JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org - NEWS RELEASES | Witnesses Accelerate Hurricane Relief Efforts

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2284 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

13 minutes ago, DRCole said:

I have just been invited to Florida for Relief work.   I am REALLY looking forward to helping our dear brothers

How cool!

I'm still hoping for an invitation to Texas or Santa Rosa.

I'm tempted to embellish my skills on Builders Assistant to ensure I get invited but obviously I won't do that..:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Wow. That is a tremendous amount of work..

A total of 690 construction volunteers, 450 for the islands and 240 for Florida and Georgia, will assist with repairing Kingdom Halls and the homes of our brothers. The relief work is estimated to cost over $30 million and entails the following repair work:
British and U.S. Virgin Islands – 5 Kingdom Halls, 190 homes
Florida – 40 Kingdom Halls, 1,174 homes
Puerto Rico – 106 Kingdom Halls, 2 Assembly Halls, 1,216 homes
Turks and Caicos – 2 Kingdom Halls, 56 homes

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Wow. That is a tremendous amount of work..

A total of 690 construction volunteers, 450 for the islands and 240 for Florida and Georgia, will assist with repairing Kingdom Halls and the homes of our brothers. The relief work is estimated to cost over $30 million and entails the following repair work:
British and U.S. Virgin Islands – 5 Kingdom Halls, 190 homes
Florida – 40 Kingdom Halls, 1,174 homes
Puerto Rico – 106 Kingdom Halls, 2 Assembly Halls, 1,216 homes
Turks and Caicos – 2 Kingdom Halls, 56 homes

And donations needed..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 minute ago, richietj77 said:

106 Kingdom Halls... that's about 1/3, almost half of the KH here in the island.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Wow, are you able to help?

Wow, are you able to help?
At this moment, no. After the hurricane another problem appeared: my mother-in-law's cancer chemo treatment didn't work as expected, and she got worse. Now all the family is in this situation. But some brothers and sisters from our congregation are working with the Relief Committee in a nearby KH.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk