JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New GB Member

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1863 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, Shawnster said:

Adding one doesn't mean we're going to lose one.  

Well, one day soon we will lose the remaining ones .....all at the same time!

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Oh...that wasn't an earthquake I felt, it was a topic merge...:lol:

For the benefit of all, topics will continue to be merged in this fashion.

D66ACD0F-A438-4DE1-A704-9D7B33D7CB7A.jpeg.9f88df7f7f8cdde40661f031fadcfd8b.jpeg

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Please verify:

Brother Kenneth Cook, Jr., baptized 1980, started pioneering 1982, accepted to Bethel 1984.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Please check the breaking news alert on JW.org https://www.jw.org/en/news/#newsAlerts

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

8 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Please verify:

Brother Kenneth Cook, Jr., baptized 1980, started pioneering 1982, accepted to Bethel 1984.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I dont suppose we here can verify his DOB.

Perhaps you can tell us where you had the info from

I think we can appreciate that the work load that these few men carry is tremendous! and their schedules are something insane, they are devoted in the fullest sense to Jehovah and his organisation. Honestly it was a surprise but not really a surprise (if you know what I mean) to have another brother appointed to the GB. And we can imagine like all big decisions taken, it was probably in the pipeline for months if not years already. We can imagine that they have been deliberating this and asking for Jehovah's direction in this matter for some time already. We saw what an asset bro Sanderson proved to be with dealing with the whole Russia issue, and no doubt Jehovah has plans for this brother too. I would also imagine that the older members of the body would be pleased with this, as I am sure their health does limit what they are able to do, as compared to say 10 or 20 years ago.  

It is good news ..there is tremendous amount of work, they are doubling and tripling up on responsibilities..  I would love to see another 10 more so that they can share the load, the older you get the less vitality you have..

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

On 1/25/2018 at 11:04 AM, Jothob said:

Also, I wonder if they will replace bro Cook with someone else to make it 6 again on the writing committee?!  :-)

I doesn't mean there will be any less than 6 on the Writing Committee now. He will likely still be on that committee. I believe Brother Splane is on the Writing Committee also, which would mean there are more than 6. It's just that the list on committee members here (dated March 2016) includes only the "helpers," not those on the Governing Body.

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

I doesn't mean there will be any less than 6 on the Writing Committee now. He will likely still be on that committee. I believe Brother Splane is on the Writing Committee also, which would mean there are more than 6. It's just that the list on committee members here (dated March 2016) includes only the "helpers," not those on the Governing Body.

Ahh thanks for the clarification! Didn’t know that... :-)

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

JUst to clarify. The helpers are not members of the committees. They are helpers to the committees.

I Herd that Losch had to Splane to Sanderson why they Lett Jackson Cook Morris than him...
Wow, how did you do it. So funny.

Sent from my TECNO DP7CPRO using Tapatalk

I Herd that Losch had to Splane to Sanderson why they Lett Jackson Cook Morris than him...
Wow, how did you do it. So funny.

Sent from my TECNO DP7CPRO using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

but what's the purpose of having that information?

It just gives us some information about the brother. Getting to know him.
It's a common question where many brothers 'n sisters would've asked him personally.

Find it interesting that there is such a big gab between the German and the English list of helpers:

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/governing-body/

https://www.jw.org/de/jehovas-zeugen/haeufig-gestellte-fragen/leitende-koerperschaft/

Is the German list much older or much newer?

49 minutes ago, student said:

Find it interesting that there is such a big gab between the German and the English list of helpers:

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/governing-body/

https://www.jw.org/de/jehovas-zeugen/haeufig-gestellte-fragen/leitende-koerperschaft/

Br. Cook is missing in the German list. So I assume it is the updated version? But that's strange because usually all the English stuff is getting updated :confused::laugh:

15 hours ago, Qapla said:

I Herd that Losch had to Splane to Sanderson why they Lett Jackson Cook Morris than him

I would probably have arranged them in a slightly different order:

I Herd that Losch had to Splane to Sanderson why Jackson Lett Morris Cook.

I like that one a little better!  >:D<

“Jackson Lett Morris Cook” - amazing that just those 4 names can make a complete sentence.

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

On 1/27/2018 at 1:31 PM, student said:

The German list is not up to date.  You can see this fact by comparing the current English list with the original English list, which was first published in the Oct 2015 WT:

“Keep Holding Men of That Sort Dear” (w15 10/15 p. 3)

Edited by Brandon