JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Huge Rise in Major Earthquakes Expected Next Year

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2326 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Quote :

This link is particularly important because Earth’s rotation began one of its periodic slowdowns more than four years ago. “The inference is clear,” said Bilham. “Next year we should see a significant increase in numbers of severe earthquakes. We have had it easy this year. So far we have only had about six severe earthquakes. We could easily have 20 a year starting in 2018.”

9 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

Ok I have my reservations to this dramatic scenario.

First of all earth rotation slows is based on hypothesis  def: proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

When hypothesis becomes a fact please let me know :)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Just now, Thomas Walker said:

"There will be great earthquakes in one place after another."

We kind of know this is going to happen anyway...

I did not mean that ...:nope:

I had in mind that many scientists want to be noticed and published and they are coming up with all these theories ... or hypo stuff. 

The question is this:

Is earth rotation slowing down a fact or a theory?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

20 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

I did not mean that ...:nope:

I had in mind that many scientists want to be noticed and published and they are coming up with all these theories ... or hypo stuff. 

The question is this:

Is earth rotation slowing down a fact or a theory?

Yes, the Earth's rotation would naturally slow down over time.  The effect would be minimal from our point of view.  Gravitational forces from the sun and moon would slow the Earth's rotation.  But Jehovah can take care of that.

I don't care about their hypotheses.  The interesting thing in that article to me was the part about the research.  A lot of people say that there is no difference in earthquakes now or in the past.  But this article stated something different about earthquakes above 7.0 on the moment magnitude scale.  They say that there has been an increase in large earthquakes.

"To make this prediction, Bilham and Bendick studied every earthquake since 1900 that recorded more than 7.0 on the moment magnitude scale. They found that approximately every 32 years, there is an uptick in these large quakes."

Edited by Witness1970

2 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

I am just trying to "calm" sensational news because Tortuga is already fainting LOL :zipmouth:

It's time to update my earthquake insurance policy :scared:

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Michael Janitch (Dutchsinse) has his own theory for the reason why large earthquake activity has been on the rise.

He believes that, below the earth's mantle, there is a molten ball of plasma.

When the scientists at CERN ( in Switzerland) finish smashing atoms together,  they discharge all the excess energy from their super particle collider, (which is equivalent to the energy released by thousands of nuclear blasts) into the ground.

That ginormous impulse of grounded electrical energy excites the earth's plasma core.

The  excited plasma expands upward and outward, strikes places where the tectonic plates are weakened, or fractured, and then this produces the deep (depths greater than 200 miles) earthquakes that produce the shallower, larger earthquakes that then spread out, following specific routes.

He came to this conclusion after noticing that an increase in global earthquake unrest just happens to coincide with when CERN's super collider has been in use.

My hypothesis is that earthquakes are increasing in one place after another because we are deep into the Last Days.  

Hypotheses are like belly buttons, everybody's got one.  ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

When the scientists at CERN ( in Switzerland) finish smashing atoms together,  they discharge all the excess energy from their super particle collider, (which is equivalent to the energy released by thousands of nuclear blasts) into the ground.

That ginormous impulse of grounded electrical energy excites the earth's plasma core.

The  excited plasma expands upward and outward, strikes places where the tectonic plates are weakened, or fractured, and then this produces the deep (depths greater than 200 miles) earthquakes that produce the shallower, larger earthquakes that then spread out, following specific routes.

He came to this conclusion after noticing that an increase in global earthquake unrest just happens to coincide with when CERN's super collider has been in use.

That sounds like a giant pinball machine...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

My hypothesis is that earthquakes are increasing in one place after another because we are deep into the Last Days.  

Hypotheses are like belly buttons, everybody's got one.  ^_^

In this case one hypothesis does not contradict the other.  Both could be true. 

The Bible merely states earthquakes will be great in the last days. It doesn't say why... 

Just now, Shawnster said:

The Bible merely states earthquakes will be great in the last days. It doesn't say why... 

Yup, i still dont understand the connection between earthquakes and the last days other than the prophecy.

3 hours ago, Shawnster said:

That was exactly the point I was trying, but apparently failed, to make. :D

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

That was exactly the point I was trying, but apparently failed, to make. default_biggrin.png
I was also thinking that with all the fracking going on all over the world there are more earthquakes in the past and in a place like Oklahoma for instance 3.2 1 a day is pretty nerve-wracking and that's a great problem for them

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, SheyZ said:

I was also thinking that with all the fracking going on all over the world there are more earthquakes in the past and in a place like Oklahoma for instance 3.2 1 a day is pretty nerve-wracking and that's a great problem for them

There have been several studies about how sucking he earth dry is causing quake increases. It would be a major point in the great question of Sovereignty if we could point and say that human activity has caused insane weather,  global war, economic collapse, and now record power quakes, all at the same time.

Earthquake Boy's theory for fracking causing earthquakes is that all those miles and miles of steel pipes sticking into the ground act like tuning forks

for pressure moving along the plates.    Similar to old magma chambers under extinct volcanoes.  Those magma chambers and pipes begin vibrating when

pressure is applied to them.  Micro-quakes at extinct or dormant volcanoes and at fracking sites is a sign of incoming pressure.

Oil and gas drilling along plate boundaries and underground nuclear bomb testing are definitely two ways man has influenced where and why earthquakes occur. 

Man has been an influence in the damage great earthquakes cause too - by siting civilisations from early times along (now-known) earthquake zones.  Why? Because the earthquake faults also have great mineral wealth to mine.  Or along volcanic zones, where the fertile soil grows food crops abundantly.  The ancients did not understand this, but modern humans do, and still site their cities straddling known earthquake zones.  Some advanced cultures, like Japan, use technology to minimise the effects of earthquakes, but not really successfully (2011).  Other poorer nations suffer constantly having their habitation and infrastructure smashed (Mexico, Haiti, Vanuatu etc). 

My point is, humans make a bad situation worse by adding large populated cities in the mix.  Let alone how they may be also contributing to the earthquakes themselves through fracking, mining, blasting, releasing atomic energy etc.

Earthquake Boy's theory for fracking causing earthquakes is that all those miles and miles of steel pipes sticking into the ground act like tuning forks
for pressure moving along the plates.    Similar to old magma chambers under extinct volcanoes.  Those magma chambers and pipes begin vibrating when
pressure is applied to them.  Micro-quakes at extinct or dormant volcanoes and at fracking sites is a sign of incoming pressure.

Oil and gas drilling along plate boundaries and underground nuclear bomb testing are definitely two ways man has influenced where and why earthquakes occur. 
Oh yeah! the nuclear underground bomb tests all over the world during the last century. Recently North Korea causing a 6.3 (I think) earthquake after an underground nuclear test... These earthquakes we're never possible in such in Mass, centures before.

To say nothing of all that oil being pumped out itself. When Deepwater blew in the Gulf, it gushed billions upon billions of gallons of oil. All that was down there a long time. We've sucked great big quantities of liquid from high pressure environments for a hundred years. The mini-quakes are concentrated around major oilfields, and some day it's the drilling and blasting, but some people think the ground is getting weaker where all that pressure was released.

To say nothing of all that oil being pumped out itself. When Deepwater blew in the Gulf, it gushed billions upon billions of gallons of oil. All that was down there a long time. We've sucked great big quantities of liquid from high pressure environments for a hundred years. The mini-quakes are concentrated around major oilfields, and some day it's the drilling and blasting, but some people think the ground is getting weaker where all that pressure was released.
Yes! DutchSinse on you tube brought that out showing all the earthquakes around oil rig areas..
so, over the last century humans have been jarring the earth LIKE NEVER BEFORE ...with underground nuclear testing, fracking, oil being pumped out of earth at alarming rates.
Wouldn't be surprised at this point if there were even greater quakes about to hit the earth due to ongoing Human stupdity and greed.

We have had a few weak quakes in Northern Colorado since the fracking started. Brings to mind another prophecy, Rev. 11:18 "God will bring to ruin those ruining the earth." We know we are very near the end of this system. All the prophecies together tell us that all we are waiting on is Jehovah's command and the fall of Babylon the great.

On 11/20/2017 at 12:44 PM, Thomas Walker said:

There have been several studies about how sucking he earth dry is causing quake increases. It would be a major point in the great question of Sovereignty if we could point and say that human activity has caused insane weather,  global war, economic collapse, and now record power quakes, all at the same time.

If human activity is responsible for insane weather then I wonder why Jesus only singled out earthquakes, why didn't he just say there would be disasters in the last days? 

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

If human activity is responsible for insane weather then I wonder why Jesus only singled out earthquakes, why didn't he just say there would be disasters in the last days? 

Would that come under, 'one thing and another' ?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

On 11/20/2017 at 3:39 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Michael Janitch (Dutchsinse) has his own theory for the reason why large earthquake activity has been on the rise.

He believes that, below the earth's mantle, there is a molten ball of plasma.

I don't think he could have done much math to back that up.  Let's assume for the sake of argument that the Earth's core is made of plasma - it's usually thought to be solid rock, but I suppose that can't have been directly observed.  What's fairly sure is that it's big - really really big.  And if it is plasma, then to stay in that state, it must be thousands of degrees in temperature.  So it has a massive amount of energy.  To make any significant difference to the amount of energy in that plasma would take far more than a nuclear blast.  And the supercollider at CERN doesn't really produce anything like that much energy - if it did, it would blow up the supercollider.  Its current operating energy is 13 TeV, or about enough to heat a jug of water by about one billionth of a degree celsius.  True, the LHC consumes a lot of electricity in the process too.  But an average city consumes much more, and discharges all that to earth too.  And since most of that is alternating current, the earth is constantly being exposed to both positive and negative electricity, and so remaining neutral.

It seems more like he's seen a coincidence and tried to come up with a reason to justify it, just like all the evolutionists who spot a coincidental similarity between two life-forms and try to come up with contrived reasons for it.