JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Amazon Alexa and JW.ORG

On 2/14/2018 at 1:15 AM, GeordieGirl said:

I am loving the voice control and the JWAcess skill and I love the surprise of which morning worship/dramatic bible reading/song it plays.  Takes the stress of decision making right out of my addled brain. :lol:  I also listened to this weeks WT study on it just by asking.  How lazy am I getting!!! :lol2:

What is voice control and how do you get the morning worship automatically like that? I do have JWAccess set up and can ask for the text and Bible reading but I have to ask specifically to go there and ask for it to be read...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

8 hours ago, Dove said:

What is voice control and how do you get the morning worship automatically like that? I do have JWAccess set up and can ask for the text and Bible reading but I have to ask specifically to go there and ask for it to be read...

Voice control is just what you are doing with Alexa, controlling with your voice by saying things instead of having to type or click on a screen. 

So when you ask for JWAcess on Alexa, instead of asking for the text or bible reading, ask for dramatic bible reading or morning worship or original songs.  Also, if you get interrupted,  just ask 'Alexa, pause' and she will pause what you are listening to until you are ready to go back to it and then just ask' Alexa, play' and she will continue from where she left off.

Hope this helps a bit, Sandra. :) xo

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

12 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Voice control is just what you are doing with Alexa, controlling with your voice by saying things instead of having to type or click on a screen. 

So when you ask for JWAcess on Alexa, instead of asking for the text or bible reading, ask for dramatic bible reading or morning worship or original songs.  Also, if you get interrupted,  just ask 'Alexa, pause' and she will pause what you are listening to until you are ready to go back to it and then just ask' Alexa, play' and she will continue from where she left off.

Hope this helps a bit, Sandra. :) xo

Thanks Terri, that does help. Only thing, when I ask for jwaccess, she never gets it. She always plays some kind of worldly music. I annunciate it as clearly as possible but it doesn't help. When I ask for jworg she says she doesn't know that one or the same for play morning worship. Only once did she get the Bible reading right, and the daily text. So it seems to be intermittent what I get. I do have the skills set up and she did get it right one day, yesterday, but mostly not. Maybe it's like spellchecker and she needs to learn...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

On 12/31/2017 at 11:26 AM, SheyZ said:

Use the link Ross posted for me to read all the details.... Or here are some things you can ask Amazon Alexa if u have an Amazon device.. i.e. I was given an Echo Dot as a gift last month... It has made my life easier.

Music

“Alexa, ask JW Access to play original music”

"

I just tried and it sounds like other people singing their own kindgdom songs.  so that command didn't work for me.  I will

experiment with others

Thanks Terri, that does help. Only thing, when I ask for jwaccess, she never gets it. She always plays some kind of worldly music. I annunciate it as clearly as possible but it doesn't help. When I ask for jworg she says she doesn't know that one or the same for play morning worship. Only once did she get the Bible reading right, and the daily text. So it seems to be intermittent what I get. I do have the skills set up and she did get it right one day, yesterday, but mostly not. Maybe it's like spellchecker and she needs to learn...
Sometimes it does have problems with WiFi connection. But I have learned that I need to ask Alexa exactly this way:
"Alexa ask JW access to play morning worship"
Or original songs etc..

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, SheyZ said:

Sometimes it does have problems with WiFi connection. But I have learned that I need to ask Alexa exactly this way:
"Alexa ask JW access to play morning worship"
Or original songs etc..

Thanks, but she just doesn't seem to get the words jwaccess. You may be right about the wifi..

I just tried and it sounds like other people singing their own kindgdom songs.  so that command didn't work for me.  I will
experiment with others
Those are the original songs by jw.org. The brothers usually play them after the broadcast the monthly broadcast. If you were to go to JW Broadcasting you will see at the bottom where it says original songs so if you want just the witness songs that we sing at the Kingdom Hall this is what you say:.
Alexa .. ask JW access to play Kingdom Melodies.

This is what you can do in order to know what you can ask JW access.
Go to the Alexa app open top left three lines next to the word home. Tap on the three lines scroll down to skills. In the search box type in JW access. Then that skill will come up page down in that skill and you will see the things that you can ask JW access to do from the jw.org site. hope that helps. Keep me updated .

Voice control... You can say Alexa volume 1 for lowest up to volume 10 for full volume.
She also understands me when I say her name and volume up or volume down she'll go up or down just one level.

At this point I'm going to say "Fred" instead of her name because she's listening driving me crazy talking back. Haha.🤣🤣

Hope this helps a bit, Sandra.  xo
You are right on Sister.

I was thinking you can also ask her or (Fred) 🤣 (not saying her name)
Fred what are things you can do?

Also, when I asked to listen to morning worship it always starts at the beginning so as soon as that starts I will say her name and then he word ...next...
you can say forward or back or skip or things like that, if you didn't say pause.
I also find if I say pause she will only stay in the pause mode for so long, may be up to an hour it might only be a half hour. Then she just turns off.

Thanks, but she just doesn't seem to get the words jwaccess. You may be right about the wifi..
You're right. sometimes it does take me a few time of saying JWACCES for her to get it..
I think the more you do it the more she gets used to what you're saying.

Or not lol!

You're right. sometimes it does take me a few time of saying JWACCES for her to get it..
I think the more you do it the more she gets used to what you're saying.

Or not lol!

There's another feature that I like and that is... News briefing... There you can add maybe different news feeds that you would like to hear. I have added as the first thing I want to hear when I ask for what's the news? I get the daily text you will find that I believe under skills and then type in news briefing in the search window. There's lots of other things you can add to your news briefing like weather different news stations and it just gives you briefings of what's happened for that day. It doesn't update but maybe once a day

2 hours ago, Dove said:

I don't ask for everything in the one sentence. I start by just saying 'Alexa, JWAcess'. When she has gone through her welcome to JWAcess speech, then I ask for what I want to listen to i.e Original songs, Bible reading etc.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

40 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

I don't ask for everything in the one sentence. I start by just saying 'Alexa, JWAcess'. When she has gone through her welcome to JWAcess speech, then I ask for what I want to listen to i.e Original songs, Bible reading etc.

I've tried that and she always says, JFW, right? That was JFW?

2 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Does your device respond to the same request in the same way when it is spoken by another person in the room?

I haven't tried that, but no one here speaks more clearly than I..it only happens with this one request..all others no problem..but I will try that..

Edited by Dove

I haven't tried that, but no one here speaks more clearly than I..it only happens with this one request..all others no problem..but I will try that..
I have to say JW ACCESS slowly.

Make sure there is a minor pause between JW --- ACCESS ...that helps

12 minutes ago, SheyZ said:

Make sure there is a minor pause between JW --- ACCESS ...that helps

yes I did that too

yes I did that too
Say this...... Alexa, ASK jw access..

I think saying ASK will do it...
Then Alexa says ... Welcome to JW ACCESS... I can play ( blah, blah ...) What would u like to hear? Then say morning worship for instance.

Say this...... Alexa, ASK jw access..

I think saying ASK will do it...
Then Alexa says ... Welcome to JW ACCESS... I can play ( blah, blah ...) What would u like to hear? Then say morning worship for instance.

If that doesn't work email the Brothers at JW ACCESS

Those are the original songs by jw.org. The brothers usually play them after the broadcast the monthly broadcast. If you were to go to JW Broadcasting you will see at the bottom where it says original songs so if you want just the witness songs that we sing at the Kingdom Hall this is what you say:.
Alexa .. ask JW access to play Kingdom Melodies.

This is what you can do in order to know what you can ask JW access.
Go to the Alexa app open top left three lines next to the word home. Tap on the three lines scroll down to skills. In the search box type in JW access. Then that skill will come up page down in that skill and you will see the things that you can ask JW access to do from the jw.org site. hope that helps. Keep me updated

Thank you so much for your help. I wondered what those songs were from.

I have be trying out how to play the chorus songs, the ones with the beautiful voices.

I downloaded them through the JW app, but it only plays one at a time.

DH was working in the garage, I have a Kindle Fire with Alexa and was playing the Original Songs.

I did try to get Alexa to play chorus, but she was completely confused .... Ha Ha, maybe I am the one confused. :-)

Amy from WA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I finally figured it out. I had to go into the app and remove all the wrong guesses Alexander had made. This AM I couldn't sleep so I figured it out

Sent from my KFSAWA using Tapatalk

YAY!

YAY!

That was a smart move I will also do that.

Thank you so much for your help. I wondered what those songs were from.

I have be trying out how to play the chorus songs, the ones with the beautiful voices.

I downloaded them through the JW app, but it only plays one at a time.

DH was working in the garage, I have a Kindle Fire with Alexa and was playing the Original Songs.

I did try to get Alexa to play chorus, but she was completely confused .... Ha Ha, maybe I am the one confused. :-)

Amy from WA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Did you read all the commands you can give Alexa in the JW ACCESS skill? The friends that sponsor the skill haven't got everything from JW.ORG working yet.