving Vincent

Anyone seen it?

Reviews are mixed.  The story involves conspiracy and untruths.

But the palette is spectacular!

The vividness of Van Gogh's paintings come to life in this animated oil painted movie.

Trailer: 

My sister saw it and liked it very much.  Just suspend the truth and enjoy the look of it.  Plot may disappoint.  If you've seen it, let me know what you think.

I saw it a few weeks ago... it was magnificent!!!  The amount of work that went into making it is mind-boggling... and the story is good, too (sad but good).  Great voices... definitely worth a watch.  Van Gogh is one of my very favorite artists.  I loved it.

Edited by Hope

I've always felt sad that magnificent artists, inventors, et. were not honored and recompensed for their work while they were still alive. Many lived and died in poverty and unrecognized during their lifetime..

But fortunately, in the resurrection they will learn how much their contributions were loved and appreciated throughout the world..:)

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Brother Chuck Valorz once said that Vincent Van Gogh was an artist because he didn't have a ear for music....:uhhuh:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I remember Bro. Valorz very well..he served our congregation.. formerly a radio disc jockey, very funny..:D Remember one time meeting for Service he was wanting to get a subscription so I gave him a call I had and told him that she would take one and he said, are you sure? I assured him she would and he told me later she did..:) but I was really hoping that I was right..you don't want to disappoint the CO :)

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Dove said:

I remember Bro. Valorz very well..he served our congregation.. formerly a radio disc jockey, very funny..:D 

He is a good Billiards and Snooker player too...:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 1 month later...

Thank you Lucy for bring attention to this movie. It's impressive the man hours, work  and attention to detail that went into producing it. The black and whites were amazing. I found the whole story to be quite charming. A true tribute to an artist who dedicated his life to art.

I've never been one to have an eye for art but I do appreciate and to some degree sentimentalize the work and effort that artists dedicate to their work.   For example, the Society sent a  brother to Africa. He brought  back a painting done by  brother there. When he went to sell his house he left the painting behind. It was such a nice painting , I couldn't stand to see it left so I was given permission to have it. It's in my living room now. Lol, come to think of it,  a print of a Monet regatta at Argenteuil and  a print of a Van Gogh Terrace of a Café  at Night  were also left behind that I had the liberty of having as well. I'm now glad I never let them be left behind.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah