JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jalapeño Bitesi

Found this favorite tucked away in an old book. I have made it three times this past week.  Depending on how hot you like things buy your sliced jarred jalapeños accordingly.  Line a cookie sheet with single layer of jalapeños.  Almost a solid layer with a 12 oz jar.  Take 2 cups of shredded cheese and I cup of Parmasean  shaker cheese and mix well with 5 beaten eggs.  Spread over jalapeños.  Take a pound of Jimmy Dean breakafast sUsage or your favorite and brown and sprinkle over egg mixture.  Buy a pound of Munster cheese #3 thickness sliced at the deli counter and layer in a solid layer over top.  Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes till golden brown and bubbly!  Remove and let cool for 15-20 minutes then cut into bite size squares.  They can be reheated next day if any left over for 15-20 seconds in microwave.  I have done this with sautéed mushrooms too.  So easy to change the topping.  Just stick to the jalapeño layer, egg and cheese then your favorite toppings then layer of Muenster.  So good and no carbs! 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Found this favorite tucked away in an old book. I have made it three times this past week.  Depending on how hot you like things buy your sliced jarred jalapeños accordingly.  Line a cookie sheet with single layer of jalapeños.  Almost a solid layer with a 12 oz jar.  Take 2 cups of shredded cheese and I cup of Parmasean  shaker cheese and mix well with 5 beaten eggs.  Spread over jalapeños.  Take a pound of Jimmy Dean breakafast sUsage or your favorite and brown and sprinkle over egg mixture.  Buy a pound of Munster cheese #3 thickness sliced at the deli counter and layer in a solid layer over top.  Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes till golden brown and bubbly!  Remove and let cool for 15-20 minutes then cut into bite size squares.  They can be reheated next day if any left over for 15-20 seconds in microwave.  I have done this with sautéed mushrooms too.  So easy to change the topping.  Just stick to the jalapeño layer, egg and cheese then your favorite toppings then layer of Muenster.  So good and no carbs! 

LeslieDean

Great - Here I sit at midnight with a MAJOR INSTANT craving for Jalapeno Bites and I have none of the ingredients.

This problem WILL be resolved tomorrow. :D

What kind of cheese (2 cups) do you typically use with the (1 cup) parmesan?  

If I can't sleep tonight, it's Leslie's fault.  She saw my post about craving lentil burgers and wanted to raise the bar - LOL

If it wasn't 16 degrees out with icy roads, I'd be running to the grocery store right now!  These sound amazing!

Thanks sis.

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

I used cheddar and jack mix but you can use what ever///just try and top with the thick sliced Munster from the deli,  it does a beautiful job turning golden brown golden brown!  I did not take a picture but a friend took a picture of hers///minus the browned and crumbled sausage.  But use the sausage if you are not vegetarian. 

3349176A-A787-45CD-922B-180CFC1696C7.jpeg

LeslieDean

• 5 weeks later...

I made this again for our car groups.  I got baskets from the dollar store and lined them with foil then wrapped them tightly.  Added a stack of napkins and tied a ribbon around each basket and gave one to each car group for break that day.  Everyone said it was so nice to grab a few with the napkin and heat in the microwave when they stopped for coffe break that morning.  It was nice to do a small gesture for our friends. 

LeslieDean