JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

As I said in the first post of this thread, feel free to contribute to the thread. If you don’t know the lyrics to a song, please look them up before posting :)

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Simon - Lifehouse 

Sick cycle carousel- Lifehouse

Somebody else’s song - Lifehouse

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Golden lady - Stevie Wonder 

All in love is fair - Stevie Wonder 

Visions - Stevie Wonder

Fingertips (parts 1 & 2) - Stevie Wonder

Ive never been a Johnny Cash fan but I like these songs and their message. He does make gospel songs but I thought I would post these since they don’t really promote false religious beliefs.

God’s gonna cut you down - Johnny Cash

The man comes around - Johnny Cash

Count on me - Bruno Mars 

Treasure - Bruno Mars (this is the clean version without the intro that has profanity)

winelight - Grover Washington Jr

Mister magic - Grover Washington Jr

Here are some more songs from Chris Cornell. I really like his music and hope to see him in the resurrection. He was most known as the lead singer of the bands Soundgarden and Audioslave. He was also the frontman of another band called Temple of the dog.

Outshined - Soundgarden (Clean video version)

Spoonman - Soundgarden 

Show me how to live - Audioslave

Smells like teen spirit - Nirvana 

Heart shaped box - Nirvana 

Blew - Nirvana 

Return of the rat - Nirvana 

This song doesn’t promote false religious beliefs but the woman is singing about how God helped her find true love. 

I want to thank you - Alicia Myers 

Here’s two songs from The Offspring. The second one means a lot to me because it reminds me of my best friend and the father of my niece whom I lost in death at the tender age of 28.

Come out and play The Offspring

Gone away - The Offspring

What I’ve done - Linkin Park 

Points of authority - Linkin Park

Somewhere I belong - Linkin Park

Numb - Linkin Park

In the end - Linkin Park

On 1/27/2018 at 2:09 PM, Brother Jack said:

At your best - The Isley Brothers 

At your best - Aaliyah

Edited by Brother Jack

The two main songs that are played at barbecues are “summertime” by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince and “This is how we do it” by Montell Jordan.i would like to post both but only one is appropriate... 

Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince

Same direction - Hoobastank 

Crawling in the dark - Hoobastank 

Before I let go - Maze ft Frankie Beverly 

Southern girl - Maze ft Frankie Beverly

We are one - Maze ft Frankie Beverly

Joy and pain - Maze ft Frankie Beverly 

A cover of an old Jethro Tull song with a raw hard-driving blues rock vibe. I appreciate the musicality of the trio, especially Joe Bonamassa's guitar virtuosity, if you can ignore the unsavory looks of the bass player. Interestingly, Jethro Tull fancied themselves as a blues-rock band, much like Led Zeppelin did and even the Rolling Stones, but Joe takes it to a whole nother level and puts his own interpretation on it. Keepin' the blues alive.

Edited by minister159

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley