JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library Pictures

Copy--save as--to the desktop,  then I would use VLC,.  The only time we use pictures other than what is already built into the library app is if a speaker wants a picture use in a public talk.  This happened last Sunday.  He gave me a flash drive, we found the picture he wanted to use and I saved it on the desktop.  I had it ready before the meeting.  I opened VLC, then opened the picture and had it in VLC, and then it was all ready.  All I had to do was to close the library app (I probably could have just minimized) then VLC was in the background and it worked perfect.  After his talk I just started the library app and we were back in business.  

if you are talking about just the illustrations that get used at all the meetings, they are built into the app.  Just make sure the workbook is downloaded for that week, and then hit the media icon in the upper right.  Everything should be there, videos, pictures and anything else to be used.  

We have a 'mini' Mac for our computer.  So we have two brothers assigned to 'clip' or 'crop' the pictures at home and bring them (properly labeled) to the Hall.  The audio/video brother uses a USB flash drive to upload them into the sound program.  We do the same with the pictures that our Public Talk speakers bring.

ps. with two brothers assigned, we hope that at least one of the selections will have no problems.  It has worked out well.

7 hours ago, jwhess said:

We have a 'mini' Mac for our computer.  So we have two brothers assigned to 'clip' or 'crop' the pictures at home and bring them (properly labeled) to the Hall.  The audio/video brother uses a USB flash drive to upload them into the sound program.  We do the same with the pictures that our Public Talk speakers bring.

ps. with two brothers assigned, we hope that at least one of the selections will have no problems.  It has worked out well.

The brothers also use a mini mac although I was recently told they want to buy a PC soon (Yeah!)

A brother will create a folder for each meeting on the desktop and load all of the media in the correct order. I assume he opens the correct publication in JW.Org and just right clicks to save the images.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

A brother will create a folder for each meeting on the desktop and load all of the media in the correct order. I assume he opens the correct publication in JW.Org and just right clicks to save the images.

We also display, on our Kingdom Hall monitors, the 3 questions for our Watchtower review.  I use my Windows PC and the free "snipping tool" that Microsoft provides.  I call up the Watchtower, choose the page with the questions and just click ob the tool.  It allows me to draw a box around the selected material and then I just choose "save".  The material is saved as a .jpg file for uploading to our hall computer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2018 at 1:35 PM, The Deej said:

Copy--save as--to the desktop,  then I would use VLC,.  The only time we use pictures other than what is already built into the library app is if a speaker wants a picture use in a public talk.  This happened last Sunday.  He gave me a flash drive, we found the picture he wanted to use and I saved it on the desktop.  I had it ready before the meeting.  I opened VLC, then opened the picture and had it in VLC, and then it was all ready.  All I had to do was to close the library app (I probably could have just minimized) then VLC was in the background and it worked perfect.  After his talk I just started the library app and we were back in business.  

if you are talking about just the illustrations that get used at all the meetings, they are built into the app.  Just make sure the workbook is downloaded for that week, and then hit the media icon in the upper right.  Everything should be there, videos, pictures and anything else to be used.  

Good morning Deric,

I recently installed VLC  on the hall computer.  That is as far as I got. I tried opening a picture and it didn't come through as a full screen and didn't stay on the  screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Do computers at Kingdom Halls usually have anti-virus etc software installed? In case of a USB drive accidentally being infected.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Kingsoft Office WPS
There is a free app that mimics MS Office with Word & PowerPoint) & Excel) on PC, but for free.
In 'PowerPoint,' insert pic into slideshow. If no pic file: look at picture on screen; screenshot it (Cntrl+PrtScr)
Now right click and paste into slide.
WPS will put fullsize pic on 2nd screen, while operator can see what is coming up next, etc.
If speaker has pc or Android , he can get it for free, and compose it himself. I add notes in the notes screen, and email (or usb stick) for use at hall. Operator can then see when to change slide, by following aling in notes...
You can label, add text, edit, crop or zoom pics using the included editor tools. It operates same as PowerPoint so it not familiar with it, there are many help pages, YouTube etc to learn how...
I have some blank presentation templates. Contact me, and I can send blank template. Easy to add pic. I use black backdrop so easier on the eyes than white background. Super flexible. I screenshot the meeting workbook pdf files, as the pictures are different to the Library ones, as usually the questions/text is missing

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

21 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

Kingsoft Office WPS
There is a free app that mimics MS Office with Word & PowerPoint) & Excel) on PC, but for free.
In 'PowerPoint,' insert pic into slideshow. If no pic file: look at picture on screen; screenshot it (Cntrl+PrtScr)
Now right click and paste into slide.
WPS will put fullsize pic on 2nd screen, while operator can see what is coming up next, etc.
If speaker has pc or Android , he can get it for free, and compose it himself. I add notes in the notes screen, and email (or usb stick) for use at hall. Operator can then see when to change slide, by following aling in notes...
You can label, add text, edit, crop or zoom pics using the included editor tools. It operates same as PowerPoint so it not familiar with it, there are many help pages, YouTube etc to learn how...
I have some blank presentation templates. Contact me, and I can send blank template. Easy to add pic. I use black backdrop so easier on the eyes than white background. Super flexible. I screenshot the meeting workbook pdf files, as the pictures are different to the Library ones, as usually the questions/text is missing

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

Thank you. I might look into trying that.

On 1/9/2018 at 1:59 PM, jwhess said:

Are you guys using bootcamp or another way to run the library with the mac?  We got a Windows 10 machine before I realized that there was a work around for using the Mac.  

On 1/22/2018 at 7:23 AM, Dantheman136 said:

Good morning Deric,

I recently installed VLC  on the hall computer.  That is as far as I got. I tried opening a picture and it didn't come through as a full screen and didn't stay on the  screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Once you have a picture on your desktop, then right click on it and say open with "VLC" then it should bring that up.  You can also stack multiple pictures in VLC by opening it and then dragging each picture into the program and then you can arrange the order.

5 hours ago, The Deej said:

Are you guys using bootcamp or another way to run the library with the mac?  We got a Windows 10 machine before I realized that there was a work around for using the Mac.  

We aren't using JW Library, we still use KH Audio program.  Their updates include the video display, picture display and the display of the year text in between other uses of the monitors.

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

We aren't using JW Library, we still use KH Audio program.  Their updates include the video display, picture display and the display of the year text in between other uses of the monitors.

Oh is that different from Soundbox?  Soundbox is going away soon.  I have to tell you that the Library app is soooooooo easy to use.  Even a caveman can do it.  lol remember those commercials?  hahaha

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2018 at 10:53 AM, The Deej said:

Once you have a picture on your desktop, then right click on it and say open with "VLC" then it should bring that up.  You can also stack multiple pictures in VLC by opening it and then dragging each picture into the program and then you can arrange the order.

Thank you. I tried it again and was able to put it up on the monitors. Didn't try with multiple pictures yet. Thanks again

On 1/9/2018 at 12:55 PM, amwambinga said:

How can i download pictures from jw library for projecting at the meetings?

We use them straight from the app.  

Windows 10 laptop. We download the appropriate files just like through the mobile app.  Click on the cloud. 

Works just like the mobile version of the app.  Video and pictures are set to display on monitor 2.