JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New European Standard KH

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2338 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yes, many aspects of the Hall in the picture is standardised. Not the chairs and not the carpeted floor. But the platform and the colours are.

Any day now...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

3 hours ago, juliansan said:

As in the US, we will get standardised KH's in Europe. This is how one of the first finished KH looks:

BTW: It is not my picture.

Bild könnte enthalten: Personen, die sitzen und Innenbereich

How come there's a "shadow" of chairs facing the opposite direction in the picture? (Okay, I know it's not your picture.)

Those chairs look very uncomfortable.

Quite the contrary. Those chairs are very ergonomic.

Any day now...
Nice, but I like fabric (softer) chairs better 
Wooden chairs would be easier to maintain though. (No steam cleaning) 

These chairs do have fabric on them, though?

Any day now...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

58 minutes ago, bystander said:

Actually, they don't look bad.  If you do a simple search of kingdom halls in developing lands many images will come up where friends are having their meetings sitting on bamboo benches, sitting on concrete blocks or wooden benches.

In these last days and times, I'm grateful just to have soft material to plant my derrière. :D

42 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

Actually, they don't look bad.  If you do a simple search of kingdom halls in developing lands many images will come up where friends are having their meetings sitting on bamboo benches, sitting on concrete blocks or wooden benches.

In these last days and times, I'm grateful just to have soft material to plant my derrière. :D

Omoyeme,

What a nice comment sister! :thumbsup:

We like comfortable chairs while thousands of our brothers and sisters don’t have such cozy life but yet they loyalty serve Jehovah. 

The great tribulation is on its way. We might loose our “comfortable chairs” soon. Surely, GT will test the faith of each of us. 

1 hour ago, Omoyeme said:

derrière

2 minutes ago, RichardPNZ said:

I  can imagine it, Brother Greg, will you turn down your chair so others can hear.

Ecclesiastes says about time to be silent and time to enjoy massage ...or something along these lines LOL :lol1:

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, bystander said:

It did go through my mind that I don't know how long I could sit in those chairs for.  However, it doesn't really matter what the chairs are like, if you're uncomfortable or in pain you can always get up and stand at the back for a while.  That's what I have to do most meetings and we have very comfortable chairs. :)

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

• 2 weeks later...