JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ideas for a new Collaborative Reading

There are several suggestions in the Psalm thread. It was mentioned that we should start a new thread to discuss more efforts - so, unless there is another one already started - here is one 

Andrej already posted:

count 7 languages so far. I think we can get at least double of that...

@ivy hows your Indonesian?  Would you like to join?

@Thesauron Jonah, did you see this project? How would you feel to lend us your Sweedish?

Brother @Nnaemeka , i guess you speak some African languages. How do you feel about this initiative?

@campanula How do you feel about doing some reading in both Russian and Ukrainian?

@Astrid Can we get a German Reading from you??
@carlos I am sure your Spanish is pretty good 

@Intercore Can we count on your Lithuanian as well?

@Victoria If you'd like you can do Russian while sis Svetlana reads on Ukrainian 

@Daniela or Carlos, any of you up for Romanian? 

@trottigy Jerry, Vietnamese?

If I'm not mistaken, I think there is Portuguese spoken 

We also have a couple members that are Native American, can they speak in their tribal language?

Let's not count out that English spoken in US, Canada, England, Ireland and Australia are all a bit different - if they are interspersed with the others we could view them as additional languages

Maybe we could count the number of participants and then find a text that has that many verses :shrugs:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

In regards to adding African languages to the reading, thus far I've noticed brothers and sisters here at JWT from the following countries, along with their native tongues, namely:

Ghana --> Twi

Nigeria --> Yoruba, Igbo

South Africa --> Xhosa, Zulu, Afrikaans

Kenya --> Swahili

Uganda --> Swahili

It would be lovely to include any of them into this next venture! :)

Just to add to the idea of this thread ...

If we discuss how to do a reading, like what we are discussing now, when we decide exactly what to read, perhaps we should start a new thread for THAT reading, like the one we had for Ps 139.

We can keep this thread for ongoing discussions of various readings and ideas ..... then, each time we decide on a new reading, give that reading it's own thread

3 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Just to add to the idea of this thread ...

If we discuss how to do a reading, like what we are discussing now, when we decide exactly what to read, perhaps we should start a new thread for THAT reading, like the one we had for Ps 139.

We can keep this thread for ongoing discussions of various readings and ideas ..... then, each time we decide on a new reading, give that reading it's own thread

Most excellent idea. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Perhaps, after we do one in multi-languages we could do one where only Sisters read and another where only Brothers read

Think of additional ideas and post them here. We can have then in the back of our minds while we decide upon the details of a multi-language reading

It so nice to hear everyone’s voices ... well done everyone 

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

For those that may have found this thread from the title and not from the other thread ....

If you wonder what this is all about - there is a Collaborative reading thread for Ps. 139 that already has a completed reading

Psalm 136 could be a nice fit, because the same phrase "For his loyal love endures forever." repeats in every verse. Since we will be doing it in different languages, it will surely sound different each time. We have 26 verses there. Approximately the same as the number of languages that we have.

Let me know what you think ...

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 5:04 AM, Myew said:

I think anything from Job chapters 33 through 41 are great reads.

I like Alex's idea of Job, particularly Job 38, which has rich imagery of creation.  My additional suggestion would be for each of the contributors to not only read but add their picture that describes their verses they are reciting.  It will be more collaborative and creative as a team this way.

Please add your suggestions so we can discuss the next project, any other Bible chapters, etc?