JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Cooking of food

Adam and Eve  had all the good  they  needed  (fruit)

Jehovah  also  gave us  yams ..potatoes  and other such vegetables  that are usually  cooked .. so was it jehovah's intention  that we learn to cook  or eat them raw  as some of these are toxic eaten raw.

Jehovah  made all verity  od foods  for a reason  ..I can't imagine   the potatoes  or yams  were not   for man to use and don't know  of other animals  that eat them 

they probly didn't eat stuff from the ground.... If they were doing just fine with fruit and stuff with trees......  I would imagine they didn't innovate with thier diet till after they left the garden and had a hard time eating....

anywayz.... speculation i guess.

1 hour ago, Rozannnancarrow said:

Adam and Eve  had all the good  they  needed  (fruit)

Jehovah  also  gave us  yams ..potatoes  and other such vegetables  that are usually  cooked .. so was it jehovah's intention  that we learn to cook  or eat them raw  as some of these are toxic eaten raw.

Jehovah  made all verity  od foods  for a reason  ..I can't imagine   the potatoes  or yams  were not   for man to use and don't know  of other animals  that eat them 

A steady diet of fruit can be most disturbing to the alimentary canal. :crying:

I do not think we need to apply a narrow meaning when Jehovah said "I give you every seed-bearing plant that is on the entire earth and every tree with seed-bearing fruit. Let them serve as food for you." It seems that God gave man enough smarts to figure out that cooking enhanced the yam. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

There are a lot of 'seeded' fruit that are better eaten cooked - marrow, pumpkin and courgettes come to mind.   Jehovah has given us free will as you know, and this I think carries over to food and the ability to mix and match food according to each individual tastes. We forget sometimes Adam and Eve had just started out ... its so hard to work out what Jehovah intended food wise or any wise really because there was a detour put in place so early on. I can't see why we won't eat root veges or continue to cook our food...even nuts are lovely roasted.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Curious, what vegetation, trees or plants are there that are not seed based?

Even mushrooms have a version of a seed base to propagate. So all were provided for man, Okay.

The big question is when did he find out that he could season them with animal protein? :)

Oh, And how did they learn to soak and rinse cassava?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 hours ago, Old said:

Curious, what vegetation, trees or plants are there that are not seed based?

Even mushrooms have a version of a seed base to propagate. So all were provided for man, Okay.

The big question is when did he find out that he could season them with animal protein? :)

Oh, And how did they learn to soak and rinse cassava?

Cassave  was what I was thinking  of too as it is toxic  if not soaked a little ☺

6 hours ago, vern said:

logicly..... why dig in the ground for roots when you can just eat fruit off a tree thats sweet and tastes good.  lol

Because, the roots can taste just as good as the fruit from branches you can't reach without a ladder or climbing the tree

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 11/10/2017 at 3:30 PM, Old said:

..I can't imagine   the potatoes  or yams  were not   for man to use and don't know  of other animals  that eat them 

Just a side note to this discussion.  My daughter raises potatoes and they have to cover them with wire every year or the sandhill cranes with have them all dug up and eaten. They come every year to the feast.