JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

While We're All Talking About Stats...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2306 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This went up in Instagram just recently.

image.png.62177c84e4295013ea487eeff2699214.png

Now, jw_inspirational has a pretty good record of being legit, so I post it here. I haven't heard this anywhere else, you understand.

But if this is true, then it means a little over half the human race accessed our website this year. This chart is showing unique visitors.

Anyone heard anything in favor, or against the accuracy of these stats?

2 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

But if this is true, then it means a little over half the human race accessed our website this year. This chart is showing unique visitors.

Then how do the other sites have more that the Earths population? Aliens?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Then how do the other sites have more that the Earths population? Aliens?

Unique visitors includes multiple devices. I log into my email from three devices, or a library computer, etc.

On sites like Google, that makes sense. Research sites like JW.org, less so. It probably doesn't count downloads on the app, since those are stored on a third part server.

Even if every JW has four devices accessing JW.org, that's still a billion people. Compare that to the other religious sites put up there...

Edited by Thomas Walker

I just found this, it might shed some light on the figures..

https://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2010/07/30/absolute-unique-unique-visitors-google-analytics/

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

28 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

This went up in Instagram just recently.

I've Googled all the key words that I can think of and I have not found that chart yet...

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I've Googled all the key words that I can think of and I have not found that chart yet...

I saw it few minutes ago on Instagram

Are you on Instagram?

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

16 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

I think someone did the search and posted it himself.

I'm not sure what that means, but if this chart isn't true or accurate, we should be careful to share it outside the forum.

Hopefully we can get a source for it though. Anyone here on instagram and want to msg this account to ask where they got it? (i don't have an account)

I'm not sure what that means, but if this chart isn't true or accurate, we should be careful to share it outside the forum.

Hopefully we can get a source for it though. Anyone here on instagram and want to msg this account to ask where they got it? (i don't have an account)
Read post #8 in this thread.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

On 12/19/2017 at 2:53 AM, JW-Ind said:

The source cited by the jw inspirational was w3snoop.com. I checked the stat for jw.org and it showed about 11.7 million daily unique visitors. It seems this figure was then annualized by the poster. 

That's not going to work. You can't annualize unique figures by multiplying the daily, because what's unique on any given day can be non-unique on multiple days. In other words if I visit today and then tomorrow I will be unique on each day, but across two days I am unique only once, not twice. And if I visit every single day of the year then I am not 365 unique visitors, but only 1.

All that said, the actual website traffic for jw.org as a daily unique figure is extremely impressive.

Edited by AnOther Sheep

Punctuation

I think that we miss the understanding of "unique" in this context.  It is the "visit" that is unique (counted once not multiple times).  It is not that a "unique" visitor has never logged on before in history.  So if a visitor named John Smith made one visit on Monday, it is a unique visit on that day.  If he visits once again next month, it is a unique visit that day also.  If he visits three times in one day, he is only counted once (as a unique visit).