JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Group chat

Are there are other groups from other users here?

If not, does anyone else have an interest in one.  I go on IRC sometimes to have interesting discussions with people but it'd be nicer to be able to chat with brothers and sisters.

If there aren't any, and there is some interest from at least a few here, I'd consider creating a free discord server for the private use of members from here.   I once made a Telegram group chat and passed the link around on another JW-only online group. Only got maybe 6-7 users join, and it was very quiet so eventually I closed it.  It was neat to see photos of others' conventions and assemblies from different countries though.

See what I mean? I met read, type, and compose and respond fast enough!  Plus since I work nights I am ready to talk in the wee hours which puts me at a different time from most of my US family but I would love to be better acquainted with my other side of the globe family! 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

On 11/9/2017 at 11:51 AM, Dages said:

I had the idea to create an official discord server for here but there is no real integration possible so it's difficult to check the real witnesses.

It's not difficult, just requires live moderation, but I think discord has a great number of tools to assist with that.  For instance, new users joining the discord can automatically be muted. I can volunteer time and energy on the chat, but as far as auto moderation (possibly using bots and rules), I'd have to look into more--not an expert on discord, but trying to become more of a power user. :superman: