JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

I thought this would be a fun topic. As witnesses we know that it’s getting harder and harder to find clean music to listen to so I thought I could paste music in this topic that I know is clean. I listen to a wide variety of music and will be posting soul, jazz, funk oldies, rock, pop and other types of music. Please keep in mind that just because a particular song is clean, that doesn’t mean that other songs from that artist will be clean as well. If you know some clean good music post it as well! Now let’s have some fun :D

Edited by carlos

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Devotion - Earth Wind and Fire

A love of your own - Average white band 

What you won’t do for love - Bobby Caldwell 

We can work it out - Stevie wonder 

Happy - Pharrell Williams 

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Roxanne - The police 

Welcome to the machine - Pink Floyd

All along the watchtower - Jimi Hendrix 

Machine gun - Jimi Hendrix 

No quarter Led Zeppelin 

Viva tirado - El Chicano 

In the space - Janko Nilovic and Dave Sucky

Take five - Dave Brubeck 

Hard work - John Handy 

Six days at the bottom of the ocean - Expolisions in the sky. (The ending to this song is amazing) 

Summer madness - Kool & The Gang

Crowded elevator - Incubus 

Machinehead - Bush

Fell on black days - soundgarden 

Comes as you are - Nirvana 

Love island - Fatboy Slim

Clubbed to death - Rob Dougan

Days go by - Dirty Vegas 

I forgot to mention that if there’s a song you want to post but am not sure of, be sure to look the lyrics up to make sure. There’s several songs I wanted to post but changed my mind after reading the lyrics.

I like these 2 songs because they use Jehovah his name in it. The songs are ok as far as I can judge. I could not find the lyrics online. Normally I don't listen to this music, but this band is an exception cause it got some nice Mexican influences. 

https://youtu.be/aAGdj9Sw0_A

There is also another song in the album "clone me" which also got a reference to Jehovah. 

I love to hear Jehovah his name in a song. Cause here it is not as common as it is I America.

Edited by skipdaflip

28 minutes ago, skipdaflip said:

I like these 2 songs because they use Jehovah his name in it. The songs are ok as far as I can judge. I could not find the lyrics online. Normally I don't listen to this music, but this band is an exception cause it got some nice Mexican influences. 

https://youtu.be/aAGdj9Sw0_A

There is also another song in the album "clone me" which also got a reference to Jehovah. 

I love to hear Jehovah his name in a song. Cause here it is not as common as it is I America.

I’m familiar with that group. I’ve always liked the song “here comes the horns” by them. Would love to post it but it has at least one curse word in it. If you like music with Mexican overtones, then you might like this song by Carlos Santana 

Edited by Brother Jack

NYC trippin’ - Soul Ballet

Blue girl - Soul Ballet 

Black sun - Soul Ballet

Monique slept here - Soul Ballet 

Man and woman - Soul Ballet 

West coast poplock - Ronnie Hudson 

More bounce to the ounce - Zapp and Roger 

Aqua boogie - Parliament 

One nation under a groove - Funkadelic

Who’s that lady - The Isley Brothers

Boogie slyde - Wizards

Danger zone - Midnight express

Happy feeling - Homeboy and the C.O.L

Edited by Brother Jack

Thanks for posting all the music videos....I just listened to the Average White Band

"A LOVE OF YOUR OWN" a few times, and It reminded me what a great band

they were and still are.  I was true blue Motown all the way, and my music preference 

has never changed over the years.   The first record I ever bought...(I had to ask  my mother to buy it for me while we were at Sears) was

a 45 rpm by Fats Domino called Blue Monday....I was in grade school...around 7 years old... and I loved that song.  I've  never changed

about the music I like...I think if you really love music...you carry with you all of your life!-_-

Edited by nanceebgd46

58 minutes ago, nanceebgd46 said:

Thanks for posting all the music videos....I just listened to the Average White Band

"A LOVE OF YOUR OWN" a few times, and It reminded me what a great band

they were and still are.  I was true blue Motown all the way, and my music preference 

has never changed over the years.   The first record I ever bought...(I had to ask  my mother to buy it for me while we were at Sears) was

a 45 rpm by Fats Domino called Blue Monday....I was in grade school...around 7 years old... and I loved that song.  I've  never changed

about the music I like...I think if you really love music...you carry with you all of your life!-_-

I like “ain’t that a shame by Fats Domino :)

I started to post a frank Sinatra song but changed my mind after listening to it again... I have to be really careful in this topic with so many questionable songs floating around.

Speak to me/breathe - Pink Floyd

Time - Pink Floyd

Us and them - Pink Floyd

Any colour you like - Pink Floyd 

On 12/17/2017 at 5:14 PM, Brother Jack said:

We can work it out - Stevie wonder 

The original video I posted is gone so I’m putting this one up to replace it. That’s why I type the name of the songs above the videos so if it gets removed, I know what video it was so I can replace it :)

For whom the bell tolls - Metallica

Undertow - Tool

The grudge - Tool 

Them bones - Alice in chains

Would - Alice In Chains 

Big empty - Stone Temple Pilots

Dead and bloated - Stone Temple Pilots 

Square one - Coldplay

White shadows - Coldplay 

Speed of sound - Coldplay 

Talk (First version) - Coldplay 

Highspeed - Coldplay 

Edited by Brother Jack