JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Assembly Halls in the US? (west coast and midwest)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2272 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I'm now doing a map of assembly halls in the continental US, in two phases. The first phase includes these 25 states:

US-phase1.png.d04802681ee804db4a45d25447f2e41e.png

Looking at these states, it seems the following have no Assembly Halls at all:

• Arkansas
  • Idaho
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Minnesota
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • Nebraska
  • New Mexico
  • North Dakota
  • Oklahoma
  • South Dakota
  • Utah
  • Wyoming

From what I could find, these seven states have exactly one assembly hall:

• Arizona
  • Colorado
  • Illinois
  • Missouri
  • Oregon
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin

These states have two or more:

• California (4)
  • Michigan (2)
  • Texas (3)

Please let me know if I've missed any!

I'm leaving the other 23 continental states for the second phase, knowing it will be more time-consuming considering how populous the east coast is:

US-phase2.png.bda75d822e9aa6d169d7aea93f0753b4.png

Edited by Brandon

CA has at least 6 AH

Escondido

Mira Loma

Norco

Fremont

Fairfield

Yuba City.

There's probably more but those are the ones I've been to.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

CA has at least 6 AH

Escondido

Mira Loma

Norco

Fremont

Fairfield

Yuba City.

There's probably more but those are the ones I've been to.

Did you include the Del Norte County fairgrounds?:lol:

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 6:50 PM, Brandon said:

@Tortuga I've made one map of northern cali and one for southern cali:

https://jwiki.miraheze.org/wiki/Assembly_Halls_in_California

I'm confused ---

Your opening sentence mentioned places called 'northern cali' and 'southern cali'

As a native Southern Californian I can unequivocally say that there are no such places in California. 

The confusion arose because you,  after using the aforementioned terms,  posted a link to Assembly Halls in California,  both Southern and Northern.  That I can understand,  I was born in Southern California and now live in what is referred to as Northern California,  although I personally consider it more centrally located.  However,  it is called Northern California, or NorCal, so I use the proper, accepted term so people I talk with understand what I am referring to. ..

10 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

I'm confused ---

Your opening sentence mentioned places called 'northern cali' and 'southern cali'

As a native Southern Californian I can unequivocally say that there are no such places in California. .

It's easy to spot the tourists...:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Cali is a rather large city, so maybe they do have a Northern Cali and a Southern Cali. :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

47 minutes ago, Old said:

Cali is a rather large city, so maybe they do have a Northern Cali and a Southern Cali. :lol:

Maybe it's part of the New California?

:lol:

51 minutes ago, Old said:

Perhaps. ..

But people that live in Columbia know that is the shortened term for their city, Santiago de Cali... I used a similar term when discussing Los Angeles,  when I lived near there and needed to give people accurate direction.  East LA is a real thing, and not a place I really want to visit for any duration. ..

On 1/16/2018 at 7:07 PM, Brandon said:

I'm guessing it is this building in Indianapolis? wow!  I have never seen a JW building that looked quite like this one does (or did, in this google snapshot from 2014):5a5e938b5373b_screen-2018-01-16at7_04pm.png.624823dc29cc51e46bdef5bfff1986e8.png

Indianapolis Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses

1201 N Delaware St
Indianapolis, IN 46202

The building includes a 1,200-seat auditorium renovated in 1995.

Former Second Church of Christ Scientists

1201 North Delaware Street 

Constructed 1912 

Spencer Solon Beman of Chicago, Architect 

Out of the Columbian Exposition of 1893 came the inspiration for this Neo-Classical Revival structure. Spencer Solon Beman, a notable Chicago architect, designed the building for the Second Church of Christ Scientists. This is one of the best examples of the Neo-Classical Revival style in the city.

…Subsequently, the structure was purchased by Lifegate Baptist Church as a temporary facility.

In 1978, the church became the property of Jehovah's Witnesses of Indiana. 

• 3 weeks later...

https://jwiki.miraheze.org/wiki/Assembly_Halls_in_California

You are correct, there are 7 AH in California. I checked the LDC Zone map yesterday to be sure...

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

You are correct, there are 7 AH in California. I checked the LDC Zone map yesterday to be sure...

How big is your zone?  I think Canada doesn't have those anymore. When I was on the RBC we were #17 and I think there were about 18-19 RBCs in Canada. But I guess just one zone now.

I have a .KMZ file with all Assembly Halls of the world. If the brothers want this file let me know it because I can send it to you in private.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39