JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My first car. A 1947 two-door Ford six (with mechanical brakes.) I paid $80 for it in 1957 and it stood me well as a pioneer vehicle.

Sold it for $40 two years later and bought a new VW to start my married life.

My Ford Six.png

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

46 minutes ago, Qapla said:

:eek:

2 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

and a Corvair, and a Datsun with a V8 Chevy shoehorned in it...

Yeah, it was a 72 Datsun truck and the previous owner had tucked a Chevy 305 with a 2 speed tranny and chevy rearend in it. It was fun...:D

and a Corvair, and a Datsun with a V8 Chevy shoehorned in it...

I liked my Fury with the 383 and Holley 850...:D

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Is it just me or are SS impalas with the 409 engines way overpriced? A regular 62-64 impala SS with the standard super sport 327 engine will go for around 15-16k, while a 62-64 SS 409 will go for 40k easily. Ain’t no engine worth an extra $25,000 to me. As far as I know, the SS 409 and regular SS impalas are pretty much the same except for a bigger engine with more carburetors and a 409 badge on the fenders. They both have the same bucket seats, floor shifter, side mounding, ect. I would love to drive an SS 409 one day just to see what all the fuss is about but would never even think of trying to buy one.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I like the 47,48 Chevy 2 door fleetlines.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Hey, great cars! Were any of you pioneering at their times?

I happened to like Ferraris Mercedes 300SLs and D Jags,. There were not very many of them in Central Oregon. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

7 minutes ago, Old said:

Hey, great cars! Were any of you pioneering at their times?

I happened to like Ferraris Mercedes 300SLs and D Jags,. There were not very many of them in Central Oregon. 

No, my wifes pioneer car was a Datsun 1200. Remember the old Datsum B210? The 1200 was smaller. It had a 1200CC motor. She once had the CO and two brothers in it..:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I pioneered in the '65 chevy and then the '66 Pontiac.

We used to call the '66 Pontiac my "Sherman" because we said it was like a Sherman Tank.

The Hall I was in back then had a two-lane semi-pave road in front of it with a small raised median. We were allowed to park on that median. We used to say that we would leave the "Sherman on the Mound" if we took someone else's car in service.

After I over 150,000 miles on the Pontiac I had to replace the motor. I put in a rebuilt 389 that was 40-10-10. That made it about 400 CI and I put on a Holley 650 vacuum operated carb on it. It was a fun car to drive if you didn't mind driving a car that handled like a boat :cool:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

16 hours ago, Tortuga said:

No, my wifes pioneer car was a Datsun 1200. Remember the old Datsum B210? The 1200 was smaller. It had a 1200CC motor. She once had the CO and two brothers in it..:lol:

Remember the original Honda car, the little bitty ones in the early '70s?

A buddy of mine in High school got one, we would cruise around on occasion.  I was 6'-4"...he was 6'-7".:huh:

Remember the original Honda car, the little bitty ones in the early '70s?

A buddy of mine in High school got one, we would cruise around on occasion.  I was 6'-4"...he was 6'-7".:huh:

Being a Honda man, I looked up the original Honda cars some time ago. When you think of Honda you don’t think of cars with carbureted engines.

5 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

Being a Honda man, I looked up the original Honda cars some time ago. When you think of Honda you don’t think of cars with carbureted engines.

I'm not 100% sure, it's been a while :uhhuh:, I think they had a 600cc engine.  It really was a tiny car..he and I pretty much filled it up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_N360

6 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I'm not 100% sure, it's been a while :uhhuh:, I think they had a 600cc engine.  It really was a tiny car..he and I pretty much filled it up.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_N360

I thought he threw a saddle on it and rode it...

• 3 weeks later...

I checked out that 66 last month and the trunk floor had to be replaced because it was rusty. I’d rather get something a little more solid. It’s getting harder and harder to find these classic cars with no rust issues. So I’m back on the hunt for a 66. I might settle for another Lincoln Mark V Cartier edition like the one in the video below. They are a lot cheaper to buy and build, just harder to find in the champagne colored Cartier edition. I bought one exactly like the one in the video below in 2010. Same color and everything. It was a 32k original car in mint condition. I didn’t keep it original though. I turned it into a Lowrider. I miss lowriding a lot. I’ve been out of the game for 5 years and not having a hobby is about to drive me crazy :bringiton:

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

Me and my sons car. A while back!

2E328414-288E-4A5E-8CD5-5438D30560BC.jpeg

Wow, gorgeous!

The car looks nice too...:D

Some elderly lady in a huge commercial sized van brushed up against me at a stoplight a little over a week ago in my field service car, a 1999 Honda Accord EX sedan. I was a little upset because the car is in excellent shape, never been a wreck and has only 97k miles on it. I was happy when I saw that the damage was very minor when we pulled over and I took a look at it. I was also happy the lady had insurance. All she did was crack my drivers side taillight, scratch the quarter panel and get black rubber from the molding of her chrome bumper on mine. I got a quote from a body shop for $957.00 to fix the damage. I ordered a new oem taillight for $27 shipped and some touch up paint for it and my other Honda for $25 shipped. I later got a check from the insurance company for $957.00. After buying the taillight and touch up paint that leaves me with $905.00. I installed the taillight today and took a wet towel and wiped the rubber off the bumper. All I need to do now is apply the touch up paint. I’m so glad I got hit :lol:

2F4FA366-90D2-4A78-9669-F084EBC87C8B.jpeg

D35B2E20-852D-44CA-82DD-608977ACBA67.jpeg

23116D46-6B1B-487D-B74F-ABD5B152CAA0.jpeg

Edited by Brother Jack

On 2/3/2018 at 8:41 PM, Miss Bea said:

Me and my sons car. A while back!

2E328414-288E-4A5E-8CD5-5438D30560BC.jpeg

I remember when.... Like the car too! (Think I will play "Those Were The Days."

34 minutes ago, Old said:

I remember when.... Like the car too! (Think I will play "Those Were The Days."

Jerry, you are one of the few...won’t it be fun to get young again, and then shake our head at what this old age business did to us? 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

When putting your elbows on the fender to work on the motor didn’t leave dents on the fender! 

Yep. I have a 2015 Honda Accord coupe and when I’m waxing it, I have to take it easy on the hood because it will pop in and out when I press against it. These new cars are so cheap.

18 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

Yep. I have a 2015 Honda Accord coupe and when I’m waxing it, I have to take it easy on the hood because it will pop in and out when I press against it. These new cars are so cheap.

Just this side of sturdy tin foil. Nevermind all the plastic! And, while I’m venting, how is it possible you have to buy a bumper when you buy some vehicles? 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

4 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

Just this side of sturdy tin foil. Nevermind all the plastic! And, while I’m venting, how is it possible you have to buy a bumper when you buy some vehicles? 

One good thing I can say about newer cars is that they are made to absorb impact since they are unibody cars with many fiber glass parts. Those classic cars were raw steel vehicles on steel frames that didn’t absorb impact well. To top it off, the ones from the 60s and older had steel dashboards... ouch! This is way people usually died from car wrecks from the 60’s, 50’s 40’s ect.

Edited by Brother Jack