JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Amazon Alexa and JW.ORG

Sister Shey asked me to pass this info along to the board:

If you have an Amazon Echo or home device, enable 

this helper on your Alexa phone app. 

http://www.jwaccess.com/

You can listen to most everything on JW.ORG ... Daily text, weekly Bible reading, watchtower study, songs... 

Just ask... No typing, searching, just ask Alexa

Edited by Shawnster

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

You can listen to most everything on JW.ORG ... Daily text, weekly Bible reading, watchtower study, songs... 

Is it published by the Governing Body?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

11 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I don't have one now but knowing this makes me want to purchase one for my husband who is legally blind...

Thank you so much for sharing.....:wub:

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

2 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

No, the app you are talking about, not the website. Is the app for Alexa published by the Governing Body?

I know nothing about the jw access app.  Perhaps you should PM Sister Shey. :mellow:

https://jwtalk.net/forums/profile/7867-sheyz/

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Is it published by the Governing Body?
Good question but the skill found on Amazon for echo takes u right to the JW.org site.. so u can listen to most anything on the site just by asking..

Read this...
JW Access provides a voice interface to play media freely available in the public areas of JW.org. 
All rights for this content belong to the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. 

Since media is streamed directly from JW.ORG and is not hosted by JW Access, there is always the possibility that some media may eventually no longer be available. This is outside of our control and we will do our best to update broken links or content as quickly as possible.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Good question but the skill found on Amazon for echo takes u right to the JW.org site.. so u can listen to most anything on the site just by asking..

Read this...
JW Access provides a voice interface to play media freely available in the public areas of JW.org. 
All rights for this content belong to the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. 

Since media is streamed directly from JW.ORG and is not hosted by JW Access, there is always the possibility that some media may eventually no longer be available. This is outside of our control and we will do our best to update broken links or content as quickly as possible.

Why would you need a separate application to make the site work?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Thank you for sharing. I don't have Alexa however this looks very useful for people that do.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

No. It plays any audio files associated with articles or bible sections etc. You ask it to let’s say play this weeks bible reading and it will. Or ask it to play this weeks watchtower article. Very handy.

Can you make sure somehow it is reading only from the servers used by the organisation?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

56 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Questions from readers in the April 2018 WT.

My JWL does not seem to have an April WT for 2018 :shrugs:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

4 minutes ago, Qapla said:

My JWL does not seem to have an April WT for 2018 :shrugs:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-april-2018/publications-personal-websites/

Its on jw.org.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Is it reading the screen?
I have no clue... i have a hard time navigating the computer... time consuming...
It is just super nice for me... I don't have a disability but love to call out to my echo dot ... "Alexa use JW Access
to listen to original songs"

Use the link Ross posted for me to read all the details.... Or here are some things you can ask Amazon Alexa if u have an Amazon device.. i.e. I was given an Echo Dot as a gift last month... It has made my life easier.

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play morning worship”

Music

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play original music”

"Alexa, ask JW Access to play children's music"

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play kingdom Melodies”

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play kingdom Melodies, Chorus”

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play kingdom Melodies, orchestrated”

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play kingdom Melodies, Meetings”

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play song number 149” (or any song number between 1 and 151)

The Bible

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play the Bible starting at Matthew, Chapter 24” (specify the book and chapter you want to start with)

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play the Bible starting at Genesis, Chapter 1”

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play dramatic Bible readings”

Dramas

“Alexa, ask JW Access play dramas”

Weekly Bible Reading:

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play this week’s Bible reading”

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play last week’s Bible reading”

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play next week’s Bible reading”

Weekly Watchtower Study

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play this weeks Watch tower Study”

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play next weeks Watch tower Study”

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play last weeks Watch tower Study”

Alexa’s standard “Next”, “Previous”, “Pause”, and “Resume” commands are always available.

Can you make sure somehow it is reading only from the servers used by the organisation?
I don't know how to do that.... I only found this JWAcess a few days ago... Everything I compare it to on the JW.org site is right on.

I don't know how to do that.... I only found this JWAcess a few days ago... Everything I compare it to on the JW.org site is right on.

Maybe someone should write the Brothers at Headquarters... Or ask a C.O... our C.O. visit isn't until March..

Yes, it is .... I usually read the pubs when they come to the JWL .......

Since JWAcess has been in use for about a year or more (according to the Alexa site) it would seem that, in view of that QFR article, if it were a site to be avoided or there was a problem with it - it would have been mentioned in the article or would have been removed from Alexa by now

BTW - I have sent a text msg to a Brother who works with the Branch Computer Department and should know about the validity of this .... I will post his reply

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~