JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to Watchtower Library DVD (Windows only)

He could do the same thing he has been doing every year ..... wait for the 2016 DVD and update at that time.

Short of that, is there somewhere he could go and use some public Internet? This would work for a laptop.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, DDVictoria said:

Situation: not everyone here in the Philippines has internet connection.

if a brother has wtlib2015 on his computer and he wants to update it (because he heard that it can be updated :lol:) but he doesn't have internet connection, where can he get the "update package" to manually update his wtlib2015?

but as stated earlier: as of now, there's no way to manually download the update package.

More than likely you will still have to access the internet to download the files. Some computer do not honor automatic updates, therefore a need for manual updates. I am curious, do most in your area have portables, laptops or desktop units? I use to take my desktop unit back and forth to work as needed. Perhaps some who have broadband could share their wifi.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

If your computer will not update, you can't turn off a firewall, if there is no internet connection (wifi or ethernet) so no way to "download" the changes, then just order the 2016 Library DVD through your local congregation literature servant.  The complete DVD will arrive  at the first of the year as it has for the last 25 years.  It will just be 3-4 months later than online.

• 1 month later...
Good morning, someone has a link to download the Watchtower Library 2015  ?

It's not available for download. The Governing body has not made that provision available just yet.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

8 hours ago, Roberto Flores said:

Good morning, someone has a link to download the Watchtower Library 2015  ?

If you are looking for last years DVD to install that version (with the update feature) just ask around your congregation to see who has a copy of the disk.  Maybe your KH Library has a copy on the shelf.  If you need to install on a tablet without a DVD drive, just copy the contents onto a flash drive and use that for the install device.  Otherwise, order a 2016 DVD disk from your literature servant and it will be sent in January.

thanks for your advices, even we have not received  it the new WLlib2015 in this region

It's not a new one, it just updates against the society's servers every 6 months or so.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

4 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

It's not a new one, it just updates against the society's servers every 6 months or so.

The 2015 WT Library is a "new" version as it comes on a DVD instead of a CD and is update-able via the Branch's online servers. So it is a new version as compared to past years. 

How to save the WT Lib 2015 DVD update package file.

On WT Lib 2015 DVD, after selecting check for updates.
It will download the update package.

Before installing the update it will prompt "Do you want to apply the update now?"

It will download the update package to:

C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\Watchtower\WTLibrary2015\E\WTE\Updates\WTLibrary2015.E.WTE.1.UPDATEPKG

Before you answer the prompt, copy the update package to another location for passing to someone else.

The 1st update package size is 217MB.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently had to buy a new laptop and I tryed to pass all my files from my old one to the new one. I coppied all the files I wanted onto an external memory disc and then passed them to this laptop. When I copied the  Watchtower Library file on to this new one, it didn't work. Does any one know how I can get the  Watchtower Library  with out using the DVD/CD? (I can't use the DVD because this laptop because it doen't have the thinggy to put DVD/CD's).

12 minutes ago, M.Isabel said:

I recently had to buy a new laptop and I tryed to pass all my files from my old one to the new one. I coppied all the files I wanted onto an external memory disc and then passed them to this laptop. When I copied the  Watchtower Library file on to this new one, it didn't work. Does any one know how I can get the  Watchtower Library  with out using the DVD/CD? (I can't use the DVD because this laptop because it doen't have the thinggy to put DVD/CD's).

You'll need to use a different computer and copy the contents of the DVD to a portable drive or a thumbdrive and then put it in your laptop and run the setup file. 

14 minutes ago, M.Isabel said:

It is not so much the files but the "program".  It is like an 'app' to Windows.  You need the working program (as installed from the DVD) to use any files from the Watchtower Library.  If you do not have a DVD player, and you don't have access to a 'portable DVD' player (plugs into the USB port), then copy the DVD disk onto a USB 'flash drive' and install the program from there.

1 hour ago, mserskine said:

I have a problem. When I checked for updates, an error message came up saying :

"No Internet connection available. If your computer is protected by a firewall, please check your proxy settings"

1. How do I check my proxy settings? 

8 minutes ago, dilip kumar said:

Same problem

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

I have also the same problem.

2 hours ago, mserskine said:

"No Internet connection available. If your computer is protected by a firewall, please check your proxy settings"

I had that problem and rebooting the computer fixed it.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, mserskine said:

I am a little confused.  Are we talking about updates to the DVD Watchtower Library or the JW Library app?

I get that too but only when there are no updates availabe.  I think they only post updates once every 6 months, so if you got an update within 6 months, you will see that message because the Watchtower program won't connect with the servers on the other side because there is no update available.  (Not sure if I made sense or not)

8 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I am a little confused.  Are we talking about updates to the DVD Watchtower Library or the JW Library app?

Talking about the Watchtower Library on DVD.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

1 hour ago, shali said:

I get that too but only when there are no updates availabe.  I think they only post updates once every 6 months, so if you got an update within 6 months, you will see that message because the Watchtower program won't connect with the servers on the other side because there is no update available.

You may be right. I know my WTLIB is up to date but when I had it 'Check for updates' it gave me the same error message. Otherwise it works fine.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, shali said:

I get that too but only when there are no updates availabe.  I think they only post updates once every 6 months, so if you got an update within 6 months, you will see that message because the Watchtower program won't connect with the servers on the other side because there is no update available.  (Not sure if I made sense or not)

Hhmmm. Am I the only one here who is not   having that problem? I already have the latest update. But when I click on Check For Updates I just get a little box that says No updates available. No error messages whatsoever. All systems are Go here.

:superman:

Edited by Sheep

19 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Hhmmm. Am I the only one here who is not   having that problem? I already have the latest update. But when I click on Check For Updates I just get a little box that says No updates available. No error messages whatsoever. All systems are Go here.

:superman:

The same was happening to me in the beginning as well. Now I'm getting the error message. I wonder why?