JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to Watchtower Library DVD (Windows only)

On 8/4/2016 at 11:08 AM, Jf800 said:

It is already avaible the  update of  the Spanish version of Watchtower Library 2015.

I'm having problems updating the Spanish version. 

Every time it starts to update and goes up to 10% it crashes with this error:

Cannot update Watchtower Library 2015.

Make sure no instance of Watchtower Library is active and try again.

Suggestions?

21 minutes ago, richietj77 said:

Suggestions?

Reboot and try to update?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Where do I find this box to update the software? I can't find it on my Portuguese version.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

1 hour ago, Ivine said:

Where do I find this box to update the software? I can't find it on my Portuguese version.

If it is available in your language, it should pop up automatically when you open the program.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

1 hour ago, Ivine said:

Go to Library>Properties and make sure the box is checked.

WTLIB Update.JPG

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, richietj77 said:

Suggestions?

Hello, I have the spanish update package to manually update your library, I can send you a link to my google drive so you can download it and then manually update your library. I had to try many times until my library finally update. I guess the server is overloaded because of too many brothers auto updating the software.

Edited by Daniel244

3 hours ago, Daniel244 said:

Hello, I have the spanish update package to manually update your library, I can send you a link to my google drive so you can download it and then manually update your library. I had to try many times until my library finally update. I guess the server is overloaded because of too many brothers auto updating the software.

Please! And, thanks. you can PM me.

5 hours ago, rocket said:

If it is available in your language, it should pop up automatically when you open the program.

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Go to Library>Properties and make sure the box is checked.

WTLIB Update.JPG

Thank you brothers. There's no this tab 'Updates' on my version. And now, what to do? Because I can't order a new CD-ROM in my congregation...

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

Thank you brothers. There's no this tab 'Updates' on my version. And now, what to do? Because I can't order a new CD-ROM in my congregation...

Is your WT library the 2015 edition?

That is the first one to offer updates.

This is the problem. My WT Library is the version of 2014. I'll try to order this version this week. Thank you. :) 

7 minutes ago, Jahleadsme said:

Is there a way one can change the watchtower library to another language? Let's say for example changing English to Igbo language?

Sent from my TECNO_P5_PLUS using Tapatalk

I don't think so because the dvd/rom disk you get from the branch is language specific. I might be wrong though. The discs I have received in the past say ENGLISH on the disc.

If we're able to update with the 2015 DVD does that mean there will be no 2016 DVD next year?

I must have missed something. Thanks for any help with me understanding.

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

1 minute ago, loving life said:

If we're able to update with the 2015 DVD does that mean there will be no 2016 DVD next year?

I heard that was the plan a long time ago. If you have the 2015 WTLIB installed then it will receive updates and the brothers don't need to make a DVD for each year.

3 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I heard that was the plan a long time ago. If you have the 2015 WTLIB installed then it will receive updates and the brothers don't need to make a DVD for each year.

Thanks Bro. I have got to catch up, my memory is shot.... what ever that means!

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

3 minutes ago, loving life said:

Thanks Bro. I have got to catch up, my memory is shot.... what ever that means!

No problem.

Keep in mind that the title of this topic is technically confusing, you don't need the 2015 Watchtower Library DVD, you just need to have the 2015 Watchtower Library installed on your Windows computer and have an Internet connection. It appears the 2015 Watchtower Library program will receive electronic updates every 6 months and the DVD is not needed and no new DVD's will be issued.

I don't know how the updates will work If you are using the DVD without installing the program to the computer. 

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

No problem.

Keep in mind that the title of this topic is technically confusing, you don't need the 2015 Watchtower Library DVD, you just need to have the 2015 Watchtower Library installed on your Windows computer and have an Internet connection. It appears the 2015 Watchtower Library program will receive electronic updates every 6 months and the DVD is not needed and no new DVD's will be issued.

I don't know how the updates will work If you are using the DVD without installing the program to the computer. 

I have the WL program already downloaded on my computer but I currently don't have internet connection. Hopefully I'll will sooner or later. But in the meantime will all those updates be available on the app?

Thank you again Bro. Jehovah will bless you for helping a Sis. that really needed help.

Just now, loving life said:

I have the WL program already downloaded on my computer but I currently don't have internet connection. Hopefully I'll will sooner or later. But in the meantime will all those updates be available on the app?

Thank you again Bro. Jehovah will bless you for helping a Sis. that really needed help.

The new publications are made available on the JW Library app as they are released but since the WTLib program has the Publications Index and Research Guide, it is currently the best way to search for information, now we have most of the recent publications in the JWL and WTL.

3 hours ago, loving life said:

Yes there will be 2016 DVD, but if you have 2015 DVD installed and an internet connection you won't need it as it will update to 2016.

1 minute ago, Jonathan77 said:

Yes there will be 2016 DVD, but if you have 2015 DVD installed and an internet connection you won't need it as it will update to 2016.

That makes sense, there are probably a lot of friends that still use the DVD because they can't install all of the publications and may not have an internet connection. I assume there wont be very many 2016 DVD's made but we will see..