JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Windows 10/JW Library

Okay, if this subject has been already covered I apologize.

Anyway, due to a Wi-Fi glitch with my laptop I haven't been able to update the Library.

Finally got it fixed today and was trying to update (2 gb to go) but it just sits there doing nothing.

Is there a problem with Windows 10?

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Hard to tell. The WTLIB update is huge, about 1.3 GB so it does take awhile.

There are some Window 10 updates going on too, mine took hours to update the other day.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Okay, so while it sits there doing nothing I should just let it sit there.....working in the background? 

Im a techy illiterate....if that makes any sense. :D

Just now, Loopy said:

Okay, so while it sits there doing nothing I should just let it sit there.....working in the background? 

Im a techy illiterate....if that makes any sense. :D

Hard to say.

Do you have a slow internet service? Does it usually take hours to download large files?

What is currently on your computer screen?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

No, I have Charter/Spectrum. 

Im not on the laptop right now. 

I was just curious if anyone else was having problems 

Theres a brother in my congregation that I can ask for help I guess. :)

Sometimes when I open it, it doesn’t respond. I was having a little problem with that last night. That may have been the issue.

ill have to work on it

A question @Loopy: Are you inquiring about JW Library, the app, as the topic title indicates? Or are you asking about Watchtower Library, the DVD, that Richard seems to be discussing? They are two different programs, but the brothers and sisters are constantly mixing up the two terms. It can be confusing. :perplexed:

Edited by Sheep

12 minutes ago, Loopy said:

I did it again didn’t I. The disk in the laptop. 

I have a problem thinking people can read my mind. :lol1:

I never explain what I’m talking about...I just assume. :D

Well, both Richard and I  must be able to read your mind because we both assumed you were talking about the WT Library. :D I think it was the word 'laptop' that said WT Library to me because I only use JW Library on portable devices and my laptop sits in the same place like a PC so therefore not portable ......... :D

As far as explaining what you are talking about, why would you?  I have conversations with people mentally and then carry them on when I'm with the person physically.  They just need to keep up!! :lol1:

Sorry, none of that answers your question but I have only upgraded on my Win 7 so far.  Maybe just go away and ignore it for a while on the principle that watched pots don't boil. :upsidedown:

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

A question @Loopy: Are you inquiring about JW Library, the app, as the topic title indicates? Or are you asking about Watchtower Library, the DVD, that Richard seems to be discussing? They are two different programs, but the brothers and sisters are constantly mixing up the two terms. It can be confusing. :perplexed:

Oops....:o my bad...:lol:

Edited by Tortuga

Well, I’m trying it again.

So far I have a tiny green stripe. So as usual it didn’t start fast enough to suit me. :lol1:

Just haven’t gotten that good quality of patience yet....boy is it a work in progress.

Downloading is still at 0.0

Welp, it’s been at 0.1 for an hour. Must have a lot of information (2 gb) to catch up on.

So I left it upstairs and I’m gonna get bust doing something else.

Yeah I know, a watched pot never boils. :D

I'm not sure if you are talking about Windows, WTLIB or JWL.

Can you take a picture of the screen with your phone and post it here? That might help..

First order of business it was the WT Library (disk) that I was talking about. :)

Secondly I'm back upstairs and EUREKA! It has downloaded. How long it took I don't know, I just left it to itself all day.

So I am now up-to-date.

Hopefully, whatever has been causing the loss of Wi-Fi to my laptop has been fixed and it won't happen again....one can only hope.

Hello, I have the original 2016 edition program installed on my windows 10 PC.  I tried to update my Wt Library. The update starts but it doesn't update. It keeps giving me an error "Failed to update Watchtower Library.  Please make sure that there are no other instances of Watchtower Library running, Then try again."

When the update starts, it closes the WT Library program, like it should. I updates to 3% then gives the "Failed to update Watchtower Library.  Please make sure that there are no other instances of Watchtower Library running, Then try again."

I also to apply Package manually using WTLibrary.E.WTE.1702.BASE.UPDATEPKG. The update starts but I still get that same error.

Sometimes it will say, "Failed to validate"

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, the 2016 version,   Reboot several times. the  same results

Please Help