JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting December 2017 edition

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2312 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just now, molnarj said:

He said that from now on the talks of the Gilead Graduation and the Annual Meeting will be presented as a Monthly broadcast. That means that there will be fewer monthly broadcasts in the setting that we were used to. At least, that is what I understand.

Yes, there will be three fewer normal monthly broadcasts each year. Only Part 1 of the Gilead Graduation is presented as the monthly program; at the conclusion of this month's program, Brother Noumair said that parts two and three will be posted later this month. The annual meeting will no doubt follow suit, and the annual meeting will be the subject of the January broadcast. There are two Gilead graduations a year and one annual meeting, so three fewer monthly broadcasts.

23 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

I can’t help but feel disapointed. Was looking forward to a broadcast this month. Guess I will get used to it.  :o

I feel you. But look at the advantages. Here in Germany for example, we got the 142 Gilead Graduation a few weeks ago. More than a half year later than the English speaking brothers. Also, if there are 3 broadcasts less, they have more time to produce high-quality content :D 

26 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

I can’t help but feel disapointed. Was looking forward to a broadcast this month. Guess I will get used to it

You are just spoiled - like the rest of us! :taz: 

Too much "Candy" isn't good for us children. We need to take in thoughtful spiritual food by reading.:eat:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

My two young kids enjoyed the broadcasts as part of our family worship. Watching talks on the tv has never been easy for them. ;) Up until now I used to watch the gilead videos and annual meeting videos on my own and would show specific parts to them and discuss it as they just couldn’t sit still in our home to watch them. 

It is what it is. 

Edited by Mykyl

1 hour ago, juliansan said:

Here in Germany for example, we got the 142 Gilead Graduation a few weeks ago.

Yes I've suspected that the amount of videos being produced must be becoming quite a challenge for the RTOs, and it looks like they are in fact publishing fewer content that previously, in order to ensure that the content they do publish makes it everyone, in all languages (as was previously alluded to at the AM).

And part 2 of the Gilead grad is coming in one week from today!

I liked that because we are going to watch these events all over the world at the same time. But I will miss receiving one song a month. But I think there's still going to be a song this month.

The original song released for the Annual Meeting was planned for 2018 for quite a while. When you think about it, it is numbered as Original Song No. 40.

Any day now...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”