JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for January 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2276 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Got it thanks. Just a few quick observations.

Report does not contain all the columns the yearbook had. Hours and average pubs for instance are not included.

Angola had a significant increase 12%.

Many of the affluent western countries had little or no increase.

Nice progress in lands like India, Pakistan, Nepal and Turkey.

Looks like Russia has been moved in with the other countries where work is restricted.

1 hour ago, futurepromise said:

I am so embarrassed.

[Cheque = check]

Until a while ago I would write the new year in the first few cheques in my cheque book, because it would take me until about April to get used to things. Can’t remember the last time I wrote a cheque now.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I enjoy statistics so here's another one.

In many lands including the USA memorial attendance was lower this year.

However total memorial attendance worldwide was up by over 90,000.

Thanks to Zambia where attendance was up by over 100,000 !

Everyone in Zambia must have known about the memorial. 

1 hour ago, Danni said:

I actually watch it in Danish. https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_broadcasting/14/jwb_D_201801_01_r360P.mp4

It's mainly in English audio, with very few Danish parts. (tu)

Talk about food at the proper time....Also satisfying my goal to learn Danish....how about that for killing one bird with two stones ( or is it the other way around)?

37 minutes ago, madefl said:

Do you have the Link for the English Download?

I don't think English is up yet:

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_broadcasting/14/jwb_E_201801_01_r360P.mp4 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

That's the longest broadcast I've seen..

wow 1 hour 25 mins.!

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

59 minutes ago, jpl said:

The good webpage is : https://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwb&issue=201801 and choose your language to download.

That only links to the choir. 

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

That only links to the choir. 

I have tried several times.  I did discover that this is the correct link.  If you scroll down through the languages, pick Danish, and the MP4 displayed IS the Broadcast.  So I am assuming that when English is available, it will be seen on this link.  It is a logical deduction but not a certainty.

I'm enjoying the fact that the danish subtitles are at the bottom and that the brothers are speaking in English. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible