JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Collaborative singing our songs

58 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Is there a way for others to hear not just Brother Irmantas - I don't know if I can do a harmony but I certainly can't unless I hear the lead and/or other harmonies.

If you want, I can give you an fully instrumental version without main melody.

5 hours ago, Intercore said:

I think I might find it helpful just to hear the melody and maybe try listening to it transposed down an octave - could you just post the midi file to play around with?  (I tried making a file of the melody myself, but only got through the first few lines.)  There's a link on your YouTube page, but the links are all dead, they just go to an IIS default page.  I tried practising a few deeper songs today - I know I used to be able to sing deeper, but after a time a few years ago when I had a chest-infection for a year or so and basically had to learn to sing from scratch again afterwards, it's a skill I never quite got back into, so I've been practicing it again now!

13 hours ago, Ferb said:

I think I might find it helpful just to hear the melody and maybe try listening to it transposed down an octave - could you just post the midi file to play around with?  (I tried making a file of the melody myself, but only got through the first few lines.)  There's a link on your YouTube page, but the links are all dead, they just go to an IIS default page.  I tried practising a few deeper songs today - I know I used to be able to sing deeper, but after a time a few years ago when I had a chest-infection for a year or so and basically had to learn to sing from scratch again afterwards, it's a skill I never quite got back into, so I've been practicing it again now!

13 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Down an octave would mean I could sing in my natural voice. Is that possible to do, as many here have noted it is tricky for us sisters in its current form?

Ok, I'll try to do it. 

So, our collaborators are: @Alexa, @sunshine, @Friends just call me Ross, @Ferb, @hatcheckgirl, @tekmantwo, @ivy, @CouveBro, @JudyO, @cerebral ecstasy, @2EVES, @campanula, @Dages, me and one sister from Lithuania.

Missed someone?

Edited by Intercore

14 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Down an octave would mean I could sing in my natural voice. Is that possible to do, as many here have noted it is tricky for us sisters in its current form?

15 hours ago, Ferb said:

But look, if I down an octave, it sounds very low. Really your voices are so low?

3 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I guess I need to try it.  The one I sent you I sang it with my (un)natural lower voice.  I prefer to sing higher, but couldn't make the notes sweet.  So I gave you the lower version.  Does that make sense?

I understood. But you want to sing again with melody which would be an octave lower?

Just the list of collaborators and these which have sent their records (will be updated every time):

@Alexa (sent)

@sunshine

@Friends just call me Ross (sent)

@Ferb (sent)

@hatcheckgirl (sent)

@tekmantwo

@ivy (sent)

@CouveBro

@JudyO

@cerebral ecstasy

@2EVES

@campanula

@Dages

@Nnaemeka

Edited by Intercore

On 15/12/2017 at 6:18 PM, Intercore said:

That might help but I'm not a real singer,  need to hear the voices of the other singers before I can even try to harmonize with them. 

Sorry.

R

Edited by sunshine

On 15/12/2017 at 5:31 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

You can hear my contribution here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=45EB4F58006663B6!109&cid=45EB4F58006663B6

Remember, we won't attain to perfection until the end of the thousand years. ^_^

Hey there thanks, but when I click on the link I don't see anything download.  

:confused:

On 12/16/2017 at 1:54 PM, Intercore said:

But look, if I down an octave, it sounds very low. Really your voices are so low?

I'm not certain, but I think when trying to sing along, my estimation is often an octave off.  Apparently it's not uncommon to have difficulty telling a C in one octave from a C in another.  And when I've tried generating a sine wave tone in Audacity, and then singing along to it and taking the spectrogram of what I was singing, I found my singing to be an octave above the notes that I was actually trying to sing along to, which explained why it was so difficult to hit any notes much above a G.  But you've heard my attempt so far - if you think it's OK the way it is, you can leave it like that.  I may not have been doing it at the time, I'm not sure I do that so much when singing along to another male voice.  (I think it's a habit largely picked up because until my late teens, most of my experience singing was from the Kingdom Hall, where the only really audible voices to sing along with were sisters!)

5 hours ago, sunshine said:

Hey there thanks, but when I click on the link I don't see anything download.  

5 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Rosie, I was able to down load it ok.  The link opens up to Ross' OneDrive public folder.

I don't see it either - I see a page with a OneDrive header at the top, but apart from that it just says 'Sorry, an error has occurred'.

32 minutes ago, Ferb said:

I'm not certain, but I think when trying to sing along, my estimation is often an octave off.  Apparently it's not uncommon to have difficulty telling a C in one octave from a C in another.  And when I've tried generating a sine wave tone in Audacity, and then singing along to it and taking the spectrogram of what I was singing, I found my singing to be an octave above the notes that I was actually trying to sing along to, which explained why it was so difficult to hit any notes much above a G.  But you've heard my attempt so far - if you think it's OK the way it is, you can leave it like that.  I may not have been doing it at the time, I'm not sure I do that so much when singing along to another male voice.  (I think it's a habit largely picked up because until my late teens, most of my experience singing was from the Kingdom Hall, where the only really audible voices to sing along with were sisters!)

It's OK! 

:unsure::wacko::blink::( I just recorded mine and if that's what I sound like, I think I'm going to need 1000+ years before I'm even comfortable listening to me sing again!  It was like that person who thought they were really good and auditioned for American Idol, knowing good and well they couldn't sing. Nasally, off key, can't breath right....just bad (and I'm talking about my singing).  I really wanted to do this and thought I would have sounded at least half way decent according to what I hear when I sing, boy did reality just give it to me straight. Sorry, you're probably much better off without my voice in this.  

6 hours ago, Ferb said:

I don't see it either - I see a page with a OneDrive header at the top, but apart from that it just says 'Sorry, an error has occurred'.

One Drive is currently not working:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/893628/OneDrive-Down-Microsoft-errors-core-applications-Not-Working

OneDrive Down: Microsoft confirm new errors affecting core application

OneDrive is down for many Microsoft web users tonight.

The official Microsoft Office 365 website confirms that OneDrive is down for many tonight.

While Outlook remains unaffected, the latest listing suggests that Microsoft users will have a hard time accessing core programs.

OneDrive web application errors currently listed by Microsoft include: “Affected users may encounter an error which states, "Sorry, an error has occurred". 

“While we're focused on remediation, users may be able to access their files using the desktop or mobile clients as alternative methods.”

The current Office 365 status page also confirms that the Microsoft support team are “continuing to implement a configuration update to restore service.

“Restarting affected systems did not completely resolve the issue. We're implementing a configuration update to restore service.”

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

9 hours ago, CouveBro said:

:unsure::wacko::blink::( I just recorded mine and if that's what I sound like, I think I'm going to need 1000+ years before I'm even comfortable listening to me sing again!  It was like that person who thought they were really good and auditioned for American Idol, knowing good and well they couldn't sing. Nasally, off key, can't breath right....just bad (and I'm talking about my singing).  I really wanted to do this and thought I would have sounded at least half way decent according to what I hear when I sing, boy did reality just give it to me straight. Sorry, you're probably much better off without my voice in this.  

Brother, but let's try! I know, our voice always sounds worse for us than it really is. So, probably it's not so bad!