JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Going to Croatia

My wife, daughter and son in-law and I are going to the Special Convention in Tbilisi Georgia in July but after that we are flying to Dubrovnik Croatia. Anyone have any Croatia suggestions?  We could stay in Dubrovnik, travel up to Split or even head over to Bosnia or Montenegro.  We fly into and out of Dubrovnik but we'll rent a car so a little travel would be OK and we'll find an Airbnb to stay in.  I see there are no english speaking Congregations close by, but going to a meeting and service would still be a blast!

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

When you're there, you really need to go to the plitvice lakes.

A very strange happening... you cross through the islands to plitvice. But when you do, you will see the remainings of the war from tens years ago. It's very sad to see that people still live in houses that are completely wrecked by the war and the shootings.  Full of Bullet holes in the walls of the houses. Some towns even look like ghost towns. 

Then you arrive at plitvice. And that is really a paradise. We loved it!

Besides of that we went to the following places in Croatia: Umag, Rovinj, Porec, Pula and Piran which is in Slovenia right across the border near pula (I thought).

Edited by skipdaflip

I have the name of a place in Trogir not far from Split a little apartment we rented ( reasonable) the lady has relatives that are witnesses and I’m still in touch with her she speaks good English. We went to the meeting in Trogir used our GPS to find it up up up past vineyards found a house with the Kingdom Hall underneath. Brothers have little means there and cost of living is high. We received a wonderful welcome even though few spoke English but we did find a few that spoke English ( mostly the younger generation. We drove to Dubrovnik and the beautiful Plitcvic Lakes . We travelled the coast from Split to Dubrovnik stopped along the way and enjoyed the locals and all they have to offer fruit, wine , fish and nice quaint eating places.  My dad’s family are from Croatia ..... I really enjoyed exploring my roots . 

Spoiler

Ooops didn’t mean to hit spoiler lol sorry for the disappointment :wacko:

An older brother & sister in apartment directly beneath ours are Croatian. However they lived in Sarajevo. One suggestion. Try :chef: Sarma :eat: - it is a rice meat mix in a fermented cabbage leaves ( like sauer kraut ). Best hot and even better the next day. :eat:

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: