JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Apparent Doom and Gloom for World Economy

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1904 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the bubble has a tiny leak. The news is talking about the massive drop in the DOW but it is still higher than it was at the beginning of the year. It's only lost what it had gained last month...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Analysts are predicting another bad day for the DOW but point out that it was at this level two months ago, so it's only lost two months gain.

A year ago the DOW had barely rose above 20,000. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Brother Alfred,

I agree with you entirely. You certainly seem to have your head on straight and both eyes open. It also seems from recent market events that the time maybe now.

Even if they can pull back from the brink, it doesn't  change the fact that the entire financial system is just as corrupt and rotten as the rest of Satan's world. My guess is we could be looking at a long bouncing down the stairs market for awhile. Even if the market seems to recover, it will be a deception due to manipulation and deception, followed by a bigger crash later.  

• 1 month later...

I happen to know from insiders that a massive corporation in Germany has been preparing for another huge crash since 2014. The fact that it hasn't happened yet doesn't seem to be creating any intentions to chill out at all.

I'm pretty sure the next crash is going to dwarf the dot-dom-crisis and the subprime-mortgage-crisis combined

Yeah that's the consensus among economists, central banksters just kicked the can down the road since '08, all the bad debt and derivatives are still there. They just printed unprecedented amounts of money and told everyone that's it's all OK.  The longer a bubble is blown up, the bigger the burst.  I think when this one goes, it might be the start of the tribulation 

When I think of the housing/mortgage crash,  I wonder , what actually was the root cause of it? Was it not greed? Loan officers giving out loans/mortgages to anyone with a pulse.  Buyers wanting it all here and now. Banks wanting to take advantage of it all.  What may be the root cause of the next crash? The straw the breaks the camels back when it all no longer becomes sustainable regardless of how many band aids are applied. The domino effect will topple one thing after another. What that straw will be and when..... who knows, maybe it will be due to a PRIDE.  Pride comes before a fall.

Edited by Vinnie

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

I watched the video on why not print more money. It verified my conclusion. A Ponzi scheme. My personal thought is yes, we can have a catastrophic crash, and, the, “fix”, peace and security. Lots going on, and lots of possibilities.

But, we know the bottom line. It is just a matter of how the process putts along. And, yes, they have no idea how huge the crash will be. They will be warned...

I wanted to watch more of his videos, but, they were not too cheerful. A bit discouraging. We know what we know. It is the ones out there that trust this system that will be in for a huge disappointment, to put it mildly. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

On 3/27/2018 at 3:08 PM, Vinnie said:

When I think of the housing/mortgage crash,  I wonder , what actually was the root cause of it? Was it not greed? Loan officers giving out loans/mortgages to anyone with a pulse.  Buyers wanting it all here and now. Banks wanting to take advantage of it all.  What may be the root cause of the next crash? The straw the breaks the camels back when it all no longer becomes sustainable regardless of how many band aids are applied. The domino effect will topple one thing after another. What that straw will be and when..... who knows, maybe it will be due to a PRIDE.  Pride comes before a fall.

Many factors caused the collapse in '08, some don't realize.  The mortgages and derivatives  were one big factor, but that doesn't cause banks to fail in other countries.  One factor was the bank of Japan raising interest rates out of the blue, and just overnight with no warning. A lot of other countries had borrowed money from the Japanese central bank at 0% interest and loaned it out for higher rates, ponzie scheme like the rest of the economy.  Another big factor was energy prices. Oil hitting $150/barrel, this makes everything more expensive, causing a lot of countries and businesses/people to borrow more money and live on credit, at some point that money needs to be paid back, when they can't afford to, bankruptcies happen, debt defaults and it starts a crash.  Oil, coal, iron ore, trees, fish ect are "Primary" wealth, real materials that society needs. Lumber, canned fish in the store, steel at the hardware, gas in pumps are "Secondary wealth/assets"  and shares in the stock market on these real, tangible necessities are "Tertiary wealth/assets"  tertiary wealth, stocks, paper money, bonds, futures contracts, derivatives ect are a claim on primary assets.   all have no real value without primary and secondary assets that they're based on.  However the central Banksters  are making tertiary wealth in the form of paper, fiat currency, stocks, bonds, derivatives at an unprecedented pace while the primary assets they're a claim on are running out.  So a shortage of primary assets or wealth and too many false claims on these assets will cause the system to collapse, it's so hard to time though since they continue to patch things up, always coming up with some temporary solution to kick the can down the road for a little while longer, but they can only do this for so long

On 3/27/2018 at 3:08 PM, Vinnie said:

4 hours ago, Mountain man said:

Many factors caused the collapse in '08, some don't realize.  The mortgages and derivatives  were one big factor, but that doesn't cause banks to fail in other countries.  One factor was the bank of Japan raising interest rates out of the blue, and just overnight with no warning. A lot of other countries had borrowed money from the Japanese central bank at 0% interest and loaned it out for higher rates, ponzie scheme like the rest of the economy.  Another big factor was energy prices. Oil hitting $150/barrel, this makes everything more expensive, causing a lot of countries and businesses/people to borrow more money and live on credit, at some point that money needs to be paid back, when they can't afford to, bankruptcies happen, debt defaults and it starts a crash.  Oil, coal, iron ore, trees, fish ect are "Primary" wealth, real materials that society needs. Lumber, canned fish in the store, steel at the hardware, gas in pumps are "Secondary wealth/assets"  and shares in the stock market on these real, tangible necessities are "Tertiary wealth/assets"  tertiary wealth, stocks, paper money, bonds, futures contracts, derivatives ect are a claim on primary assets.   all have no real value without primary and secondary assets that they're based on.  However the central Banksters  are making tertiary wealth in the form of paper, fiat currency, stocks, bonds, derivatives at an unprecedented pace while the primary assets they're a claim on are running out.  So a shortage of primary assets or wealth and too many false claims on these assets will cause the system to collapse, it's so hard to time though since they continue to patch things up, always coming up with some temporary solution to kick the can down the road for a little while longer, but they can only do this for so long

That is very interesting, brother Alfred.  My great-grandfather and other ancestors in my line were big cheeses in the London stock exchange and South African diamond mining and my mother and one of my brothers had a deep understanding of the stock market and how to make money. Unfortunately .. (actually fortunately, as they made money their god) I didn't inherit the 'money' gene and have no idea how any of it works. Your clear and concise explanation has given me a better understanding of some of these things, so thank you again.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

11 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

My great-grandfather and other ancestors in my line were big cheeses in the London stock exchange and South African diamond mining and my mother and one of my brothers had a deep understanding of the stock market and how to make money. Unfortunately .. (actually fortunately, as they made money their god) I didn't inherit the 'money' gene and have no idea how any of it works.

I see from your picture that you were the black sheep in the family...

I feel like Satan is about to push the "reset button" as he's done on this world (which he controls) several times before.

When that happens, the international systems we currently benefit from (or are harmed by) will be faced with extinction;  some will vanish while others will break down into smaller parts which Satan can more easily manage.

Call it "internal restructuring."

Once he has done this restructuring and surprising consolidation of powers, the stage will have been set for his attack on us.

Edited by Brandon

This article explains some current financial challenges the US will face in an easy to understand way.  I Didn't understand much about the financial system before the collapse in '08/09 when that happened I lost my job, mill I worked at shut down, they later opened and struggled along for a few more years before a permanent closure.  But I wanted to know more about what caused the slow down, I still have a lot to learn, but now see how artificial everything is.  All the "Claims" on real wealth are just as phony as digital currency like bitcoin.  

https://www.thefinancialcourier.com/2018/03/interest-rates-rise-as-us-treasuries-demand-plummets/

7 minutes ago, Mountain man said:

This article explains some current financial challenges the US will face in an easy to understand way. 

I have an acquaintance that has been a very successful financial adviser for many years,  his personal opinion is that 2018 will be financially tumultuous but the real storm will be in early 2019. His opinion is based on the changes in the US interest rates and what the major corporations are doing to adjust, some of that will come to a head in 1Q2019. Of course he can't predict what Trump will do in the mean time...

It's so hard to time, for sure.  Even very talented annalists can't accurately predict when it'll crash/correct.  The Petro-Yuan released this month is the biggest factor that will affect everything in North America in my opinion, and we're not hearing a peep about it in the news here.  I've seen a lot of discussion about the year 2020 and what will happen between now and then.  It seems like more than just economists are concerned about the next 2 years and beyond.  I'm seeing concerns from environmentalists and others.  If something big doesn't happen in the next 2 years, I'll be very surprised, there's only so many more bandaids that can be put on the old system before things start to collapse 

On 26/01/2018 at 10:20 AM, Tortuga said:

Bubble or not, I'm spending the extra money while I can..:lol:

Most people don't take those fake widow's mites you know!

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

I feel like Satan is about to push the "reset button" as he's done on this world (which he controls) several times before.

When that happens, the international systems we currently benefit from (or are harmed by) will be faced with extinction;  some will vanish while others will break down into smaller parts which Satan can more easily manage.

Call it "internal restructuring."

Once he has done this restructuring and surprising consolidation of powers, the stage will have been set for his attack on us.

Thank goodness Jehovah has a bigger reset button than Satan. Ay?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

I’ve heard talk of a, “Jubilee year”. Controversial, to say the least.

Its not fake from the perspective of the Jewish nation, it's more irrelevant because they are not living the truth or even acknowledging it. 

They have actually been celebrating a Jubilee year which they do every fifty years. That ends in April this year. They feel that because of certain celestial bodies colliding that haven't in so many thousands of years along with the four blood moons that this year might be the year everything happens.

We, of course, don't put any relevancy in celestial signs outside what the scriptures say.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

58 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Jehovah has a bigger reset button than Satan.

Doesn't that run contrary to our ministry illustration "you just evict the bad tenants, you don't destroy the whole house and start over" ? 

Armageddon is a reset button isnt it? It's resetting how things are administered and the rules of society into line with Jehovah's rules - do you disagree with this Brandon? (If you are referring to the physical planet ... then yes Jehovah will reset that too, which is different to burning down a house - it's more a renovation of a house left in ruins by the tenants).

In fact, just thinking about a 'reset' button ... if you use a reset in a virtual game ... you are resetting the changes YOU have made back to the generic or original version. This will be done to the earth. In fact , if you listen to the words 'just around the corner' song, it uses the words: "the world is young and life is new" while we won't know exactly what is meant here until after the fact - it does suggest a little tweak at least or a reset.

25 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Doesn't that run contrary to our ministry illustration "you just evict the bad tenants, you don't destroy the whole house and start over" ? 

Edited by Stormswift

9 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Its not fake from the perspective of the Jewish nation, it's more irrelevant because they are not living the truth or even acknowledging it. 

They have actually been celebrating a Jubilee year which they do every fifty years. That ends in April this year. They feel that because of certain celestial bodies colliding that haven't in so many thousands of years along with the four blood moons that this year might be the year everything happens.

We, of course, don't put any relevancy in celestial signs outside what the scriptures say.

As far as I can remember the, Jubilee” year is reissuing money. What you have, you have to turn it in for the new money. I guess if you are poor, it’s not a big deal, but if you have money you can’t see, “stocks, bonds, even savings”, it can be a big deal. I think they even have something to say about the value of gold and silver. 

Try, try, as they may, it won’t fix anything, whatever they do. And, for us, we will be more or less spectators until the system actually does collapse. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!