JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Now On Earth" A Book By Thomas Walker

1 hour ago, Edi Winter said:

The Return of the Boy Angel. I always liked his character. Is it the same angel every time?

I'm going to say yes. Angels in this story are an interesting question, because there are a few of them, but they never get named; so it can always be the same one, or it could be a hundred of them. For all you know, half the supporting cast are Angels and none of the central players know it. :innocent:

Edited by Thomas Walker

5 hours ago, Musky said:

I don't think $3.00 is too much to ask for your time and talent. IMO

Good to know. :)

5 minutes ago, Dages said:

Incredible. As usual. Nice to see the Kindle edition in its way. :D

On that subject, there's one more question I'd like to outsource to everyone:

Amazon asks you to pick a category for the book. I had no idea what to do with Just See Yourself, so I followed the example of EK Jonathan, and listed it as an Alternative History.

But it's now a year later, and I wonder if I made a mistake. There is a category for 'Christian' or 'religious fiction'. Even 'futuristic'. Given that it's Bible based and set in the future, part of me thinks the series should go here.

The downside of that, of course, is that I get lumped in with all the other Christian Fiction that you see in the church-run bookstores.

I'm not really sure that it matters, since pretty much every denomination of Christianity is covered. Like it or not, for the moment we are one religion among many.

Any thoughts?

10 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

New Chapter Day!

We're coming up on the release date for the Kindle edition, and of course it will be put up free as well on the blog.

Paper version will take a bit longer, but we'll get there.

Is $3 (US) too much for the Kindle version? Kindle works on a 30% or 70% Royalty threshold. If you ask for 70%, you have to make it a minimum price of $3. I put Just See Yourself up for a dollar, originally, and got about twenty cents per copy sold. I'm hoping my fanbase is forgiving enough to go for the higher price; but at the same time I don't want to charge too high, given that my brothers and sisters are the target audience.

I will be happy to pay $3.00! 

One thing I have noticed with Kindle books is that often the first book in a series is offered for a very low price, or even for free. However, if you want to read the rest of the series, the subsequent books are more expensive. Nothing wrong with that! I personally like series. I like continuity. I compare a novel to a "blind date". You don't know if you're going to like it or the characters. However, a series is a commitment. You already know the characters and want to spend more time with them.

I will be happy to pay $3.00! 

One thing I have noticed with Kindle books is that often the first book in a series is offered for a very low price, or even for free. However, if you want to read the rest of the series, the subsequent books are more expensive. Nothing wrong with that! I personally like series. I like continuity. I compare a novel to a "blind date". You don't know if you're going to like it or the characters. However, a series is a commitment. You already know the characters and want to spend more time with them.

Anyway, this is just optional to show some support, the book will be available for free too.

We're coming up on the release date for the Kindle edition, and of course it will be put up free as well on the blog.

Even if you charged $5, I really don't think anyone who enjoys reading your books would complain. If $3 is the difference between you getting .20, .60 or 2.10, then that's a much nicer balance and actually starts looking meaningful, so long as enough people purchase it. It's just a matter of people's priorities, 'make sure of the more important things'. I'm on a fixed low income (disability/ssi) but have no trouble purchasing things like this time to time because I very strictly budget everything; I don't pay for car insurance/vehicle loan, don't eat at restaurants, use housing assistance/food stamps, etc. I'm sure many people would rather support you directly if that were possible, but like me go for the Amazon/Kindle version because it's simply the most comfortable and practical version to read. I can understand why you might not want a donation feature on your blog, although some people prefer to read it there first and want to donate once they decide that they enjoy it. Making the Kindle price closer to a 'suggested donation' makes sense in that aspect too.

Edited by Myew

3 hours ago, Myew said:

Even if you charged $5, I really don't think anyone who enjoys reading your books would complain. If $3 is the difference between you getting .20, .60 or 2.10, then that's a much nicer balance and actually starts looking meaningful, so long as enough people purchase it. It's just a matter of people's priorities, 'make sure of the more important things'. I'm on a fixed low income (disability/ssi) but have no trouble purchasing things like this time to time because I very strictly budget everything; I don't pay for car insurance/vehicle loan, don't eat at restaurants, use housing assistance/food stamps, etc. I'm sure many people would rather support you directly if that were possible, but like me go for the Amazon/Kindle version because it's simply the most comfortable and practical version to read. I can understand why you might not want a donation feature on your blog, although some people prefer to read it there first and want to donate once they decide that they enjoy it. Making the Kindle price closer to a 'suggested donation' makes sense in that aspect too.

I am willing to buy the new book, "Now On Earth" in paperback, I know it will be well worth the additional expense.

I thought I could be content with just electronic versions, but I love having the actual book to hold in your hands,

and flip through its pages. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

20 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

I love your ideas, each chapter has me anxiously waiting for more..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

New Chapter Day!

If you still need some help making up your mind on getting the complete book, feel free to take a look at the finished edition; with free downloads available now.

And Also, for those who have made up their mind, and wonder how they can keep me caffeinated, and support this series; well there are two ways to do it. Option One: Spread the word. Let others know about the series, and tell them hat you like about it. Option Two: The Kindle Edition is Done!

Still working on the paperback, but you'll hear it here first; I promise.

Edited by Thomas Walker

Just finished the new book.  I believe I will be smiling for weeks.

Thanks, again, for providing us all with a glimpse of what the near future may hold.

The effort you made to keep your amazing imagination in line with the Scriptures

is greatly appreciated.

Thanks also for all the time and effort it took to write and rewrite and type and

proof read and rewrite, just so you could share this encouraging,

and faith-strengthening novel with us.  ^_^

5a18e1aa2f235_ThankYouswingaroundsignpole.gif.88612a132010946e89f803d814bb87c4.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Well, thanks to you guys, I've made the Top 100 in Religious Sci-Fi. :innocent:

Top 36 in the 'Christian > Futuristic' category. A narrow niche to say the least, but some of those books are actually ones I've heard of. LOL.

Hey, spread the word. If I can make Top 20, it becomes a witness to people who are interested in this sort of thing.

The book was really good, once I have a regular keyboard I will discuss more about my comments above. I read through the entire book just now.  I quite enjoyed the dialogue, and it was a nice take on how you seen the future unfolding.  

I have to ask, who of the characters did you most closely identify with?

I also have another question I'm going to message you over.

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

I’ve especially enjoyed, first of all, JSY. Read it twice. Now, I am enjoying this book. It helps me to think more about the future, and how real it is. Just so many possibilities. I’m grabbing the paper back edition while it’s hot off the press! I’ve always loved books...thanks for sharing your talent with us brother, it means a lot. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

2 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

I’ve especially enjoyed, first of all, JSY. Read it twice. Now, I am enjoying this book. It helps me to think more about the future, and how real it is. Just so many possibilities. I’m grabbing the paper back edition while it’s hot off the press! I’ve always loved books...thanks for sharing your talent with us brother, it means a lot. 

Do you mean that you were able to get the paper back edition;  because I didn't see it on Amazon yet..only Kindle..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

6 minutes ago, Dove said:

Do you mean that you were able to get the paper back edition;  because I didn't see it on Amazon yet..only Kindle..

JSY? Yes. The new one, I’m waiting....waiting

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

6 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

JSY? Yes. The new one, I’m waiting....waiting

Oh, I thought we were talking about Now On Earth, sorry my mistake..I bought the Kindle version but would also like to have the paper back when it's available..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..