JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Orleans trip...

We plan to be in New Orleans for a few days the first week of May, does anyone have any suggestions for things to do?

Suggestions for theocratic and non-theocratic activities are welcome.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

We plan to be in New Orleans for a few days the first week of May, does anyone have any suggestions for things to do?

Yep! ... make your way to the airport, catch connecting flight to Australia :lol1:LOL 

582a9ed62cad940d786ed9f94fdb7da5.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I traveled quite a bit when I worked. Even made it to Canada and, Hawaii, and points in between. New Orleans was my most favorite. I always wanted to go back with my husband. 

Diabetes money. Lots of it, and we had a good time. Closed The House of Blues! For a party...

Anyway, what I loved was the people and the food! You have to set aside money to go to one of the well known places to eat! Plus, and, it was many, many years ago.(memory?) The Victorian houses, made of brick. We have them here too, but, made of wood. 

It was a special place. I love the water. We were where the Mississippi River intersected the ocean. 

That Katrina mess. Our conference was in the building where that misery happened. Plus, alcohol pop cycles! You could buy one and stroll along, eating it. 

I still have a basket woven out of wire. Colored wire. Pretty special. Plus art work made on a slate. 

I know this isn’t much, but, New Orleans I started pretty special. Or was. I hope it still is. 

We took a bus tour. That’s how we saw the Victorian houses. 

Im still sorry we didn’t go out in the  bayous. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

1 minute ago, Life4u said:

He is ready.... :lol2: LOL ..LOL

414lJ5PfK0L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Prepare to be 'jazzed'.^_^  You might wanna listen to some jazz, to help prepare your ears for the onslaught.:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

• 3 months later...

We are in Greenville, Mississippi today, we'll be in Vicksburg tomorrow. Anyone on JWT close to this area?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

15 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Go a little further on I-10 ... when you get to Lake City, Fl - give me a call and we can visit the Jax Disaster Warehouse together :thumbsup:

Can you meet me in New Orleans next week and give me a ride?

:lol1:

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Can you meet me in New Orleans next week and give me a ride?

:lol1:

No, but I can meet you in Jacksonville and give you a ride on the forklift :eek:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

For a turtle ...that's fast! :scared:

Any photos from your trip?

I took this today..

20180424_133358.thumb.jpg.67aee32db17652d8a126cb55db8531ad.jpg

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

No, but I can meet you in Jacksonville and give you a ride on the forklift :eek:

Not if your LDC safety officer is present! :lol:

Or do you have a two-seater with belts?

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

18 hours ago, Old said:

Not if your LDC safety officer is present! :lol:

Or do you have a two-seater with belts?

Who said you would have to get out of your car to get a ride on the lift?

We are docked next to the USS KIDD in Baton Rogue and Tom Hanks is using it to make a movie and they fired one of the big guns several times this morning. :scared:

I think I saw Tom Hanks on the deck this morning.

Let me try and get ahold of the (my attempt at doing ASL) the former ASL  P.O. that is now serving where the need is great in the DR. He went to New Orleans to give a ‘talk’ about 5 years ago.  Since he drove so far to give the ASL talk they set him and hisloveky pioneer wife up to spend a few days with a brother and sister who open their guest house for visiting speakers and such.  If I recall, one is an interior designer and they own a tour group business too.  They assisted a great deal with one of the International  conventions in 2013 or 2014 that was held in New Orleans. Fuzzy on the details at this time.i am sure he co7ld tell me the tour guide service owned by the brother and sister.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

We are docked next to the USS KIDD in Baton Rogue and Tom Hanks is using it to make a movie and they fired one of the big guns several times this morning. :scared:

This got my curiosity up. The movie is based on C.S. Forester's book "The Good Shepard." WW2 convoy work in the North Atalntic. I read the book years ago, Forester was a great writer, I heartily recommend the Hornblower series. 

Here is the local newspaper comment on the movie in progress: http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/entertainment_life/movies_tv/article_d1c8d3e2-327e-11e8-8acc-83566976cc32.html

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Guess I'd rather see Tom Hanks than Tom Cruise :lol1:

I really liked him in Sully

Edited by Qapla

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Not thinking about the subject of the movie, when I read they fired one of the big guns I was thinking the Director or someone important on the set,  but couldn't understand why they had to do it several times.....:S 

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..