JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I wrote an article for my company’s blog today about a great free library service that the Andalucía Borough Council offer to all residents. It is a service offered in other parts of Spain too. Although the library website itself can be displayed in English, the actual books and magazines are in Spanish obviously.

If you live outside of Spain, maybe your country offers a similar service where you can borrow books and magazines online to read on your electronic devices.

Just thought I’d share it with you in case there are any Spanish book worms amongst us!

English article: https://idealpropertyspain.com/en/the-andalucian-library

Spanish article: https://idealpropertyspain.com/es/la-biblioteca-de-andalucia

It was great to be inside a library again after so many years. I’d thoroughly recommend it.

It's bigger on the inside!

55 minutes ago, Stoffer said:

I wrote an article for my company’s blog today about a great free library service that the Andalucía Borough Council offer to all residents. It is a service offered in other parts of Spain too. Although the library website itself can be displayed in English, the actual books and magazines are in Spanish obviously.

If you live outside of Spain, maybe your country offers a similar service where you can borrow books and magazines online to read on your electronic devices.

Just thought I’d share it with you in case there are any Spanish book worms amongst us!

English article: https://idealpropertyspain.com/en/the-andalucian-library

Spanish article: https://idealpropertyspain.com/es/la-biblioteca-de-andalucia

It was great to be inside a library again after so many years. I’d thoroughly recommend it.

Project Gutenberg has 56,000 volumes available, mostly in English.

www.gutenberg.org

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Our Public Library has been offering electronic publications for several years now. They use two different online services:

Rakuten OverDrive, Inc.

An American digital distributor of eBooks, audiobooks, music, and video titles. The company provides secure management, digital rights management and download fulfillment services for publishers, libraries, schools, and retailers. OverDrive's catalog includes more than 2 million digital titles from more than 5,000 publishers. The company's global network includes more than 27,000 libraries and schools. OverDrive was founded in 1986 and is located in Cleveland, Ohio

RBMedia

An audiobook publishing company with sales globally. It claims to be the largest audiobook publisher in the world. It was founded in 2017 through the acquisitions of independent audiobook companies which include: Recorded Books, Tantor Media, HighBridge Audio, ChristianAudio, Gildan Media, W.F. Howes, Wavesound, Audiobooks.com. 

RBDigital is an app and service for the distribution of digital content including audiobooks, magazines, instruction, movies, comics, and video games.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On 2/9/2018 at 8:01 PM, Stoffer said:

Nice article! Libraries are magical wonderful places, aren't they?

I grew up spending most of the time in my local Child Library and I was eager to become 16 and access the Adult Library because I had already read practically all the books there... Some even several times. :lol:

Now I work in a library too, but of a special kind. :wink: We deal with old manuscripts, several-centuries-old books and most of all newspapers since the 18th century. I think you'd love to pay us a visit. :)

2 hours ago, carlos said:

We deal with old manuscripts, several-centuries-old books and most of all newspapers since the 18th century. I think you'd love to pay us a visit

That sounds like just my kind of place. I would LOVE to visit!

It's bigger on the inside!